IGNORED

Retained List

GrahamC

Out on Monday apparently and with most of the contract offer announcements in the public domain already, not too many shocks, I'd expect.

Marlon Jackson confirmed in his interview that he's been offered a new deal and presumably Joe Edwards wouldn't be in contention tomorrow unless he is staying too, so to me that only leaves Akinde and Sproule as certainly going through the out door, with last years' two first year pros Danny Ball and Joe Lennox plus the 2 Irish lads that Coppell brought in, Keohane and Hoban, with their futures still uncertain.

Even with the loan players going back (probably all not to return) and the departures of Danny Haynes and Gavin Williams in January, that leaves us with a pretty big number all under contract so I'd guess that apart from Hunt, the futures of the likes of Clarkson, Stewart, Johnson and possibly one or two others will depend on whether we can get an offer that makes financial sense to move them on in order to free up some wage bill space this summer.

Out on Monday apparently and with most of the contract offer announcements in the public domain already, not too many shocks, I'd expect.

Marlon Jackson confirmed in his interview that he's been offered a new deal and presumably Joe Edwards wouldn't be in contention tomorrow unless he is staying too, so to me that only leaves Akinde and Sproule as certainly going through the out door, with last years' two first year pros Danny Ball and Joe Lennox plus the 2 Irish lads that Coppell brought in, Keohane and Hoban, with their futures still uncertain.

Even with the loan players going back (probably all not to return) and the departures of Danny Haynes and Gavin Williams in January, that leaves us with a pretty big number all under contract so I'd guess that apart from Hunt, the futures of the likes of Clarkson, Stewart, Johnson and possibly one or two others will depend on whether we can get an offer that makes financial sense to move them on in order to free up some wage bill space this summer.

Realistically, we need to consider selling at least one asset. That will be Maynard, Elliott or Adomah. Because we're not desperate to sell, we can hold out for the price we need. If that's not forthcoming then so be it.

I think its a given that Maynard will be gone. He's had no excuse like "concentrating on my football" for a few weeks, if he wanted to sign a contract he could have done. So I see with Maynard, Akinde, Two Irish lads, Williams, Haynes, Hunt all gone this season It may be a case of season loans coming in, rather than permanents.

One thing for sure, with all the talk of "living within our means" recently we would look pretty foolish if we started spending more money we haven't got.

I'd guess;

Released;

Ivan Sproule

John Akinde

Pat Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Offered new deals;

Stephen Henderson (2 year)

Louis Carey (1 year)

Danny Ball, Joe Edwards, Joe Lennox, Marlon Jackson (All 1 year)

Contracted players for next season;

Goalkeepers;

David James, Dean Gerken, Stephen Henderson (3)

Defenders;

Nicky Hunt, Christian Ribeiro, James Wilson, Louis Carey, Damion Stewart, Liam Fontaine, Lewin Nyatanga, Jamie McAllister (8)

Midfielders;

Albert Adomah, Cole Skuse, Kalifa Cisse, Marvin Elliott, Lee Johnson, Martyn Woolford, Jamal Campbell-Ryce (7)

Strikers;

Jon Stead, Nicky Maynard, Brett Pitman, David Clarkson (4)

Total = 22

Development squad;

Lewis Carey

Henry Muggeridge

Danny Ball

Joe Edwards

Joe Lennox

Aaron Holloway

Bobby Reid

Joe Bryan

Marlon Jackson

Total = 9

apart from Hunt, the futures of the likes of Clarkson, Stewart, Johnson and possibly one or two others will depend on whether we can get an offer that makes financial sense to move them on in order to free up some wage bill space this summer.

I think that 'Take them off our hands' will suffice! Can you see anyone paying money for any of those players, or coming anywhere near the wages we pay?

I think that 'Take them off our hands' will suffice! Can you see anyone paying money for any of those players, or coming anywhere near the wages we pay?

Last summer some might have said the same about the underrated McCombe and we got £80k for him, so I don't think it is impossible that we might get say £100k for Stewart, but to a great extent that is irrelevant.

Surely the issue is whether any of them can get deals that last longer than the year they have now left with us and we can then save some of the wages they are due.

I'm sure Millen will want to start developing his own players with his own style of play over the summer and he'll know what existing players fit into his plans. Apart from the obvious departures, Ivan and Akinde, who'll go and who'll stay is anyone's guess. We can speculate all day long but ultimately its Millen and other senior staff at AG who will actually know.

Us fans will just have to wait and see.

I'm sure Millen will want to start developing his own players with his own style of play over the summer and he'll know what existing players fit into his plans. Apart from the obvious departures, Ivan and Akinde, who'll go and who'll stay is anyone's guess. We can speculate all day long but ultimately its Millen and other senior staff at AG who will actually know.

Us fans will just have to wait and see.

really?

I thought we all got to vote. Thanks for clarifying.

I'd guess;

Released;

Ivan Sproule

John Akinde

Pat Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Offered new deals;

Stephen Henderson (2 year)

Louis Carey (1 year)

Danny Ball, Joe Edwards, Joe Lennox, Marlon Jackson (All 1 year)

Contracted players for next season;

Goalkeepers;

David James, Dean Gerken, Stephen Henderson (3)

Defenders;

Nicky Hunt, Christian Ribeiro, James Wilson, Louis Carey, Damion Stewart, Liam Fontaine, Lewin Nyatanga, Jamie McAllister (8)

Midfielders;

Albert Adomah, Cole Skuse, Kalifa Cisse, Marvin Elliott, Lee Johnson, Martyn Woolford, Jamal Campbell-Ryce (7)

Strikers;

Jon Stead, Nicky Maynard, Brett Pitman, David Clarkson (4)

Total = 22

Development squad;

Lewis Carey

Henry Muggeridge

Danny Ball

Joe Edwards

Joe Lennox

Aaron Holloway

Bobby Reid

Joe Bryan

Marlon Jackson

Total = 9

We will need to get a lot of that dead wood off the wage bill ASAP to free up wages for new players in the close season.

Looking at some of those names makes me cringe, starting the season with the likes of Johnson and Hunt in the first squad just can't be an option if we actually want to achieve anything next season.

We will need to get a lot of that dead wood off the wage bill ASAP to free up wages for new players in the close season.

Looking at some of those names makes me cringe, starting the season with the likes of Johnson and Hunt in the first squad just can't be an option if we actually want to achieve anything next season.

:fingerscrossed:

James

Gerken

Hendo

Edwards

Spence/A.N Other

Caulker/A.N Other

Nyatanga

Carey

Fontaine

Wilson

McAllister

A.N Other

Adomah

JCR

Skuse

Elliott

A.N Other

Cisse

Woolford

Reid

Maynard

Pitman

Stead

Clarkson/A.N Other

Jackson

+ youth.

Would do for me!

James

Gerken

Hendo

Edwards

Spence/A.N Other

Caulker/A.N Other

Nyatanga

Carey

Fontaine

Wilson

McAllister

A.N Other

Adomah

JCR

Skuse

Elliott

A.N Other

Cisse

Woolford

Reid

Maynard

Pitman

Stead

Clarkson/A.N Other

Jackson

+ youth.

Would do for me!

Few things:

No Damion Stewart? He's improved a lot in my books and deserves to stay for me. Nyatanga is one I'm still undecided on, for me I would be looking to replace him with James Wilson - should we reaquire the services of Mr Caulker that is to say.

If there's truth in the Elliot to Wolves rumour, at 2mil I'd say deal done there and ship him on.

Jackson - not proven himself yet because he hasn't played that much in the first team! Think we may need to aquire one more striker with experience possibly on a 6month loan because I'm not sure what Jackson's ability is and unfortunately I'm all to familiar with Clarkson's lack of consistent ability.

Lastly, there has to be definitive competition for left back next season in my view. McAllister's not done bad lately, but no one in the team should be guaranteed a place. To that effect, I'd also like to see Henderson/Gerken deputise for James in the cup games next season, regardless of whether we do poorly or well.

Archived