IGNORED

Columbian Striker?

clashcityred

I have been told bristol city looking at a striker most of us wudnt have heard of i certanly havent his name is Jackson Martinez a 24yr old colombian striker he plays for Jaguares in Mexico, powerful 6ft striker with 65 goals in 84 games, this isn't made up from very realiable souce who done deal to bring alvaro saborio over just hope if goes through scores more than him

Some bloke on that football rumours site i don't know the truth in it but if he does sign HUGE IF i feel, hopefully he won't flop like Saborio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Mart%C3%ADnez

Wikipedia profile aswell

That's a good record by any means, considering how good Hernandez has been for Man U he may be worth a look at! However, if true (unlikely) it obviously means we have stumbled with our negotiations with Maynard as it was only last week that Millen said he was pleased with out attack.

That's a good record by any means, considering how good Hernandez has been for Man U he may be worth a look at! However, it true it obviously means we have stumbled on negotiations with Maynard as it was only last week that Millen said he was pleased with out attack.

Sadly yeah i would have to agree with statement :( it also worries me that Adomah took 3-4 days to sign a new contract while Maynard is taking much longer im certainly concerned but thats just me being a typically pesimistic city fan

Most people spell Bristol City with a capital B & C, considering you havn't on this post and it matches the edit I'd say you've made this one up. BULLSHIT

If i was going to make up a rumour i wouldn't waste my time looking through the Mexican league personally i don't thnk anything of the rumour as it is, i just wanted a view on it, not an English lesson.

I think this is made up although he does look like a good player! I'd love to see abit of south american flair at city!!

He doesn't really look a "flair" player at all though, to be honest. We don't have the strong direct striker in our "golf bag" but, as screech says we don't have the game for that either.

He looks like a goalscoring machine this fella

My only concern - can he only score on two tone pitches with yellow football's? May be a sticking point.....

Having had the patience to sit through all that I have 3 points to make.

1. Is it my internet connection or is the football there very very slow?
  2. Can we make sure we don't buy any of the defenders or goalkeepers on show?!?
  3. That has to be one of the most balanced selection of youtube clips I have ever seen, it's not often you get to see the more mediocre or poor aspects of a players game as well as the highlights.

He doesn't even come close to qualifying for a work permit.

This. Don't you need to play in 75% of your country's most recent competitive fixtures? This guy hasn't played for Colombia for a year and a half and only has 3 caps to his name. Also, agree with II Wurzel II that it's a big coincidence that the edited version of wiki also has 'bristol city' uncapitalised, so wouldn't think it that far fetched that the OP altered it.

Edit: Sorry 5 caps!

I have been told bristol city looking at a striker most of us wudnt have heard of i certanly havent his name is Jackson Martinez a 24yr old colombian striker he plays for Jaguares in Mexico, powerful 6ft striker with 65 goals in 84 games, this isn't made up from very realiable souce who done deal to bring alvaro saborio over just hope if goes through scores more than him

Some bloke on that football rumours site i don't know the truth in it but if he does sign HUGE IF i feel, hopefully he won't flop like Saborio

http://en.wikipedia....n_Mart%C3%ADnez

Wikipedia profile aswell

Who told you then? Who is this 'very reliable source' and how do you know them?

Looks like Wigan were rumoured to be interested in him this time last year ...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-exclusive-Wigan-lead-the-chase-for-Colombian-strike-star-Jackson-Martinez-article443619.html

Perhaps his agent is always busy this time of year trying to stoke up interest from clubs (possibly in countries with less strict work permit regulations?).

Who told you then? Who is this 'very reliable source' and how do you know them?

If it was my rumour I would happily tell you, but as it's not I can't tell you I can't say I had much confidence in the rumour when I read it and I still don't now and in a few ways I hope it's not!

If it was my rumour I would happily tell you, but as it's not I can't tell you I can't say I had much confidence in the rumour when I read it and I still don't now and in a few ways I hope it's not!

Sorry, I misread your original post as well, as it sounded like it was your 'reliable source'. In fact you were quoting someone who had posted on the football rumours website. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

Looks good in the air, but we'd need to improve our delivery if we were to get much use out of that talent. Soborio would have scored goals if our delivery was anywhere near competent.

He doesn't really look a "flair" player at all though, to be honest. We don't have the strong direct striker in our "golf bag" but, as screech says we don't have the game for that either.

You got parole then JT? are you tagged?

Archived