IGNORED

It's Quiet...too Quiet

I thought contracts expired on the 30th of June? As the transfer window opens 1st of July?

I thought it was 1st June after which most players go on their holidays. Window opens just as they get back!

Nibor would know for definite.

Correct.

But I wouldn't expect too much activity until late July/August anyway as the better players will wait for the best offer regardless of whether they're in contract or not..

There may be one or two loan deals or free transfers knocking around before then.

Plus out of contract players still get paid until October ( i think) if they dont find a new club.

suprisingly after 9 months of intensive football football football the people at the club get a holiday and some time with their families and a chance for the wounds to heal. I,d expect activity (chatter) to start early June. At least the away shirt is early this year and a couple of decent t shirts for my holidays so time to start saving for next season. :drunk2::city:

suprisingly after 9 months of intensive football football football the people at the club get a holiday and some time with their families and a chance for the wounds to heal. I,d expect activity (chatter) to start early June. At least the away shirt is early this year and a couple of decent t shirts for my holidays so time to start saving for next season. :drunk2::city:

How dare they have a holiday with the amount they're paid. Have you seen the cars in the players car park? Disgraceful etc etc.....

The transfer window opens 1st July or the first working day after I think which tends to be the same week the players report back.

Contracts tend to run 1st July to 30th June but don't have to and aren't always consistent though this seems more and more common.

Business will get done pretty much from now, you can sign a contract to start on 1st of July now if you're out of contract and transfer agreements between clubs can be made and signed now despite registration not being open until July 1st.

Some signings will be made in June, sometimes clubs will wait until 1st July to announce those, sometimes they don't.

Early transfers seem fairly rare, it's not to the players advantage to agree before they've seen all the offers and they're mostly paid until June 30th in any case.

So most business is done in July, and then there's a lull while the season kicks off and a fairly frenetic last week of August.

I doubt we will see any signings announced before at least the last week in June really, a lot of people will be on holiday and while this doesn't mean phones are switched off it does mean face to face meetings can't take place.

The transfer window opens 1st July or the first working day after I think which tends to be the same week the players report back.

Contracts tend to run 1st July to 30th June but don't have to and aren't always consistent though this seems more and more common.

Business will get done pretty much from now, you can sign a contract to start on 1st of July now if you're out of contract and transfer agreements between clubs can be made and signed now despite registration not being open until July 1st.

Some signings will be made in June, sometimes clubs will wait until 1st July to announce those, sometimes they don't.

Early transfers seem fairly rare, it's not to the players advantage to agree before they've seen all the offers and they're mostly paid until June 30th in any case.

So most business is done in July, and then there's a lull while the season kicks off and a fairly frenetic last week of August.

I doubt we will see any signings announced before at least the last week in June really, a lot of people will be on holiday and while this doesn't mean phones are switched off it does mean face to face meetings can't take place.

All absolutely right of course. Year after year though posters will start complaining very early in the window that everybody else has signed loads of players. When you direct them to the BBC site's list of transfers showing little activity it will make little difference. Common sense dictates that players who are likely to have a choice of clubs will hold out for the best deal. Those that move earliest are likely to be the less good ones who are grateful to get a club or those moving significantly up the ladder in terms of division and/or money who get an offer too good to turn down. A great deal of activity tends to happen after clubs start pre-season training also. Finally clubs will try to avoid paying players for the whole summer if possible so as to save money. As usual patience will be needed.

Archived