IGNORED

Temple Meads,worrried Supervisor

Will Rollason

just been down.

you cannot reserve a seat.it will be a queue system even if you have bought a ticket.

Spoke to senior supervisor who was concerned about a replay of the Ldv fiasco with trains.Not confident that there will be enough. :ph34r:

His advice to me was to drive to Newport and use the shuttle service to Cardiff central,much easier getting away as well.

Thats what I'm going for.

What you lot doin? :angry: who's goin how??? :angry:

Dont we have a rail worker on Forum???? where is he? :angry:

Guest stevey2005

ahh great so even with purchased ticket we stil have to queque kinda waste pre-booking train ticket off net then... i hope they run more trains on sunday

That was the problem last time we went for the LDV. there is a queing system and last time they would try but couldn't guarantee you would get to Cardiff. So this time I am going by car like last time and parking where I did last time. Free parking on Sundays and very close to the ground. There were also ones or warning signs about not parking on matchdays.

ahh great so even with purchased ticket we stil have to queque kinda waste pre-booking train ticket off net then... i hope they run more trains on sunday
Yeah seems a bit of a waste dont it :ph34r:

I couldnt book a ticket over phone for this reason as they couldnt "reserve" me a ticket.

I suppose you dont have to queue to buy it on Sun.

Just hope they put on enough trains :angry:

The supervisor worried me into not going from Brizzle.I'm sure it'll be fine.Have a great day :angry:

Why not go to www.virgintrainsfares.co.uk or www.thetrainline.com and book your ticket...you get a seat reservation when you book :angry:
Yeah, until you get some inconsiderate tit in your seat who won't move, and argues that it's his seat (or just take down and rip up the reservation ticket that they put on the head of the chair)

Plus, coming back is even more of a nightmare, since you the trains are about 20 times more packed :ph34r:

If I can't get a coach ticket this year I'm driving!

The LDV trains were a complete shambles, there was a rumour that the police stopped them leaving Temple Meads too early hence the queues. We got to Temple Meads at 10 o'clock for the LDV and were in a queue back to where the old flyover was.

We got on a train at 1145, no one checked our tickets, people in the queue about 50 yards back from us were told to find another way to Cardiff as there was no train for them even though they had a ticketfor one.

My advice would be to drive ( I know sounds crazy!) or go by CATS, my brother got from Bristol to Cardiff in an hour for the FA cup game on Saturday, leaving at 1100.

Why not go to www.virgintrainsfares.co.uk or www.thetrainline.com and book your ticket...you get a seat reservation when you book :ph34r:
You may get a seat reservation, but after the last fiasco you try getting in that seat, come to think of it try getting on the allocated train. I went last time and it was a complete disaster, avoid temple meads at all costs!!

Only in Good old Blighty could this happen,imagine the scene in the fat controllers office......

"Hmmmmm LDV final was a bit of a crock up last time... hmmmm...better make sure theres lots of extra trains to cope with the demand for this play off final as we ARE here to provide a good service for our users..........................

NAH....psyche!!!!....put a couple of extra short old stock on,let em reserve tickets even though they wont be,make em queue all morning and afternoon and never,never tell anyone whats really going on,then watch it all unravel and deny responsibility.........kerccchannng....more shares any one???? horray for privatised utilities" :@

Guest Spike

If you can drive to Newport then you could just as easily jump on a bus to cardiff... only takes about 30 mins maybe 50 if traffic gets heavy because of the match

I doubt the busses will be full at all

you would even pass my house and may end up getting on the same bus as me :ph34r:

Dont we have a rail worker on Forum???? where is he?

I'm one of a few and just got home!!!

Right, basic info I could find is;

* You will queue at Temple Meads even if yu have a pre-booked ticket (everyone for Cardiff will be queuing)

* Engineering works are taking place until 09:30 in the Severn Tunnel, so trains booked before that will be a train then a bus from Parkway/Temple Meads...

* Unsure whats happening at Parkway though...

Little consolation to those travelling on Sunday. but useful advice to the railway company of today. In 1909 when City reached the FA Cup final, in addition to the scheduled services from Temple Meads to Paddington, the Great Western Railway laid on an additional 18 trains in the morning (and obviously an extra 18 trains back in the evening).

Just had a possible brainwave. The train to Cardiff does not always start from Bristol. Leave earlier in the day and travel to Weston or Bath (whichever is applicable) and travel from there to Cardiff. You can then sit back when the train arrives at TM and smile in a friendly fashion at those struggling to get on.

I'm Catching the train from Taunton, and as of yet there is no direct train to cardiff, But if enough are bought there will be, I know of around 50 or so who are going on the train, so hopefully there are lots more and we can just go through temple meads waving! But if not, i will already be inside temple meads, so i won't have to queue for a train! I'm in a win, win sitiation!

Not sure why you got told that mate! Just got back this second from temple meads and bought 14 tickets..!

Hey we all love Great Western!!!

They say one thing as earlier in the tread ...

just been down.

you cannot reserve a seat.it will be a queue system even if you have bought a ticket.

Spoke to senior supervisor who was concerned about a replay of the Ldv fiasco with trains.Not confident that there will be enough.  :ph34r:

His advice to me was to drive to Newport and use the shuttle service to Cardiff central,much easier getting away as well.

Thats what I'm going for.

What you lot doin?  :angry:  who's goin how???  :angry:

Dont we have a rail worker on Forum???? where is he? :angry:

It sound like the left hand don't know what the right hand's saying...

I know we've cancelled aour service to Cardiff as it can't get there to make it's service to Edinburgh.

Not sure why you got told that mate! Just got back this second from temple meads and bought 14 tickets..!
you'll still have to queue though.along with every one else who "reserved " a ticket.But there will be plenty of trains............wont there???.............

Me and me mates are getting the 9:30 train (9:47 to be exact) from Frome so we wont have any trouble having to queue! Its a direct route service sowe'll have seats all the way, lucky us!

Should get into Cardiff at half 11ish. Straight into the pub!

Got the train from Parkway for the LDV game.

Admittedly there was a big queue, but I got there early enough so only had to wait until the second train arrived and got to Cardiff with plenty of drinking time to spare.

If you leave early enough you shouldn't have a problem on the trains.

Archived