IGNORED

Wolves Looking At Marv

ben91tucker

disagree with you on that - cisse is a holding midfielder with a limited range, protecting the defence and playing simple passes. elliott is a box to box midfielder who is a ballwinner, while skuse plays with more technical ability, better touch, and looks to pass more, without getting around the pitch as much as elliott. you would be hard pushed to find midfielders who are less similar, in my opinion.

Mostly agree but I think the last comment is perhaps a little exaggerated because I see a fair bit of overlap in the way that Skuse and Cisse can both protect the back four and play the simple passes but not much beyond that. Elliott has done that as well but it limits him a lot.

I think there are two other types of central midfielders if you like... the long range passer and the one who can carry the ball in a tight spot and beat someone.

We haven't replaced Hartley for the first type or Noble (Williams?) for the second. I'd be fairly happy to lose one of Skuse, Elliott or Cisse plus Johnson to be able to sign a player that can do each of those things well at this level.

I believe that, although he has scored 8 goals, this has not been a very good season from Marv and since his knee injury we have not really seen the real ball winning midfielder that we loved in the Wembley season.

£2 million is a lot of money at this level and the sale can be used to free up some wages aswell to get that playmaker with Cisse behind.

Archived