IGNORED

Just To Confirm What We Already Knew

petehinton

All well and good wanting to move him on, I think no one will be willing to touch him. I can only guess that he has been frozen out for past 8 months due to a stinky attitude and anyone who was at Leeds will have seen his impression of a matador, waving Leeds players through. A parasite to this football club, he has been a drain on resource with no return.

All well and good wanting to move him on, I think no one will be willing to touch him. I can only guess that he has been frozen out for past 8 months due to a stinky attitude and anyone who was at Leeds will have seen his impression of a matador, waving Leeds players through. A parasite to this football club, he has been a drain on resource with no return.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

He is a typical money draining C U Next Tuesday of an example to the modern day footballer.

The sad thing is, the game is littered with *****s like this guy. Hope his career goes down hill fast and ends up having to lose his luxury and non-deserved posessions.

Bye

Absolute crap being spouted here. Both the 2 posters above me should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, he's played terrible. He's still human though, and not playing well does not automatically make you a ****.

The right thing to do will be to find a new club this summer, which I think he will do. He could sit here for another year and pick up his wage and then be ****ed, or he could find a new club and his career one last chance. I'm sure he will do the latter.

he's been suffering with manic depression so the two posters slagging him off are the CU NTs not the player,

Is that definite?

I thought the article was very sympathetic to him, all the stuff about playing while unfit etc. I wonder if this is almost a club handout, playing down the negative aspects of his time here so as not to put other clubs off.

Absolute crap being spouted here. Both the 2 posters above me should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, he's played terrible. He's still human though, and not playing well does not automatically make you a ****.

The right thing to do will be to find a new club this summer, which I think he will do. He could sit here for another year and pick up his wage and then be ****ed, or he could find a new club and his career one last chance. I'm sure he will do the latter.

well then he should tear up his contract if he is in no state to honour the terms of it, he can **** right off, yeah he must be massively depressed driving around in his Bentley - what a joke that is that a sub par championship footballer can acheive that sort of wealth!

We may have trouble moving him on then unless he has returned to full health. Let us hope a reasonable and amicable solution can be found for both parties. I guess he would be good enough for the gas. Wherever he goes we may end up paying some of his wages until his contract expires; might be only option.

All the talk of depression and other illness is untrue. I was speaking to someone from within the club a couple of weeks ago and asked him directly what the problem was with Hunt.

The answer was that Millen just does not rate him as a player. The chap I was speaking to said he's a nice guy and comes into training everyday and does as he's told , but has accepted that he wont play first team football under the current manager. Eveyone slagging him off need to realise that he signed a contract in good faith under a different manager. That manager then upped sticks and was replaced by KM who doesn't rate Hunt. Not Hunt's fault , so I see no reason for Hunt to feel guilty about picking up his wages.

And before everyone asks who I was talking to , obviously I dont want to put this person in an awkward position with anyone at the club , but Sargent Cidered can back me up as he was there at the same time.

He signs a contract and plays well against Blackpool. Then gets injured, the person who signed him leaves and he has to play when not fit.

Gets a game after a gap coming on half way through the match.

I agree that we need to move him on, but the abuse he gets seems to be based on the fact that he has a better car than the posters

well then he should tear up his contract if he is in no state to honour the terms of it,

Working to the speculative theory, would you tear up your contract, your income, livlihood, if you suffered from a mental health problem which affected your performance?

If the person in question has entered said contract with dishonest intentions, perhaps not revealed certain issues or that they are prone to suffer from 'x', then they deserve less understanding in my opinion but, as with all of this, that is to be speculated.

Unfortunately, as far as im aware, a pre-signing medical doesnt consider issues beyond physical ones - unless someone can correct me?

yeah he must be massively depressed driving around in his Bentley

Hugely ignorant attitude toward mental health issues.

New campaign slogan - suffering with depression? Buy yourself something nice.

what a joke that is that a sub par championship footballer can acheive that sort of wealth!

Hunt has obviously been a massive disappointment here and it wouldnt suprise me one jot if he is paid off in the summer and retires, through choice or lack of suitors, however over 100 top flight performances in a relatively successful side is hardly 'sub-par Championship.'

It's clearly a very difficult situation. Fan frustration is understandable, if you see someone driving a flash car who, in your eyes, has done nothing to deserve it then anger is inevitable. However calling the person in question names, labelling them as 'money grabbing' or slandering as being indicative of the 'modern day footballer' is incredibly short sighted and unhelpful.

It's seems obvious there is more to this than meets the eye, infact havent the club said as much (?), therefore a little understanding, or at least an element of restraint, wouldnt go amiss.

The abuse - if any - should be directed at Steve Coppell Football Genius who signed a player who was out of form and unfit. 5 minutes on google would have revealed that Bolton fans were saying exactly the same things about wanting the player moved on.

The "100 Premier appearances" were made over a 9 year period and he had rarely featured in the previous 2 seasons for Bolton at all.

If anyone had mental healthg issues it was Coppell.

CR

All the talk of depression and other illness is untrue. I was speaking to someone from within the club a couple of weeks ago and asked him directly what the problem was with Hunt.

The answer was that Millen just does not rate him as a player. The chap I was speaking to said he's a nice guy and comes into training everyday and does as he's told , but has accepted that he wont play first team football under the current manager. Eveyone slagging him off need to realise that he signed a contract in good faith under a different manager. That manager then upped sticks and was replaced by KM who doesn't rate Hunt. Not Hunt's fault , so I see no reason for Hunt to feel guilty about picking up his wages.

And before everyone asks who I was talking to , obviously I dont want to put this person in an awkward position with anyone at the club , but Sargent Cidered can back me up as he was there at the same time.

I think thats far more likely.

the depression thing is just a pub rumour and until I hear anything from people involved thats how I'll treat it.

well then he should tear up his contract if he is in no state to honour the terms of it, he can **** right off, yeah he must be massively depressed driving around in his Bentley - what a joke that is that a sub par championship footballer can acheive that sort of wealth!

Im not saying your right or wrong in your statement here only you can answer that, but if it is right and he is fighting depression if you were in the same situation would you say to your boss i quit, i know i wouldn't

Im not saying your right or wrong in your statement here only you can answer that, but if it is right and he is fighting depression if you were in the same situation would you say to your boss i quit, i know i wouldn't

Absolutely not saying you or your 'source' are lying but I struggle to believe that it can be this straight forward.

Wasnt there a situation recently, when Spence was loaned, that Millen, on being asked about right full back, failed to even mention Hunt? That isnt not rating a player, surely that screams of some underlying issue, to which im sure the club had loosely suggested at some point prior?

Have no desire to either create or subscribe to some ellaborate conspiracy theory, but I dont recall such a comprehensive shunning ever. Yes he played shite at Leed's for the time he was on, but you dont completely lose someone from the radar because of that.

I believe im correct in saying that Hunt started at right back for Millen's first win, a clean sheeted 2-0 away at S****horpe, so surely his performances between then and not long after didnt warrant banishing from the squad!?

Absolutely not saying you or your 'source' are lying but I struggle to believe that it can be this straight forward.

Wasnt there a situation recently, when Spence was loaned, that Millen, on being asked about right full back, failed to even mention Hunt? That isnt not rating a player, surely that screams of some underlying issue, to which im sure the club had loosely suggested at some point prior?

Have no desire to either create or subscribe to some ellaborate conspiracy theory, but I dont recall such a comprehensive shunning ever. Yes he played shite at Leed's for the time he was on, but you dont completely lose someone from the radar because of that.

I believe im correct in saying that Hunt started at right back for Millen's first win, a clean sheeted 2-0 away at S****horpe, so surely his performances between then and not long after didnt warrant banishing from the squad!?

I am absolutlely not lying. The conversation happened , as I said Sargent Cidered was there as well and can verify what was said. As for the club employee who I was speaking to , I cant bee 100% sure that he was telling the whole truth , but I have no reason to doubt what he said was all genuine.

I know everyone loves a conspiracy theory but I really dont think Hunt is ill or depressed , nor was he the lone gun man , or the bloke who shot Osama bin Laden !!

he's been suffering with manic depression so the two posters slagging him off are the CU NTs not the player,

In which case he would be "on the sick" as we say and club would be able to claim on the players insurance....

Of course I am not one bit convinced that we could do that nor that he is "ill" .....have seen him around AG on various occasions....admittedly his smile was a bit manic though?

No ...I am afraid this looks mor like a case of no interest after SC brought him in and left

What is interesting is lack of comment from NH himself......maybe now he is being released he will tell his side?

He signs a contract and plays well against Blackpool. Then gets injured, the person who signed him leaves and he has to play when not fit.

Gets a game after a gap coming on half way through the match.

I agree that we need to move him on, but the abuse he gets seems to be based on the fact that he has a better car than the posters

Who gives a rats arse what car he drives. It's probably a kraut wagon which means it damages our balance of payments. There are plenty of well made British built cars these days. On the other hand If he drives a Brit made car leave the lad alone!

No idea who you were speaking to, but I was given more or less the same story from a contact within the club a few weeks ago as well. Nothing in the depression story, more a decent footballer suffering from a chronic lack of pace and our squad not having the players to back him up in that respect without having a very negative impact on our playing style (i.e. it would be Albert having to track back to cover for him).

Bristol City in "signing a player who turns out to be not that great after a limited number of appearances" shocker.

He is not he first not-that-great player we have bought, he will not be the last. Unless the lad is out of line at the club (and no-one in this thread suggests anything of the sort), then get a grip, move on, nothing to see here...

BTW, what sort of Bentley does he drive? And is it pimped out in a garish Stephen Ireland sort of a way?

No idea who you were speaking to, but I was given more or less the same story from a contact within the club a few weeks ago as well. Nothing in the depression story, more a decent footballer suffering from a chronic lack of pace and our squad not having the players to back him up in that respect without having a very negative impact on our playing style (i.e. it would be Albert having to track back to cover for him).

To my mind this just adds to the mystery,surely a chronic lack of pace would have been found out in the Premier League.

Standing on the outside with no inside knowledge whatsoever, it appears a once decent footballer appears to have lost all confidence ,similar to a golfer suffering the yips.

I suppose one day it will all come out

Unless this is proven the case and not a reader, then I'll stand by what I said. He could of gone in January. I'd say it's all about money for approx 75% of footballers.

laugh.gif

What exactly has Nicky Hunt done wrong? He must have been decent once as at Bolton he played a number of games and I used to rate him then, I was in fact happy when we had bought him despite the fact that his time at Ipswich did not come with good reviews. Sadly any kind of class he did have seems to have left him and he just has not looked good enough for us. It is not his fault he was offered quite a lot of money to come here and a long contract, what was he meant to do?

Anyone here saying they would rip up their contract is having a complete laugh, no one should be earning 10k a week in any profession but we would all love it if it was us. He owes us nothing as he has come into training every week (As far as I am aware) and not mouthed off in the press. Do you not think he would rather be playing and earning his money?

I'm sure when you come back after a bad day at work you will happily tear up your contract too. What a lovely man you are.

Archived