IGNORED

Derby Game

megansdad

Agree with Dolly, Wilson looked like he had played all season. Spence is a must for next season if possible. Albert looked a bit off the pace but he's had a long season (and a great one). Pitman also a bit slow but I think he took a heavy knock. Skuse played well and what a goal! Great support from our fans and some good banter with their's when they invaded the pitch.

Spence had the left winger in his pocket all afternoon and was too strong for him. Wilson did what he had to do very wel but Derby must have the crappest strikeforce in the championship so its hard to judge how good he will be.

Jackson didnt get much of a chance to show much.

City won easily without getting out of 3rd gear. It was like a training game at times. I expect Derby to struggle even more next season unless they bring in a lot of players of better quality than they have now.

Spence has got better and better. Hardly surprising given that he hadn't played proper senior club football.

Looks a real talent, but surely he'll accept a new deal at the hammers, whichever division they are in. I agree, if they come down he'll be a regular for them.

I thought Gerken was man of the match, absolutely brilliant. Also Wilson was very impressive.

MM

I have seen the Gerken double save(FANTASTIC!), but could you elaborate more on Wilson - positional?passing?heading?tackling?

was he comfortable with the ball at his feet?(because we need a CB who is)

Thank you.

Wilson looked good in the air and decent with the ball at his feet. His positioning and marking looked a little rusty but that's probably because he's hardly played. Hopefully he can stay fit!

Thanks Dave, I take it he tried to play the ball out of defence rather than hoof it?

Funny that isn't it... Bloody idiots.

He needed time to settle and is now an invaluable player in our squad.

It is however, still a shame, that we are giving precious NPC game time and experience to a West Ham player instead of trying to bring on our 2 young RB's, Ribs and Edwards.

He has certainly come a long way from the Norwich debacle. ANd for the record, I was one who was uncertain of him when he started, but has been impressive in the last 2 home games, and now apparently, Derby away.

Thanks Dave, I take it he tried to play the ball out of defence rather than hoof it?

He needed time to settle and is now an invaluable player in our squad.

It is however, still a shame, that we are giving precious NPC game time and experience to a West Ham player instead of trying to bring on our 2 young RB's, Ribs and Edwards.

He has certainly come a long way from the Norwich debacle. ANd for the record, I was one who was uncertain of him when he started, but has been impressive in the last 2 home games, and now apparently, Derby away.

And me but i also said i would have prefered one of our younger players to be given a chance

Stead was quality mate,his movement was superb and a very intelligent footballer.

I agree his movement was good but he pretty much lost it every time he got it. It didn't matter too much though a City won without really trying too hard, Derby fans must be really worried about next season!

I don't see why not, just another example of the fifa11 experts bleating before anything is known... It's like reading a "match thread"...

The 'I told you so' brigade are as monotonous and tiresome as the armchair prejudice lot.

The 'I told you so' brigade are as monotonous and tiresome as the armchair prejudice lot.

It's not an "I told you so" though, more a reminder that if you're quick to jump to conclusions about players and slag them off after 1 game you're prone to looking a ****...

It's not an "I told you so" though, more a reminder that if you're quick to jump to conclusions about players and slag them off after 1 game you're prone to looking a ****...

So you and the other poster aren't smugly retorting about saying you should give Spence more time a few weeks ago? I believe you, millions wouldn't.

So you and the other poster aren't smugly retorting about saying you should give Spence more time a few weeks ago? I believe you, millions wouldn't.

No not smugly. Just yet another example of people jumping to early conclusions without considering all the facts.

Similar to the Preston game when Clarkson played and all the idiots clambered out of the woodwork to bemoan the decision only for him to play a part in all four goals including a brace for himself.

I understand when it's people questioning decisions politely and with reasons, but most of the stuff posted about Spence was unfounded and unfair and those who posted look rather daft now.

not many people were saying we should sign spence following the norwich away game recently when he looked so out of place it was unreal.

personally i was more impressed from what we have seen from Ribs and would prefer to see him as our first choice right back next season but it will always come down to his lack of fitness and injury problems.

Archived