IGNORED

Judd Trump

yardy

Great great great preformence by judd over these last couple of weeks,he has made the whole country stand up and take notice.

Amazing talent that will win the world title in the not so distant future,with a bit more luck he could of even beat higgins in the final.He can hold his head up and be very proud of his achievments in this championship,he has the skills to change the way snooker is played.

Judd is obviously from bristol and i also hear he is a city fan? if thats the case then surely it would be a great idea to get him onto the pitch at half time for putting bristol back on the map!

In fairness ,he's probably been advised by agents not to choose one team over the other so as not to divide his fans.

Wouldn't think so, Bristol snooker fans are a tiny proportion of those who follow the game worldwide.

Anyway why would his agent bother about alienating a few miserable gasheads? He's risking alienating far more Man. City and Liverpool fans by saying he supports Man. Utd.

He's a 'Bristol kiddie' so should support City or Rovers (he obviously leans towards City) - a Bristolian announcing he "supports" Man. Utd. is embarrassing, and clearly wrong, and it would have been better to say "no team really, I've always had to put snooker first."

Mind you there are a lot of wrong 'uns in Bristol by this logic, though thankfully many grow out of it and end up as City supporters, putting their immature glory hunting firmly in the past.

Good luck to him anyway - City should throw him an olive branch and invite him down the Gate again, this time to take a bow, and perhaps in time there will be a bit more foundation behind their earlier description of him as an "avid" City fan.

Anyone who supports a team from a town they have no connection with is a ********. Likewise anyone who claims to have a second team, ie, I'm a Bristol City fan, but my other team is Liverpool (European city of self indulgence) ******* hate that place. HATE IT!

Anyway, I digress, if Trump doesn't support is that's up to him. Still a damn fine, if a little raw, snooker player

In fairness ,he's probably been advised by agents not to choose one team over the other so as not to divide his fans.

Does it matter when it comes to different sports? If he supported the Gas I'd at least admire he's supporting one of the local teams and he's a Bristolian sports man doing well. How many of them do we have exactly.. errrr.. Ricky Hatton despite being a die hard Man City fan had the support of the whole of Manchester when he fought.

Anyone who supports a team outside of town/city they come from, by definition (IMO), isn't a football fan. They're a glory hunter and would probably support a turd floating down a stream if it was in front of the other turds.

Only exceptions is if you move away from your town of birth at a very young age.

Anyone who supports a team outside of town/city they come from, by definition (IMO), isn't a football fan. They're a glory hunter and would probably support a turd floating down a stream if it was in front of the other turds.

Only exceptions is if you move away from your town of birth at a very young age.

I think this is an old fashioned view these days. With the ubiquitous Sky TV coverage kids these days get to see more of Man U, Liverpool etc than they do of their local sides albeit on TV. You can argue that this shouldn't be the case but cost and apathy of parents will mean that this happens. For someone like Judd who has spent his short life travelling the world with his job, he will have had more chances to watch Manchester United play than he ever would to see City, it's not that surprising then that his loyalties have been won over.

Anyone who supports a team from a town they have no connection with is a ********. Likewise anyone who claims to have a second team, ie, I'm a Bristol City fan, but my other team is Liverpool (European city of self indulgence) ******* hate that place. HATE IT!

Anyway, I digress, if Trump doesn't support is that's up to him. Still a damn fine, if a little raw, snooker player

As opposed to having a man-crush on Leeds?

I think this is an old fashioned view these days. With the ubiquitous Sky TV coverage kids these days get to see more of Man U, Liverpool etc than they do of their local sides albeit on TV. You can argue that this shouldn't be the case but cost and apathy of parents will mean that this happens. For someone like Judd who has spent his short life travelling the world with his job, he will have had more chances to watch Manchester United play than he ever would to see City, it's not that surprising then that his loyalties have been won over.

That's a fair point hornbeam, the big teams being on Sky so much, and the cost of live football, must play a big part in stopping potential young City supporters from actually coming to games.So much easier to sit at home and watch Dad's Sky TV for nothing and then inevitably pick a favourite.

Everyone supported City or Rovers when I was at school and the cost of going to games must have seemed affordable because entry price never came into it.

I've had a 17 year old nephew staying in Bristol from abroad for the last 6 weeks (he follows Arsenal from afar on TV at home) and was determined to get him down the Gate. He's been to the last 3 home games ( and thoroughly enjoyed themspeechless-smiley-040.gif) but if he hadn't been 'subbed', then at £18 a match he'd never have set foot inside AG. As it is he also got an on offer £10 City shirt and has been happily wearing it round Bristol.

Point is, City need to make it cheaper for young fans so that AG is bursting at the seams with youngsters, many of whom will get addicted and be season ticket holders in the future. At the moment I know of a number of interested teenagers who simply can't afford to go regularly so will continue to find their heroes on TV and never become fully fledged City fans.

As for Judd Trump, it seems to me he is just an armchair fan whose 'loyalty' to Man. Utd could quickly dissipate if City invited him to AG to take a bow because from what I've read City are certainly his favoured Bristol team.

He looks like he's got a tremendous career ahead of him so the benefit to City, of course, would be lots of mentions and good publicity on TV plus the possibility that, like many others before him, actually experiencing being part of the crowd at AG could be the clincher for his future support.

Plus we wouldn't have to suffer the continued embarrassment of one of Bristol's best known young men telling the world he supports Manchester United.doh.gif

Dont know judd personally but i know a few people that do, he is orginally from the whitchurch area so the chances are somebody in his family supports City.. Even if HE personally dosnt i am sure he would pay a visit, woldnt do the lad any harm getting a bit more publicity!

It also seems if you 'support' Man United from the comfort of your armchair or you local pub live on Sky, you live miles away and never seen them play or perhaps once then automatically you know a lot about football. Watching a football game live from the television is a very different experience.

In the past I've had people ask me who I support which with pride and joy I have said City they have smirked or laughed a little. When asking the same question the answer I have been given is mostly Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool. Was actually told once that I must not know anything about football because I support a lower league club.

I have friends who support Liverpool, who rant and rave on about the club, but have not even been to Liverpool or anywhere near city. It really does make my blood boil, you hear the chants "were going to wembley or were going to the CL final". Always think to myself "We?" You've never seen that team play, nor are you going to attend that final or specific match.

Those who support these PL clubs from the comfort of their armchair living hundreds of miles away are clueless what football is, and the true spirit of the sport. Tonight Man Utd are on TV, how many of those Utd fans are actually for Manchester or from the area of Manchester? Not many I would imagine.

As an aside, when I first read about "Judd Trump", I thought he might be a new Viz character. The possibilities for double-entendre mirth are boundless with a name like that.

If you don't know what I mean, check out the urban dictionary site and consult "judd" and "trump".

Priceless.

Archived