IGNORED

Canaries Promotion Party Official Thread

Great results (as we see it) for Norwich (we love 'em really, a club much like ours) and Cardiff today.

BUT Cardiff are in the play-offs. They may not blow it this time.

But I expect they will.

On the basis of performances at AG this season, my money goes on Swansea to win the play-offs.

They were on fire that night on Tues Feb 1st. They wiped us out.

Any other takers for Swansea ?

Great results (as we see it) for Norwich (we love 'em really, a club much like ours) and Cardiff today.

BUT Cardiff are in the play-offs. They may not blow it this time.

But I expect they will.

On the basis of performances at AG this season, my money goes on Swansea to win the play-offs.

They were on fire that night on Tues Feb 1st. They wiped us out.

Any other takers for Swansea ?

No.

Baaaaaaadiff are broken women now - Forest will take them out in round one.

Reading will smash the lot - easy 2-0 over Swansea - who are too defensive for the play-offs.

Reading will beat Forest in the ALL ENGLISH final, also by two goals (3-1?).

:bored:

How will this affect cardiff if the dont go up? Ther squad isnt cheep i dont know what thier fianual state is?

Cardiff will be fine as usual.

Portsmouth's squad isn't cheap and their financial state was near terminal but they still had half a dozen household names ( Kanu, Nugent, Hreidarsson, Mokoena. Mullins, De Laet) in the team tonight, plus Cotterill, Lawrence and Webber on the bench.

Alright, not all household names in everyone's household but well known, well paid players, many with lengthy Premier League experience.

How did that happen, I thought they were going to be playing their youth team this season?dunno.gif

Portsmouth are obviously looking forward to welcoming Southampton back to the Championship next season.

When ex- Saint Surman was taking a corner the whole end was pointing and screaming, "SCUM, SCUM, SCUM" and the fury on the face of the old bloke sat by the corner flag with his grandson had to be seen to be believed, really contorted with genuine fury and hate.

Their rivalry might even be a bit nastier than City and Rovers.

I would love for us to sign lawrence from pompey i think e would be just what we need

We should have signed him from Mansfield years ago, City were definitely linked to him.

He looked knackered after a couple of minutes tonight, as did Kanu and Hreidarsson for the whole match.

It struck me the sense of history repeating itself;

Penultimate game of the season being played on a pleasant evening and City know if they beat Pompey 1-0 they will go up in 2nd position.

Portsmouth are obviously looking forward to welcoming Southampton back to the Championship next season.

When ex- Saint Surman was taking a corner the whole end was pointing and screaming, "SCUM, SCUM, SCUM" and the fury on the face of the old bloke sat by the corner flag with his grandson had to be seen to be believed, really contorted with genuine fury and hate.

Their rivalry might even be a bit nastier than City and Rovers.

The rivalry is about more than football,when pompey dock workers were on strike the bosses bussed in dockers from southhampton to do their jobs,pompey workers not happy to say the least,hence the complete and utter hatred of southampton,hence the reason I quite like pompey.

I don't know what the local coverage for City is like any more in Bristol, but here boy in Narrfurrk boy the media has been abysmal. Didnt even make the first news story that night on BBC, and when it did feature it was only a minute long with random fans cheering, just terrible.

Over all football coverage TV wise is just shocking in this country and its a disgrace. its the single most thing that unites us, they know that and we pay through the teeth for it

Somthing has to be done, cap transfers, cap spends, and have 2nd teir European football, shit I'd drop the League Cup like a stone for a stint in Europe, SURELY there are enough teams who dont make it into Europe becuase of the stupid money at the top that deserve a go, across Europe there must be team willing to sign up to a new Euro league/Cup 3rd teir, but it would be exciting as hell!

Money has screwed up the game, we are being exploited, yet we sit back and take it up the ass everyday. sorry but it should be a privilege to play for a British football, club and should not be treated like a Moroccan whore house, the FA are a joke, what DO they do? Fans should take back control, somehow.

pfft, sry to rant, well done Norwich.

The rivalry is about more than football,when pompey dock workers were on strike the bosses bussed in dockers from southhampton to do their jobs,pompey workers not happy to say the least,hence the complete and utter hatred of southampton,hence the reason I quite like pompey.

Indeed, it goes back a very long way.

Interesting historical explanation for the SCUM chanting here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/hampshire/hi/people_and_places/history/newsid_8493000/8493003.stm

Archived