IGNORED

Micky Adams Sacked

myol'man

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/13354375.stm

strange timing this, either sack him 10/15 games ago and see if the new bloke keeps them up, (Gas, Swindon etc)

or stick with him for the start of next season.

GJ to Brammel Lane anyone?

I actually think it's well timed. You quite often see managers kept on at the club 'they relegated' to see if they do well next season. They quite often get sacked a few games into the season anyway. At least this way, a new manager will get the chance to build his own team over the summer and sign the players he wants before the transfer window shuts again at the end of August (or whenever it is). Also, he was only there since January anyway so realistically they couldn't have sacked him with 10-15 games left. As far as GJ goes, I'm not sure he'd be on their radar after his last couple of management moves. I think he would do a great job at that type of club though, if he was given the chance.

Terrible manager. Failed at Coventry what the hell were the Sheff Utd board thinking? Sheff Utd fans are not happy with their board over the time it took to sack Blackwell, the appointment of Gary Speed and Micky Adams. Would not be surprised if their board were mad enough to give Chris Morgan the job as player manager

Terrible manager. Failed at Coventry what the hell were the Sheff Utd board thinking? Sheff Utd fans are not happy with their board over the time it took to sack Blackwell, the appointment of Gary Speed and Micky Adams. Would not be surprised if their board were mad enough to give Chris Morgan the job as player manager

Agree, the guy is a joke of a manager, failed at every half decent sized club he has been at. I really dont know what motivates men like Micky Adams other than the pay checks.

Agree, the guy is a joke of a manager, failed at every half decent sized club he has been at. I really dont know what motivates men like Micky Adams other than the pay checks.

Add Glenn Roeder, Gary Megson, Paul Hart and Avram Grant to that list, how the hell do these people find work?

I actually think it's well timed. You quite often see managers kept on at the club 'they relegated' to see if they do well next season. They quite often get sacked a few games into the season anyway. At least this way, a new manager will get the chance to build his own team over the summer and sign the players he wants before the transfer window shuts again at the end of August (or whenever it is). Also, he was only there since January anyway so realistically they couldn't have sacked him with 10-15 games left. As far as GJ goes, I'm not sure he'd be on their radar after his last couple of management moves. I think he would do a great job at that type of club though, if he was given the chance.

What you mean a club with a bigger fan base than us and a better recent history?

What you mean a club with a bigger fan base than us and a better recent history?

Not quite. What I mean is a club that's too big for for League 1 and should be aiming higher (like we were) and are in need of someone to sort out the egos at the club and change the culture (like he did here). I didn't actually mention how they compare to us as a club though. Not sure why you read into it like that? Even so, if he could turn our fortunes around so dramatically, why wouldn't he be able to there?

Not quite. What I mean is a club that's too big for for League 1 and should be aiming higher (like we were) and are in need of someone to sort out the egos at the club and change the culture (like he did here). I didn't actually mention how they compare to us as a club though. Not sure why you read into it like that? Even so, if he could turn our fortunes around so dramatically, why wouldn't he be able to there?

Unfortunately, his recent history(last season and this) doesn't suggest that to me.

That's what motivates most of us to go to work, so why should football people be any different?

As for the suggestion that the Blades might be after Gary Johnson, that's laughable. They've said that they want a big name manager, not some bloke who has just avoided relegation out of the football league. Sorry to be blunt, but that's how the Blades will view Johnson.

Perhaps Nicky Hunt (ex Premier League star with a collection of nice cars) might be the big name they are looking for.

Unfortunately, his recent history(last season and this) doesn't suggest that to me.

True to a degree Although, who knows what he could have done at Peterborough if given a proper chance. Anyway, that's why I mentioned his last 2 jobs and why that could put them off.

Archived