IGNORED

Carey Out

webboland

i didnt see much of amankwaah before his injury so i cant comment on that...

but from the wednesday match i thought:

obviously pretty quick when he gets going,

can frighten defenders when he has the ball,

can get to the byline(unlike most of our wingers),

HOWEVER:

i thought he looked either; knackered, well short of match fitness or just lazy.. d idnt always track back when he lost the ball and seemed to give up on some lost causes...

i'd like to see him in more games so i can formulate a proper opinion though... :clap:

Guest city_kitten124

agreed. amankwaah has pace which is what we need at the moment annd he needs first team experience hopefully hell start tomorrow as careys injured (again!) :P

What makes some of you say Kevin Amankwaah can't defend ? The evidence of 20 minutes when the team was pushing forward looking for a winning goal ?

He showed enough BEFORE his injury to convince me that he IS up to the job (and don't forget that was a pretty nasty injury to come back from).

I don't know why Danny doesn't rate him, maybe its just his lack of experience.

But he's got pace, he can go past defenders, plus he can tackle. I would have thought that would make him an ideal wing-back. And the southampton game is as good a time as any to test his fitness out.

I have been one of the people calling for Amankwaah to start, this is based on his form prior to the road accident and his signs of pace during his fleeting appearances since.

However, I'm not quite so convinced of his worth after witnessing on Saturday, right in front of me, his behaviour when 'injured', his attitude to Tinnion's offer of a hand up when he was prone was very poor indeed. This coupled with some poor runs forward has changed my mind. I would prefer Roberts there 2moro with Lita and Peacock up front.

He stopped City's momentum at the time and soon appeared to recover with little or no treatment - the magic sponge strikes again!

:Mixed9:

I have been one of the people calling for Amankwaah to start, this is based on his form prior to the road accident and his signs of pace during his fleeting appearances since. 

However, I'm not quite so convinced of his worth after witnessing on Saturday, right in front of me, his behaviour when 'injured', his attitude to Tinnion's offer of a hand up when he was prone was very poor indeed.  This coupled with some poor runs forward has changed my mind.  I would prefer Roberts there 2moro with Lita and Peacock up front.

He stopped City's momentum at the time and soon appeared to recover with little or no treatment - the magic sponge strikes again!

:Mixed9:

Far too many of these players stay down when their appears to be very little wrong with them, i bet they wouldn't go rolling around the floor holding their shins if set upon in a nightclub, Craig Bellamy certainly doesn't anyway, but you clip his ankles on a football field and watch the Wendy squeal, bless him. :GrayEars:

as it is the cup we may as well go for broke and attack

i still would like to see this team have a bash at the saints

.......philips........

amankwaah.....coles.......hill......woodman...

.....lita....wilkshire....tinnion....roberts....

............peacock........miller.............

butler

stowell

matthews

fortune

hulbert

:Costumed19: BRING BACK SCOTT MURRAY :clap::D

Archived