IGNORED

David Bentley

apathy

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,13320_6912986,00.html

Read the above article on the excelllent 365 website and it got me thinking. We obviously have a working relationship with Tottenham now. Why not a cheeky loan bid for next season?

I can almost hear the gasps and tuts and swear words and fm manager and the pitch forks being sharpened to chase me to the city limits. But hear/read me out.

Now if you bothered to read the link you will see Dave is 'out of favour' hes down the pecking order behind amongst others Lennon, Sandro, Bale, Van de Vaart, Huddlestone, Jenas, O'Hara, Palacios, Modric, Kranjcar, Piennar and even Rose is making first team now admitldy at LB. This is not counting any youth starlets and possible new siginings this summer. Hes currently on loan at Birmingham, a relegation threatend club and he cannot make the bench (actually stormed otu of staduim when he found out).

Now hes got a bit of a reputation as a show pony, bit injury prone, stats arent that great and difficult to manage with ideas well above his station. However Im thinking could he be the next Taarabt? Did well at Blackburn hence his move to Tottenham where he has struggled to hold down a place. Now he cant get on the bench for Brum, who in the prem will take a chance on him this summer?

I can see him dropping down a division for one season on loan or moving to a high profile play off contender (West Ham). Now his wages are rumoured £60k which is a sticking point unless your Cardiff.

We clearly need the creativity. Hes a right midfielder but can play in centre or the hole. If he dropped a division I believe his class would shine but would you be happy with City having a player in the mold of Taarabt? And if so is Dave not a bad shout?

For example 4 3 3 formation, Elliot Skuse/Cisse in mid with Davey free role, Adomah Maynard Stead/Pitman up front. Personally I dont think he would come to us its just a suggestion really to see what peoples opinions are on a Taarabtesque signing. I also think Millen doesnt strike me as the sort of manger who would gamble on a signing which is why I think/hope the Goodwillie rumour is just that.

http://www.football3...6912986,00.html

Read the above article on the excelllent 365 website and it got me thinking. We obviously have a working relationship with Tottenham now. Why not a cheeky loan bid for next season?

I can almost hear the gasps and tuts and swear words and fm manager and the pitch forks being sharpened to chase me to the city limits. But hear/read me out.

Now if you bothered to read the link you will see Dave is 'out of favour' hes down the pecking order behind amongst others Lennon, Sandro, Bale, Van de Vaart, Huddlestone, Jenas, O'Hara, Palacios, Modric, Kranjcar, Piennar and even Rose is making first team now admitldy at LB. This is not counting any youth starlets and possible new siginings this summer. Hes currently on loan at Birmingham, a relegation threatend club and he cannot make the bench (actually stormed otu of staduim when he found out).

Now hes got a bit of a reputation as a show pony, bit injury prone, stats arent that great and difficult to manage with ideas well above his station. However Im thinking could he be the next Taarabt? Did well at Blackburn hence his move to Tottenham where he has struggled to hold down a place. Now he cant get on the bench for Brum, who in the prem will take a chance on him this summer?

I can see him dropping down a division for one season on loan or moving to a high profile play off contender (West Ham). Now his wages are rumoured £60k which is a sticking point unless your Cardiff.

We clearly need the creativity. Hes a right midfielder but can play in centre or the hole. If he dropped a division I believe his class would shine but would you be happy with City having a player in the mold of Taarabt? And if so is Dave not a bad shout?

For example 4 3 3 formation, Elliot Skuse/Cisse in mid with Davey free role, Adomah Maynard Stead/Pitman up front. Personally I dont think he would come to us its just a suggestion really to see what peoples opinions are on a Taarabtesque signing. I also think Millen doesnt strike me as the sort of manger who would gamble on a signing which is why I think/hope the Goodwillie rumour is just that.

I think we have another forum member smoking some illegals tonight :innocent06:

No chance.

No thanks.

The bloke's a first class knob.

And I don't even reckon he's that good, not for that money anyway.

:redcard:

http://www.football3...6912986,00.html

Richter scale wages and a bad attitude if your remarks are all accurate; think you have answered your own question.

Bentley is a good Premier League player easily... He's way above our level and there's no way he's going to drop down. He was absolutely class for Blackburn, people seem to have very short memories... Does no-one recall his hat-trick against Utd? He also has 7 caps for England. Probably even more ridiculous a thread as suggesting Owen would come to us.

about as much chance as Gary Johnson becoming our manager next week,

60k a week Spurs will want at least 50% of that paid, and the lad thinks he's to good for Birmingham, well beyond us as a player and we've already got albert on the right as it is

All very true people but would you want a Taarabtesque signing this summer? I suggested Dave purely on the basis of the article.

Show pony or shire horse?

Now I may be making assumptions but I think the old generations would not be happy with a player who could potentially be a passenger for 89 mins then possibly score or setup a wonder goal, where as the younger would.

Take Haynes for example, worked very hard little end product in the end. Compared to say Noble, who is a bit before my time, who was supposedly creative but frustating for large parts of games. Or even Trundle, flashes of brilliance but he didnt/couldnt run around at 100mph each game and was criticised by some.

Thoughts? Personaly Im on the fence but verring to show pony. If only because of Albert/Nicky and how every time he gets the ball in space you think something could happen. Where you dont get that with say Skuse.

All very true people but would you want a Taarabtesque signing this summer? I suggested Dave purely on the basis of the article.

Show pony or shire horse?

Now I may be making assumptions but I think the old generations would not be happy with a player who could potentially be a passenger for 89 mins then possibly score or setup a wonder goal, where as the younger would.

Take Haynes for example, worked very hard little end product in the end. Compared to say Noble, who is a bit before my time, who was supposedly creative but frustating for large parts of games. Or even Trundle, flashes of brilliance but he didnt/couldnt run around at 100mph each game and was criticised by some.

Thoughts? Personaly Im on the fence but verring to show pony. If only because of Albert/Nicky and how every time he gets the ball in space you think something could happen. Where you dont get that with say Skuse.

Yes and no,

We need to get back the team sprit we had under Johnson's promotion and play-off season (Coppel lost this but Teflon has worked hard and its coming back)

So we'd love a player like Tarabat only if he fits in with the current squad,

imo anyway

He's a good player and on paper I can see him providing what we need.

However, Millen seems rightly very keen on signing players with a real desire to prove themselves and I think Bentley could go either way on that front. He might be determined to prove he's still a top class player and really shine but he might equally think he already is one and that playing for City would require no effort on his part. There's just too much risk of the latter.

Why is anyone even entertaining the idea that he'd come here..?

To be honest it was more of a hypothetical question. See my post above show pony v shire horse. But I think the way I wrote it has gone over peoples heads, I am no Jonathon Wilson. Must try harder next time. See I find formations and dynamics of teams quite interesting, and was trying to kickstart some more lively debate apart from the usual suspects having there usual arguements.

Bit late but cant miss the opportunity to say I was right :winner_third_h4h:

So thats Bentley and Boas moving to prem Ive called correctly. Now as these things come in 3s Im going to predict Maynard signing a new contract :fingerscrossed:

Bentley is a good Premier League player easily... He's way above our level and there's no way he's going to drop down. He was absolutely class for Blackburn, people seem to have very short memories... Does no-one recall his hat-trick against Utd? He also has 7 caps for England. Probably even more ridiculous a thread as suggesting Owen would come to us.

Exactly right...he may be out of favour with old Bagpuss but Sam will sort him out...

Why on earth does any one think he would ever consider coming to city on loan....pie in the sky.. or that we could even get the Chairman to stump up the dosh.

Archived