IGNORED

Nicky Maynard!

Dolman Block B

Exactly Matt and that aint going to happen. Not only has Millen said there is probably no appeal, Sheff Utd fans say it was a defo red.

Adios Nicky then.

But what,s he worth?

Without him signing an extension, maybe £5m. With an extension, maybe £6-7m to the right club who are prepared to pay

Exactly Matt and that aint going to happen. Not only has Millen said there is probably no appeal, Sheff Utd fans say it was a defo red.

Adios Nicky then.

But what,s he worth?

Definite red Arn. Not a murmur of discontent about the decision in the whole away end.

He slid for a long time, he had his studs raised and it was two footed and I am not sure he got much (if any) of the ball.

I expected to see nothing less than a red.

I also expected to see nothing less than a red for their penalty challenge.

Ref got both right in my book.

Definite red Arn. Not a murmur of discontent about the decision in the whole away end.

He slid for a long time, he had his studs raised and it was two footed and I am not sure he got much (if any) of the ball.

I expected to see nothing less than a red.

I also expected to see nothing less than a red for their penalty challenge.

Ref got both right in my book.

Both were reds and quite rightly we're not appealing. This Maynard situation is genuinely tough to call as we have no idea how negotiations are going. I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2345573,00.html

His words on the OS don't suggest he intends to leave:

"I had a good season last season, and then this season hasn't gone as planned. Hopefully I'll have another good year from August.

"I'm going to work hard now in pre-season to get myself fit. With an injury-free season I see no reason why I can't score 20-plus goals again; I've done it before, I've got it in my locker."

If we get £6 to 7 mil for him, I will drive him there myself.

Why? He has a car if his own, and even if he didn't I'm sure they'd lay something on. What makes you think they'd ask you anyway, and even if they did, don't you think that would be a bit odd? You don't know him and have no connections with the club. Sorry, but none of this makes sense...

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2345573,00.html

It would of sounded better like this though.......

"I had a good season WTH CITY last season, and then this season hasn't gone as planned. Hopefully I'll have another good year from August WITH CITY.

"I'm going to work hard now in pre-season to get myself fit. With an injury-free season I see no reason why I can't score 20-plus goals again; I've done it before, I've got it in my locker."

"I had a good season WTH CITY last season, and then this season hasn't gone as planned. Hopefully I'll have another good year from August WITH CITY.

Sure, but as the interview was on the official Bristol City site it seems reasonable to assume he was referring to Bristol City! Not to say his head won't yet be turned or that the club won't snap up a big offer of course but positive as far as it goes.:fingerscrossed:

Sure, but as the interview was on the official Bristol City site it seems reasonable to assume he was referring to Bristol City! Not to say his head won't yet be turned or that the club won't snap up a big offer of course but positive as far as it goes.:fingerscrossed:

Listened to Steve Bruce and Alan Pardew after their games yesterday and both said they are on the hunt for strikers in the summer. NM name must be mentioned in that?

Why? He has a car if his own, and even if he didn't I'm sure they'd lay something on. What makes you think they'd ask you anyway, and even if they did, don't you think that would be a bit odd? You don't know him and have no connections with the club. Sorry, but none of this makes sense...

Perhaps the driver in question has just started his own mini cab business or indeed just acquired a private hire licence,thus the resulting publicitycould be anticipated to generate further turnover.

I personally think this initiative should be applauded, however a note of caution, further clarification would probably be required as to the insurance cover provided.

Personally i think YES!

He will have a load of top clubs after his services next season and that being the case i think he,s off.

Your shout?

I reckon you're probably right there Arn, but if we ever have any aspirations of being a TOP CLUB ourself then

we need to keep hold of Maynard. (If HE WANTS TO GO then we can't stop him) He's going to be the difference between us looking upwards instead of sideways or even

down. All I keep hearing is we're a small club punching above our weight. Isn't it about time we had some positive

thinking for a change, and with keeping Maynard and a few more quality players in we could have a good crack at promotion.

Why don't we DESERVE IT? instead of 'Little Bristol City in the Premier League' don't be silly!

I reckon you're probably right there Arn, but if we ever have any aspirations of being a TOP CLUB ourself then

we need to keep hold of Maynard. (If HE WANTS TO GO then we can't stop him) He's going to be the difference between us looking upwards instead of sideways or even

down. All I keep hearing is we're a small club punching above our weight. Isn't it about time we had some positive

thinking for a change, and with keeping Maynard and a few more quality players in we could have a good crack at promotion.

Why don't we DESERVE IT? instead of 'Little Bristol City in the Premier League' don't be silly!

Problem is Bristol is a huge City and we ought to be aiming as high as possible. I heard yesterday that we have only sold just over 8000 season tickets which is piss poor if true. Many clubs in this league sell twice that and we are probably in the bottom six on season ticket sales.

Norwich have sold 26000 and how big is Norwich in comparison to Bristol?

Problem is Bristol is a huge City and we ought to be aiming as high as possible. I heard yesterday that we have only sold just over 8000 season tickets which is piss poor if true. Many clubs in this league sell twice that and we are probably in the bottom six on season ticket sales.

Norwich have sold 26000 and how big is Norwich in comparison to Bristol?

Only differnce though Arn is Bristol has no history of top flight football to speak of, Norwich have played at the top on a number of occasions and have played in European competition. The people of Bristol in general just don't have the passion for the game other parts of the UK have.

You go to hard working class towns up North and they have a focus and it generally is watching their home towns football team on their weekend off, Bristol is a fairly wealthy, middle class city, their is little passion there, apathy rules!!

Archived