IGNORED

Carey "i'll Need A Hearing Aid"

Jordan Tansley

Louis Carey has revealed he will need a hearing aid when he retires after the assualt by Joe Garner in the S****horpe game.

When does football stop being a screen for blatant assault? Morgan, Thatcher and now Garner have seriously injured and put at risk the lives of others with malicious assaults with no attempt on the ball.

If I did that in the street and broke a mans skull I would be jailed for GBH and potentially attempted murder? Why are the thugs in a polyester shirt different?

Louis will suffer a hearing problem for the rest of his life now, and what punishment will that horrible ginger **** get?

Get well soon Louis, it's great to see you back in a city shirt and hopefully your hearing will not effect your ability on the pitch.

I watched the interview and thought it was so sad that this is the result of Garner's "challenge" on him.

I'm sure he will, but I do hope that Louis gets a complete all clear before considering playing league football again, particularly as we really don't have too much left to play for now.

As for the player concerned, if this happened once it could of course be a complete accident, but I've seen him do the same thing twice to City players now, he's a vile individual.

I remember it well. I was sat in the 2nd row of the Ateyo with my football team and Garner and Carey were at each other from the off. Carey got a bit physical at one point and Garner chased him but had second thoughts. Minutes later the both went for a header and it seemed Garner led with an arm hence Carey going down badly with the injury.

The referee did nothing, possibly because he was unsighted, I don't know, but at the time I was on my feet screaming elbow!

Nothing will be done because it's in competition and not in the street.

MM

I remember it well. I was sat in the 2nd row of the Ateyo with my football team and Garner and Carey were at each other from the off. Carey got a bit physical at one point and Garner chased him but had second thoughts. Minutes later the both went for a header and it seemed Garner led with an arm hence Carey going down badly with the injury.

The referee did nothing, possibly because he was unsighted, I don't know, but at the time I was on my feet screaming elbow!

Nothing will be done because it's in competition and not in the street.

MM

Why is that relevant? I know a lad who had his leg snapped in 8 places in a football game, and he prosecuted (Not sure of the result)

Duncan Ferguson went down for assault did he not?

I think that being in "competition" is a disgusting excuse for breaking a mans skull and giving him a life long disability. Louis should be seriously considering sueing the vile little ****. That is the very least he deserves!

im not particularly Careys greatest fan, but that is quite frightening, does it not get to the point where you have to decide whether you still want to make a living playing football with this kind of injury? Hopefully Garner gets his just deserts, but people like that always manage to slime their way out of it.

That does show great determination to come back from, well done Louis.

Why is that relevant? Not sure what you mean as relevant but if this happened on the street he would be prosecuted right??? It happened on a field of play and has he been prosecuted??? Well theres the relevance I'm afraid to say.

I think that being in "competition" is a disgusting excuse for breaking a mans skull and giving him a life long disability. Louis should be seriously considering sueing the vile little ****. That is the very least he deserves! This is his best course of action yes. Will he?...probably not as he's a decent bloke that will get on with life.

MM

Although it's not nice for Louis, it's still all part and parcel of the game and the players know the risks. Louis is no Saint. All competitive sports have a risk of long term injury. All Ice Hockey players would be sueing one another, if they took the stance of claiming for injury.

Where would it stop? Louis would be a little deaf in one ear. Many workersget this overtime from working in a noisey environment. My father has lost his hearing from constantly listening to morse code messages sent by the Russians during the cold war. He's never claimed. We have become a claims culture. It's got ridiculous.

Nearly every footballer who played during the 60's and 70's and 80's, who had injuries, were drugged up to the eye balls with Cortisone, by Clubs,so they could play through injury. Now many of them can hardly walk through Arthritis. Do they all claim too?

It's a tough call...but where does it stop?

Although it's not nice for Louis, it's still all part and parcel of the game and the players know the risks. Louis is no Saint. All competitive sports have a risk of long term injury. All Ice Hockey players would be sueing one another, if they took the stance of claiming for injury.

Where would it stop? Louis would be a little deaf in one ear. Many workersget this overtime from working in a noisey environment. My father has lost his hearing from constantly listening to morse code messages sent by the Russians during the cold war. He's never claimed. We have become a claims culture. It's got ridiculous.

Nearly every footballer who played during the 60's and 70's and 80's, who had injuries, were drugged up to the eye balls with Cortisone, by Clubs,so they could play through injury. Now many of them can hardly walk through Arthritis. Do they all claim too?

It's a tough call...but where does it stop?

Agree with this.

Although it was a naughty challenge Garner didn't set out to maliciously hurt Carey, like spudski said, Carey been know to trhow his weight around, it's just a risk of the trade and to be honest as unfortunate as the outcome is I feel the OP as got a little carried away.

Agree with this.

Although it was a naughty challenge Garner didn't set out to maliciously hurt Carey, like spudski said, Carey been know to trhow his weight around, it's just a risk of the trade and to be honest as unfortunate as the outcome is I feel the OP as got a little carried away.

With all respect, Garner clearly "did" Louis. It was merely seconds after a tussle between them and was as pre-meditated and malicious as you could imagine.

I accept there is risk of injury in a contact sport such as football... But that risk should be in a tackle, not a deliberate elbow that fractures a mans skull and partially deafens him.

Personally I would prefer to see the man prosecuted for assault, which I would be if I deliberately elbowed you in the face... Sueing would not be a preferred road to go down as I agree too much goes on! But in what way does little Joe Garner pay for this?

Carey may not be Gary Linekar, but I don't remember any instances of such obvious malice... And I'm not even massively "pro Louis" fan.

Have to agree with the OP. It was a deliberate - and bloody hard - elbow to the face. Aim was to hurt Louis. Arms swing when players are jumping for a ball, but the force required to do this sort of injury can only be deliberate.

I hope Garner breaks his f-ing leg.

Archived