IGNORED

Tamas Vasko

Just watching Vasko playing for his current club in Hungary, they're got a 12 point lead with six game left. If they win the title they'll be playing in the UCL qualifiers next season.

No one who witnessed it could forget his winner at Burnley...

IMHO, we've had some decent players over the last couple of years. Unfortunately they've just not worked out under our managers and positions they've been asked to play in.

Agreed to a certain extent, or it could be they struggle with the English game!

MM

Agreed to a certain extent, or it could be they struggle with the English game!

MM

There are so many foreigners playing successfully in this country now, that i think the 'English game' syndrome has become an old excuse now.

They may struggle to fit in however,if the managers and coaches play them out of position and don't use their strengths.

Maybe having the 'old English' tactics of hoof ball asked of them hasn't helped.

Tbh...I was quiet bemused on Monday, when on a couple of occassions McCalister and Nyatanga played hopeful long balls down the channels and over the top, only for them to go out of play. On each occasion KM applauded them. Whether it was to keep their heads up or applaud the idea, I don't know. But, frankly on each occasion there was an opportunity to play a pass to midfield and build up the play. I'd like to think we could go back to playing football, like we used to be renowned for, rather than just a hard working counter attacking team. A bit of both would be nice.

No one who witnessed it could forget his winner at Burnley...

Totally agree mate. I cry when I think of that one, filed away as one of our great away performances in the p***ing rain and mud at Turf Moor.

Never understood why Johnson didn't sign him properly. Very athletic and skillfull for a big bloke. What a waste.

Good luck Tomas

I quite liked Vasko. He also made an impact up front on occasions. I seem to remember a home game (against Burnley, I think) where he came on as a sub and foxed them with a mazy dribble in their box.

He had the occasional mare defensively, such as QPR away when we lost 3-0. Then when it came to the Cardiff away match he missed a header and Roger Johnson scored.

I don't think he got a look-in after that which seemed a bit unfair. I mean, how many of our defenders have been faultless in recent matches/years/decades?

Remember him having a great game against aidy boothroyds watford at home, had a great tussell with darius henderson, who was in great form that season, but vasko had him in his pocket.

Used to love it when he would come on up front, he used to cause chaos, you could feel the crowd lift when he ran around smashing the opposition for the last ten minutes, would definitely have him in the team ahead of a few of our other centre halves.

Thought he may have been worth signing tbh. Think now, who is better- him or Nyatanga? I mean the latter was someone who was clearly surplus to requirements at a club who are not exactly doing great things- Nigel Clough's Derby, about whom well I'm a bit surprised he's still in a job tbh but that's off topic. Anyway, where was I oh yeah Vasko or Nyatanga- who was better? Agree with spudski too, especially about the long ball thing. When we were Vs Ipswich we played far, far too many high and hopeful punts up the pitch I thought.

Archived