IGNORED

Womens Fa Cup Final.

That would be a change then Marie. When our team folded, if i am not mistaken, Bristol Rovers changed their name to Bristol Academy. I understood it was a name change only but I would be happy to be corrected.

Yep, they're sags basically but then we ended our ladies' team and a few joined. They were originally established by merging the sags with some sheep********. Still play in blue so couldn't give a toss about them. I'm sure I read somewhere that BCFC ladies were brought to a halt, as the FA could only fund one team in the area. Not sure on that though.

Yep, they're sags basically but then we ended our ladies' team and a few joined. They were originally established by merging the sags with some sheep********. Still play in blue so couldn't give a toss about them. I'm sure I read somewhere that BCFC ladies were brought to a halt, as the FA could only fund one team in the area. Not sure on that though.

The city team folded because lansdown (quite rightly) pulled the plug because hard as it may seem to believe the women's fa are even more incompetent then the men's.

We basically merged the girls academy with the boys, they used many of the same facilities as the boys did. However there was really sod all competition for them, they would regularly smash tams 14-15 nil, there was a London league with Chelsea, arsenal Watford etc that we wanted to join and they wants us to join as well as they had an odd number of teams but the women's fa continually refused so lansdown got pissed off and pulled the money, so when the fa would only fund one we didn't even try to keep the team as it was a waste of time.

The Bristol academy is no longer in any way affiliated with rovers, it's got a few of the girls who used to play for the rovers academy but apart from the 3 pros they have it's pretty much just made up of ex Filton students.

Archived