IGNORED

Happy St George's Day

dafarms

Just like to point out that the patron Saint of England was born in Syria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George

I mean what are the chances of some middle eastern bloke being called George

all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Always one. Have a great day everyone sunny day big st george party to go to, can't wait, and three points wouldn't go amiss lads.

What is the matter with some people, St George was this , St George was that, it's not actually St George's day,for christ sake, Today is St Georges day and he is our patriont saint, Today is our day to celebrate, if you you don't want to, fine, but I don't want to know he was this or that. Today is one of my faviorite days of the year, and I have celebrated every year, and always will, Because I am ENGLISH AND PROUD. British by birth, ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

HAVE A GREAT ST GEORGES DAY TO EVERYONE.

What is the matter with some people, St George was this , St George was that, it's not actually St George's day,for christ sake, Today is St Georges day and he is our patriont saint, Today is our day to celebrate, if you you don't want to, fine, but I don't want to know he was this or that. Today is one of my faviorite days of the year, and I have celebrated every year, and always will, Because I am ENGLISH AND PROUD. British by birth, ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD.

Nicely put fella!!!:englandsmile4wf: :englandsmile4wf: :englandsmile4wf: :englandsmile4wf: :englandsmile4wf:

Perhaps but from my own personal experience, the day can be a stimulus for too much 'natural pride'.

I take your point.

I suppose it depends upon your definition of "natural pride"'.

Can one equate English patriotism with support for CITY, perhaps ? A fan can show pride and affection for the team without necessarily abusing, putting-down, denigrating and verbally putting the boot into rival sides such as Cardiff or even the gas .

Or can he ?

Congratulations. You are clearly the greatest living Englishman.

Now move along please.

No it aint. It is May 2nd this year. It was moved due to the close proximity to Easter. There was a phone-in on 5 Live about it this morning

The date of Easter Day varies, St George's Day is always April 23rd.

Happy St. George's Day everyone.englandsmile4wf.gif

Not to the same extent, but of course that could pertain to the fact that I do not reside in any of their respective countries.

The Irish community in this country seem to put a lot of time, effort and money into celebrating Patrick's Day here. There are never accusations of "Nationalism" when this happens, but simply the idea of them "having a good time".

The same should apply for England's Day, without the need to justify it.

Spot on!

Happy St George's day people. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Barbie's on, beers are cold, radio ready for the football. doesn't get much better!

Come on Charlton BTW.

Archived