IGNORED

Yesterdays Game.

spudski

I don't think we played as bad as some have made out.

If it wasn't for two individual errors by Carey, to give away the free kick and penalty, then I think we held our own.

Although KM is dillusional again in his assessment of how much possession we had ( 54% to Florist ), I did think we put up a good show.

I was suprised by how poor Forest looked. As a side pushing for promotion, I will be shocked if they go up.

I thought Skuse had a good game. JCR was full of running, but if only he could deliver a quality cross more often, or get his shooting boots on target, then scoring opportunities would have been more frequent.

I thought Clarkeson had a quiet game, and didn't look comfortable playing where he was.

Marv played well i thought too.

DJ...baffled me with some of his kicking and distribution. He also seemed very quiet apart from rebuking himself.

I also thought Spence and Nyatanga had effective games too.

The Crowd was also up for it. Quiet a good atmosphere.

Apart from the result...I thought it was an entertaining game.

I'm sure many will see it differently though. :rolleyes::D

I agree with most of what you said apart from Skuse, he looked good...... occasionally

Stead is getting back to his best, all over the pitch and needing defenders to watch/pull him down all game.

Albert worked quite hard without too much impact but allowed Spence some space.

Looking forward to next season....... :fingerscrossed:

I don't think we played as bad as some have made out.

If it wasn't for two individual errors by Carey, to give away the free kick and penalty, then I think we held our own.

Although KM is dillusional again in his assessment of how much possession we had ( 54% to Florist ), I did think we put up a good show.

I was suprised by how poor Forest looked. As a side pushing for promotion, I will be shocked if they go up.

I thought Skuse had a good game. JCR was full of running, but if only he could deliver a quality cross more often, or get his shooting boots on target, then scoring opportunities would have been more frequent.

I thought Clarkeson had a quiet game, and didn't look comfortable playing where he was.

Marv played well i thought too.

DJ...baffled me with some of his kicking and distribution. He also seemed very quiet apart from rebuking himself.

I also thought Spence and Nyatanga had effective games too.

The Crowd was also up for it. Quiet a good atmosphere.

Apart from the result...I thought it was an entertaining game.

I'm sure many will see it differently though. :rolleyes::D

Not for the first time this season Millen has pointed out the game can be cruel, something even fans are aware of. However as we also all know and Millen needs to address if we carry on making basic defensive errors as we have been doing all season, that cruelty is self inflicted and the 'cruel game' excuse becomes lame.

it seems to me that yesterdays game falls into the category of 'good game, good game, now let's look at the old scoreboard'.

I think the two basic errors could have been avoided quiet early.

Straight from the off Carey was leaving his boot in from behind, instead of just shielding the player. He gave away 3 or 4 fouls like this, before the one that led to the first goal.

What did annoy me, was that KM noticed these fouls and turned with a concerned look, and pointed it out to Wigley.

Why the hell didn't he shout out to Louis to calm down when he noticed?

Again...why didn't louis stay on his feet and just shield the player away in the box, instead of lunging in? School boy errors, that spoilt an otherwise not bad team performance.

Without those two individual errors, we could quiet easily have won yesterday.

I'm still bemused as to why Wilson and Edwards weren't used. We all know how Carey can play, and he's only just come back from a nasty injury.

If we had lost to Florist with both Wilson and Edwards playing, then at least we would have gained some knowledge as to their ability in the heat of battle. Both were subs but not used.

I'm not sure i'm getting where KM is coming from at the moment. :dunno:

• Admin

Don't forget he needlessly headed the ball out for the corner that Forest scored their winner from.

Bad day a the office for Carey

JCR was full of running but his shooting and distribution is poor. Everytime he got the ball in the first half he cut back inside on to his right foot and balls'd it up. In the second half he remembered he was born with two feet and got down to the byline and got crosses in which caused problems, he needs to do that more.

Elliot had spells of looking decent but needs to control the game more. He needs to show for the balls at every opportunity. Too many times his movement is poor and he wanders away from the ball aimlessly, I thought he might of picked up some ideas whilst Hartley was here.

As for KM, he left it too long to make changes. Pitman should have come on for Clarkson whilst we were in the ascendency, not when Forest were back on top. Clarkson was quiet all game and didn't give us anything.

JCR was full of running but his shooting and distribution is poor. Everytime he got the ball in the first half he cut back inside on to his right foot and balls'd it up. In the second half he remembered he was born with two feet and got down to the byline and got crosses in which caused problems, he needs to do that more.

Elliot had spells of looking decent but needs to control the game more. He needs to show for the balls at every opportunity. Too many times his movement is poor and he wanders away from the ball aimlessly, I thought he might of picked up some ideas whilst Hartley was here.

As for KM, he left it too long to make changes. Pitman should have come on for Clarkson whilst we were in the ascendency, not when Forest were back on top. Clarkson was quiet all game and didn't give us anything.

Even if Marv was clever enough to pick up from Hartley he has 2 drawbacks in that 1. he can't control a ball and 2. he can't pass either :innocent06:. Which is why Keith's (or Steve W's) idea to have him closer to the front men and getting in the box is a good one imo.

Even if Marv was clever enough to pick up from Hartley he has 2 drawbacks in that 1. he can't control a ball and 2. he can't pass either :innocent06:. Which is why Keith's (or Steve W's) idea to have him closer to the front men and getting in the box is a good one imo.

Good point, getting forward a lot more and very dangerous in the air, think most of his goals this season have been headers.

Archived