IGNORED

Champagne Moments This Season

Dollymarie

Cardiff result by a country mile for me.

I was going to take anything less than a 0-5 defeat as a moral victory. Somehow we managed to win comfortably.

Clarkson's goal was a good one. My first thought was "he's skied that into row Z when we need to keep hold of....oh hang on...yeeeesss".

There was one other moment which is possibly a champagne moment. Unfortunately I can't remember the details but McAllister (I think) scuffed a short corner into the box. Everyone in the Atyeo groaned at the awfulness of it...and then hit the roof as the ball went in.

He did one at coventry away when we went one nil up

.... but to follow through with a chant of ' you're a pig. I'm a goat - you stink, I dont ' was hardly a champaigne moment was it?.. rather childish infact. :)

(some bloke sat in the stand - allegedly :tumbleweed: ..... eh?.. not that? wot are we on about then? )

Its certainly been eventful this season!

The Supporters Club and Trust are compiling a list of "Champagne moments" for this season, so that they can be voted for at the awards night on the 13th of May. So far we have come up with a few, and now we need your help.

• Jon Stead's wonder strike versus QPR, at Ashton Gate, Friday October 22nd.
  • Marvin Elliott's volleyed winner at the Riverside. City 2-1 Middlesbrough, Saturday October 30th.
  • David Clarkson's 40 yarder against Leicester City in stoppage time. Saturday November 20th.
  • Jamie McAllister scores direct from a corner City 3-0 Sheffield United, Saturday November 27th.
  • Our 3 nil Win against Cardiff, on New years day

This thread is to suggest any others so that we can come up with a shortlist.

Hi Dolly!

I wouldn't just leave at 3-0 against Cardiff JCR's goal was a peach!

The Supporters Club and Trust are compiling a list of "Champagne moments" for this season, so that they can be voted for at the awards night on the 13th of May. So far we have come up with a few, and now we need your help.

• Marvin Elliott's volleyed winner at the Riverside. City 2-1 Middlesbrough, Saturday October 30th.
  • David Clarkson's 40 yarder against Leicester City in stoppage time. Saturday November 20th.
  • Jamie McAllister scores direct from a corner City 3-0 Sheffield United, Saturday November 27th.

Surely Mr Beep beep beep beep is worthy of an award?

The champagne moment has yet to come.

This season, we've been through Coppell's brief reign, an awful start to the season, injuries left right and centre, the stadium palarva, dodgy councillors, village green warriors, relegation worries, Steve's resignation etc. etc. So, when the final whistle blows at the end of our last game next month, the fact the we will still be in the championship will be the champagne moment of what has been the worst season for a very long time.

clearly the cardiff 3-0 is the best from dolly's list. However, isn't that a bit too big to be a champagne moment. all the others are moments or snippets froma game. It seems a little bit rubbish just saying beating cardiff 3-0 is the champagne moment. It's a game not a moment.

With that in mind i'd agree with what someone else said further up and give it to JCR's goal and the third against cardiff. Great goal and sealed the game. Massive relief all round when that went in. Definitely my favourite moment of the season.

My champagne moment is on ice at the moment, still waiting for rovers to get relegated and then the champagne will be flowing for days. :dancing2:

but seriously the best moment for me was the reading game, the atmosphere was superb. The way all the fans encouraged the players to win the ball back was just brilliant.

From a purely football perspective the counter attack that Elliot finished off at cov - immense move only seen on player though as all the FLS showed was the cross and finish

The moment that made me think "wow this is why i love watching city" was Caulker's equaliser at QPR, only because Cardiff wasn't 6!

Jesus, I only made it back for 4 games this season, but they were Sheff United home, Palace home, Cardiff home, and QPR away. If the bulk of the champagne moments are from those matches, either I am very lucky or it has generally been a far worse season than I guessed...

From the little I saw, the equaliser at Loftus Road was the best single moment.

Jesus, I only made it back for 4 games this season, but they were Sheff United home, Palace home, Cardiff home, and QPR away. If the bulk of the champagne moments are from those matches, either I am very lucky or it has generally been a far worse season than I guessed...

Good record of seeing games there. You haven't missed a lot else.

clarksons lob agaisnt leicester was a great sight from the easteand,

but as said small jamals goal agaisnt cardiff

finally had us believing we would do the welsh and erase some of the painful 0-6 memories.:clapping: :clapping:

You have remarkable foresight or remarkable luck!...fair play to you.

I got to 6 home league matches - 5 defeats and a draw. Scored 2 - conceded 11.

Zero champagne moments at the Gate.

Coventry away was a tonic...Marvs goal - the fourth - would have to be my champagne moment

Not a moment for City fans to savour, but I admit it actually put a smile on my face.

Early in the season when City were playing poorly at Portman Road. As it was not that long since the World Cup non performance by the national team, the Ipswich fans sang "Are you England in disguise?"

Archived