IGNORED

Spence Called Back

oldfield

Must is a bit strong - "If available and affordable, we may consider signing him, either permanently or on loan" might be more realistic. If Ribiero stays fit, he will be more than adequate in that position, and we're not exactly short of centre-backs.

Toughest job that this new CE will face is making fans realise that we have a limited budget, need to operate within it, and we can't just keep adding players to the squad.

If Ribiero stays fit? your kidding right? the guy cant stay fit for 2 minutes let alone a whole season! as it stands the only right backs at the club are Hunt (shocking) and Edwards (hardly any experience) so it is a must that we sign a right back in my opinion and why cant that player be spence? who we might even get on a free transfer anyway as hes out of contract in the summer and hasnt been offered a new deal yet! even if he does get a new deal, a season long loan deal would be a decent option, its hardly going to break the bank.

Hes hardly a 'creative' midfielder though is he, more of a engine player, a box to box type, alot like Elliott!

He has a lot more ability on the ball than Elliot for sure though, he certainly has a bit of "South-American flair" about him.

Personally think he's a little past it now, but a versatile and talented player none the less.

Hes hardly a 'creative' midfielder though is he, more of a engine player, a box to box type, alot like Elliott!

Arca is not box-to-box by any stretch of the imagination! Another example is Tinman, who started out as a left back.

If Ribiero stays fit? your kidding right? the guy cant stay fit for 2 minutes let alone a whole season! as it stands the only right backs at the club are Hunt (shocking) and Edwards (hardly any experience) so it is a must that we sign a right back in my opinion and why cant that player be spence? who we might even get on a free transfer anyway as hes out of contract in the summer and hasnt been offered a new deal yet! even if he does get a new deal, a season long loan deal would be a decent option, its hardly going to break the bank.

Absolutely, what manager would plan on their first choice back four including Ribeiro?

Spence was with us two months and he made nearly as many appearances as Ribeiro has managed in his City career.

I'm not convinced Millen rates Edwards but I'm even more convinced he won't want to rely on Ribeiro as a first choice.

He has a lot more ability on the ball than Elliot for sure though, he certainly has a bit of "South-American flair" about him.

Personally think he's a little past it now, but a versatile and talented player none the less.

Yes i supose most south americans have that natural flair about there game, i take your point! i havent seen him play for a while mind you, i think the last time i watched him in a 90 minute game was when Boro were in the prem! i guess hes an all rounder, can do abit of everything (midfield).

Might be a big 'IF', but we should not be so quick to write him off. Don't disagree if it's not going to cost a lot, but I'm not sure that I would stretch the finances too far, as I think that we have other positions that are higher priority, we have Ribs, Carey and Edwards (Not even I count Hunt!), and reasonable RB's are not that hard to come by if we get a bit stuck. Another option might be as part exchange if West Ham come in for Maynard (Or Elliott, or Adomah, or Johnson :whistle2: )

More making a point that KM may be limited for options this summer, as budgets will be tightened, and there is quite a chunk of the wage budget going on players that we don't really need/ want, so he may have to be quite prudent with the rest, and we really have to start expecting our younger players to be given a chance, and in return, they have to make a decent contribution to the first team.

Might be a big 'IF', but we should not be so quick to write him off. Don't disagree if it's not going to cost a lot, but I'm not sure that I would stretch the finances too far, as I think that we have other positions that are higher priority, we have Ribs, Carey and Edwards (Not even I count Hunt!), and reasonable RB's are not that hard to come by if we get a bit stuck. Another option might be as part exchange if West Ham come in for Maynard (Or Elliott, or Adomah, or Johnson :whistle2: )

More making a point that KM may be limited for options this summer, as budgets will be tightened, and there is quite a chunk of the wage budget going on players that we don't really need/ want, so he may have to be quite prudent with the rest, and we really have to start expecting our younger players to be given a chance, and in return, they have to make a decent contribution to the first team.

Decent enough assessment regarding the youngsters (if you can call them that these days) but interms of a natural right back i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that 1. Carey is getting old and was at fault for all 3 goals we let in against Forest, we cant expect him to play week in week out, Edwards again is un proven at this level, whos to ssy he'll ever make it, whos to say he wont? i guess this takes us back to the point you made about giving the younger players more game time rather than relying on Steve Lansdowns cash, Ribs included but i honestly cant see him staying fit, hes so britle its un true! like you say there are plenty of decent right backs out there, its just getting 1 at the right price which im sure Millen will look into!

Do you mean this season? Bradley was with us last season.

This season has seen us change manager twice, lose almost every player to injury at some stage, not having Maynard for 7 months of the season. I would think these reasons are alot more credible than blaming a below average season on losing a right back.

BTW it's all about opinions, the whole point of a forum is to provide an outlet for such discussions.

Here we go again mate. Someone's exaggerating and blaming another fan for something they didn't say.

Bradley Orr and Paul Hartley left before the start of this season.

I didn't say we had had a poor season because Orr had left.

If this forum is all about opinions how can you say my opinion is wrong?

Dooby dooby doo.

Archived