IGNORED

Carey

old_eastender

No doubting Carey has been a first class servant for the club, but he simply is not worth a new contract, as the penalty showed today he is a liability at this level now.

Millen should have played James Wilson and looked to the future.

Carey, Skuse, McAllistar all need to be shipped out.

You're right about Carey, his mistakes played a part in all 3 Forest goals.

A truly horrendous performance which really should be one of his last.

Keith has already publicly offered him a contract so does not share your (and my) view and as far as I can tell nor do the majority of fans. As club captain he is presumably guranteed a place in the squad if not the team. If we are to reduce the squad as planned one or more of the younger defenders will have to go I assume.:disapointed2se:

Keith has already publicly offered him a contract so does not share your (and my) view and as far as I can tell nor do the majority of fans. As club captain he is presumably guranteed a place in the squad if not the team. If we are to reduce the squad as planned one or more of the younger defenders will have to go I assume.:disapointed2se:

I think I know what the issue is here.....

Millen thinks of Carey as a trusty (but very old) labrador. He has been a good friend and a family pet for many years...... through bad times...... and the really bad times.

So. He cannot bring himself to put his trusted old friend down. Carey puts his tired chin on Milly's leg, and looks up with those sad eyes. Eyes that are filled with love and fear ........

Ask yourself?

Could you do it??

:(

Poor Carey.

If Wilson had played today, and made the mistakes Carey did, I suggest many fans would be on here saying he was not up to Championship football.

Evidently some fans have a sentimental view of LC that means they do not begrudge him a new contract even if he doesn't merit one, and is very unlikely to be anywhere near first choice in either of his favoured positions.

If they were actually at today's game they will surely be having second thoughts - he was a liability.

No doubting Carey has been a first class servant for the club, but he simply is not worth a new contract, as the penalty showed today he is a liability at this level now.

Millen should have played James Wilson and looked to the future.

Carey, Skuse, McAllistar all need to be shipped out.

100% agree with everything said here

Was he fully fit? Is the question

Worth another season contract, and then review on a yearly basis

Donald again asks the telling question, getting to the core of the problem: the bowels.

The trouble is, Carey is never 'fully fit' these days.

I'm sorry, but if it were up to me I would sell him for medical experimentation while we can.

Obviously we can't offload him to the gas, so what about Swindon??

If Wilson had played today, and made the mistakes Carey did, I suggest many fans would be on here saying he was not up to Championship football.

Evidently some fans have a sentimental view of LC that means they do not begrudge him a new contract even if he doesn't merit one, and is very unlikely to be anywhere near first choice in either of his favoured positions.

If they were actually at today's game they will surely be having second thoughts - he was a liability.

You maybe correct, but Wilson is now 22 years old and if now is not the time to try him out with a run in the side, then when is?. I also suspect that although he may have come in for some criticism had he made the same mistakes, i'm sure he would have been given time and understanding to try to fulfill his undoubted potential.

3 youngsters on the bench (in the middle of a 6 match winless streak) and one gets 5 minutes (including time added).

I said before the game today that with Louis Carey at CB we would concede goals........and I was right.

If LC has any future at BCFC it has to be at RB, where he was doing a decent job until injured.

We desperately need a few CBs for next season (Stewart is inconsistent, Nyatanga is a LB at best), whether it be on loan or permanent

Oh and a new LB of course.

BCAGFC

I said before the game today that with Louis Carey at CB we would concede goals........and I was right.

If LC has any future at BCFC it has to be at RB, where he was doing a decent job until injured.

We desperately need a few CBs for next season (Stewart is inconsistent, Nyatanga is a LB at best), whether it be on loan or permanent

Oh and a new LB of course.

BCAGFC

Are'nt you forgetting a creative midfielder?.

I would argue that three of the back four or four of the back five need to be replaced. The amount of goals and mistakes these players make are costing us big time. Trouble is, we brought in a new keeper a new right back and a new centre back last summer and apart from David James, none of them can be deemed a success, which proves how hard it is to get decent players.

I think with Carey's experience and a little bit more match practice, we should be able to get a little bit more from him next season, but I don't think he'll be first choice.

We also badly need someone in the centre of midfield who can dictate play.

I would argue that three of the back four or four of the back five need to be replaced. The amount of goals and mistakes these players make are costing us big time. Trouble is, we brought in a new keeper a new right back and a new centre back last summer and apart from David James, none of them can be deemed a success, which proves how hard it is to get decent players.

I think with Carey's experience and a little bit more match practice, we should be able to get a little bit more from him next season, but I don't think he'll be first choice.

We also badly need someone in the centre of midfield who can dictate play.

What would Russell have done?

Sell Maynard, buy some midfielders who can pass the ball sideways, pack the defence, and draw all our games 0-0.

OR.

Bring back Gary Johnson - at least that way we know Carey will leave.

"Simples!"

You maybe correct, but Wilson is now 22 years old and if now is not the time to try him out with a run in the side, then when is?. I also suspect that although he may have come in for some criticism had he made the same mistakes, i'm sure he would have been given time and understanding to try to fulfill his undoubted potential.

3 youngsters on the bench (in the middle of a 6 match winless streak) and one gets 5 minutes (including time added).

I was intimating Carey often does not receive the criticism he deserves, and if he was a youngster people would not be envisaging a long career in the game if he performed like that.

I agree that Wilson would have received understanding from most fans because time would be on his side to improve and, despite what some on here would have you believe, most City fans are extremely patient and encouraging with young players in my experience.

I certainly would have played Wilson today, and indeed probably told him before the start that I planned to persevere with him for the rest of the season.

I was intimating Carey often does not receive the criticism he deserves, and if he was a youngster people would not be envisaging a long career in the game if he performed like that.

I agree that Wilson would have received understanding from most fans because time would be on his side to improve and, despite what some on here would have you believe, most City fans are extremely patient and encouraging with young players in my experience.

I certainly would have played Wilson today, and indeed probably told him before the start that I planned to persevere with him for the rest of the season.

OK. I'm now confused as to what to expect next season.

Do we go for promotion, get mired in a relegation scrap or settle for another season of mid-table 'consolidation'.

How about all three - it looks the most likely: on one condition:-

I insist on a shit start to the season - at least the first four/five games.

Sound like a plan?

:whistle2:

I insist on a shit start to the season - at least the first four/five games.

Sound like a plan?

...sounds like a description of more or less every City season...particularly ones in which we look quite promising pre-season...and have a sell out crowd for the first home match encouraged by talk of a push for promotion...

...the POTD folk never return...

Very poor. Was dissapointed to see him instantly returned to the team, however the injury problems we have at the moment restrict our options in that respect.

Overall he was very poor today, at fault for the second goal directly, at fault for the third with the hopeless back header and potentially at fault for the first for a weak clearance (although from my view it looked like a James howler).

...sounds like a description of more or less every City season...particularly ones in which we look quite promising pre-season...and have a sell out crowd for the first home match encouraged by talk of a push for promotion...

...the POTD folk never return...

Red Exile

What's to be done then?

Our best two defenders are on loan - Spence and Caulker.

Midfield? Not so bad: I will allow Elliot, Cisse and Adomah to stay. We still need a proper creative midfielder (that we probably can't afford to sign).

Upfront: we have potential - unless Maynard goes (which he will). We will then have to spend most of this money on a replacement, give the rest back to Crewe (sell-on clause), and have £1/2M to spend on that creative midfielder.

So, we are likely to start next season with another experimental team.

Somewhat depressing......

:badmood:

Red Exile

What's to be done then?

Our best two defenders are on loan - Spence and Caulker.

Midfield? Not so bad: I will allow Elliot, Cisse and Adomah to stay. We still need a proper creative midfielder (that we probably can't afford to sign).

Upfront: we have potential - unless Maynard goes (which he will). We will then have to spend most of this money on a replacement, give the rest back to Crewe (sell-on clause), and have £1/2M to spend on that creative midfielder.

So, we are likely to start next season with another experimental team.

Somewhat depressing......

:badmood:

I thought JCR had a blinder today, if he could produce that dispaly on regular basis then no probs

Archived