IGNORED

Rovers Get It Right

sglosbcfc

The accounts from previous years are available at companies house. It doesn't take much to see what the lower attendances they had this season will have done, no guesswork involved.

The transfer money won't cover this season's gaping hole let alone next season's which will be even bigger given lower attendances again.

They won't be spending any significant money on fees and will be scraping from the bottom of the barrel, you can count on that.

The Downs league beckons.

Like I said, you can take as many assumptions as you like but unless you are privy to the finer detail of the clubs finances (companies house accounts tell you what they want you to see - I.e. Abbreviated accounts - I know I do it) you cannot possibly be as emphatic as you are about what plans the club has; in short you are neither party to the full extent of the clubs financial situation nor are you on the board of directors or involved in decision making or club strategy... Unless I am mistaken or you have inside knowledge which I suspect not or you would have declared it by now.

Don't let your passion for wanting their demise get in the way of a sensible and reasoned argument.

You may be right but you equally could be wrong.

Like I said, you can take as many assumptions as you like but unless you are privy to the finer detail of the clubs finances (companies house accounts tell you what they want you to see - I.e. Abbreviated accounts - I know I do it) you cannot possibly be as emphatic as you are about what plans the club has; in short you are neither party to the full extent of the clubs financial situation nor are you on the board of directors or involved in decision making or club strategy... Unless I am mistaken or you have inside knowledge which I suspect not or you would have declared it by now.

Don't let your passion for wanting their demise get in the way of a sensible and reasoned argument.

You may be right but you equally could be wrong.

They don't post abbreviated accounts, they post ones with similar detail in to ours.

I don't have inside knowledge, I have public knowledge and common sense. Would you like to wager on Rovers transfer spending? I will happily bet they'll pay less than £100k in total transfer fees before the window shuts.

There's a chance I'll be wrong I admit, but it isn't an equal one by any means and you know this.

Have you been drinking?

They're going to rely on youth players/free signings next season and unless they land a manager who's used to working under those contstraints they're going to flounder all season long.

I hope Buckley doesn't take it on and shows some loyalty to Torquay (should they go up). Not likely I know.

Thank you Torquay manager has done this season, and will get a better contract and budget better than Torquay.?

Torquay AV Crowd 2-500/3000

One thing's for sure, obvious and probably already referred to I know but their wage bill will be cut! Seems like relatively sensible financial management I think, though perhaps a bit overboard on the getting rid front? Squad of 17 atm according to Wiki..,Similarly, according to Wiki they lack the small matter of a goalkeeper!:laughcont:

Thank you Torquay manager has done this season, and will get a better contract and budget better than Torquay.?

Torquay AV Crowd 2-500/3000

Yes, for a basement club they will be one of the biggest in that division, so I expect Buckle to go to the gash if offered the job, irrespective whether Torquay go up or not.

Shame really as I kinda like The Gulls but absolutely loathe the Monkeys from the Mem.

Archived