IGNORED

City Open Adomah Talks

!james

from skysports today:

Skysports.com understands that Bristol City are set to offer a new contract to star winger Albert Adomah to fend off interest from rival clubs.

Adomah_2587485.jpg

The Robins snapped up Adomahspacer.gif from League Two side Barnet last summer, and he has wasted little time in settling into life in the Championship.

Having played nearly 50 games this season, Adomah has shone for Keith Millen's team and he is the leading contender to land their Player of the Year award.

Now City are opening talks with Adomah about a new deal in order to put off any rival interest and reward him for his excellent debut campaign.

Interest from other clubs has been growing in recent months, and skysports.com understands that as well as a number of Championship sides watching him, there have also been scouts from the Premier League keeping a close check on his progress.

HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO MERIT A PAYRISE, HOLDING THE CLUB TO RANSOM. what an A-hole.

Or is that not applicable here?

We don't know what his current salary is so it could be significantly low in comparison to other first teamers so a couple of extra years and pay to bring him more up to scratch with others is a good idea

We don't know what his current salary is so it could be significantly low in comparison to other first teamers so a couple of extra years and pay to bring him more up to scratch with others is a good idea

This was a tongue in cheek reaction to a section of posters on the NM thread.

<br />HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO MERIT A PAYRISE, HOLDING THE CLUB TO RANSOM. what an A-hole.<br /><br /><br />Or is that not applicable here?<br />

To be fair (and with out stoking your fire anymore!), how do we know what he's on at the moment?

What if (and it's a big IF!) City actually got things right when they signed him and said 'look your a conference player on £500 a week, we ain't going to offer much more than this, but we can offer you Championship football'.

He says why not and it turns out he's actually quite good. He might not want Nicky Maynard wages, but he might be saying, i'm definately worth a couple of grand a week.

Thats hardly selfish, it's just knowing what you're worth.

To be fair (and with out stoking your fire anymore!), how do we know what he's on at the moment?

What if (and it's a big IF!) City actually got things right when they signed him and said 'look your a conference player on £500 a week, we ain't going to offer much more than this, but we can offer you Championship football'.

He says why not and it turns out he's actually quite good. He might not want Nicky Maynard wages, but he might be saying, i'm definately worth a couple of grand a week.

Thats hardly selfish, it's just knowing what you're worth.

I refer you to my previous post. I am in full support of offering both Nicky Maynard and Albert Adomah a pay rise.

Thought AA was on a 3 year contract, any team would have to pay megabucks if they want him.

Another scaremongering story from the media, perhaps stoked by his agent.

BCAGFC

seeing as he joined last summer, it is now 2 years. He deserves to be on a par with our better players anyway.

seeing as he joined last summer, it is now 2 years. He deserves to be on a par with our better players anyway.

agreed - woolford probably came in on a much higher salary than adomah did

think we can all agree who should be the bigger earner

I have thought for sometime that other clubs would be fishing around AA in the off season.

As one poster has already stated AA has earned a review and its likely his wage is less than many of the senior pro's and an adjustment would be in order. Nevertheless I cant see that AA would be attracted to too many other clubs right now in the Championship, with the possible exception of the relegated teams...WHU/ Wolves/Wigan/Blackburn.

If a Premier Club came in it is unlikely the club would stand in his way if the money was right, either way lets hope he is playing for us come august!!!

Adomah as far I am concerned the guy is top top quality scares the crap out of defences.rather him stay than Maynard,pitman more than good enough to fill maynards boots ,woolford ain't now where near as good as Adomah double his wages he is alongside pitman and stead fantastic buys.

Good move. By far our best player this season and when things were looking gloomy it was still a joy to watch Albert each week. It will also keep him happy and show our belief in him whilst tying him down for what I'd imagine to be 4 years. I can't see him being a c ** t with wages either so all in all a good decision.

Adomah as far I am concerned the guy is top top quality scares the crap out of defences.rather him stay than Maynard,pitman more than good enough to fill maynards boots ,woolford ain't now where near as good as Adomah double his wages he is alongside pitman and stead fantastic buys.

So you expect him to score 20 goals a season as Maynard has done and Pitman's record this season suggests he can? Such goalscorers are like gold dust;. We wanted one for years and we now have two. However good Albert is (and he's terrific) he cannot replace that.

So you expect him to score 20 goals a season as Maynard has done and Pitman's record this season suggests he can? Such goalscorers are like gold dust;. We wanted one for years and we now have two. However good Albert is (and he's terrific) he cannot replace that.

True. I would liek Pitman, Maynard and Adomah, but need a real quality left sided player to push Woolford. Scarey attacking force when all are fit and shit.

I expect pitman to easily take maynards role,if NM stays great,Adomah creates so much going forward if you said one had to go then Maynard is the one for me.pitman looks a better all round striker to me.players of Adomahs pace and skill are very hard to come by.take sproule fast,but no end product.there are not to many Adomahs in the championship.

HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO MERIT A PAYRISE, HOLDING THE CLUB TO RANSOM. what an A-hole.

Or is that not applicable here?

Albert is deserving of a pay rise and new contract because he is the best player in his position and contributed a hell of a lot to the team in his first year. Maynard although a good player has in my opinion a better player in Pitman who plays in his position. Pandering to Maynard is not what the club should be doing, if anything it should sell him to help pay off the massive debt we have or use it to fund better players in other postions. Maynard has had 1 very good season in 3, Albert has been the star of the team this season along with Stead, the difference with Stead is he's already on championship wages where Albert would be at the lower end of that. Absolutely no similarities smart arse.

Maynard, Pitman and other strikers will only score goalsas a general rule, if they get supply. Albert provides supply

I don't care how good a striker is. Over the course of the season he will not get the goals without a player like Albert in the team

Build from the back and reduce the inflow of goals.

Put creativity in midfield and on the wings

Identify the best finisher - which I also agree is Pitman

Pitman is a better finisher yes but Maynard is an all round better footballer,

Pitman is your typical lazy centre forward where as Maynard track backs drops into midfield to help defends our 18 yard box and can score from anywhere on the pitch

Pitman is a 18 yard box player

Those suggest we get rid of maynard are ******* stupid and are better off supporting the Gas imho they like to sell there best players

Maynard played 11 times this season scoring 6 due to injury and suppension Pitman played 35 times scoring 13 Maynard is a 1 in 2 pitman is a 1 in 3 man,

Maynard, Pitman and other strikers will only score goalsas a general rule, if they get supply. Albert provides supply

I don't care how good a striker is. Over the course of the season he will not get the goals without a player like Albert in the team

Build from the back and reduce the inflow of goals.

Put creativity in midfield and on the wings

Identify the best finisher - which I also agree is Pitman

Perhaps but Maynard scored 20 goals in a season without such a winger or the midfielder everybody craves. He has proved he can make his own goals.

Pitman is a better finisher yes but Maynard is an all round better footballer,

Pitman is your typical lazy centre forward where as Maynard track backs drops into midfield to help defends our 18 yard box and can score from anywhere on the pitch

Pitman is a 18 yard box player

Those suggest we get rid of maynard are ******* stupid and are better off supporting the Gas imho they like to sell there best players

Maynard played 11 times this season scoring 6 due to injury and suppension Pitman played 35 times scoring 13 Maynard is a 1 in 2 pitman is a 1 in 3 man,

Maynard was pretty much a 1 in 4 man in his first championship season.

Archived