IGNORED

Rovers Get It Right

sglosbcfc

Congratulations to the Gas for realising the state of football's finances and acting accordingly. By selling or realising all their best players and highest earners they are living within their means and preparing for the below 5,000 average gates they will get in League Two. However, I do forsee two potential problems...

1. You must have a minimum of 7 players to kick off a league match.

2. Last time they went down to the basement and claimed they would be Champions the next season, they nearly dropped into the conference instead. With this slash and burn approach they are certs to be having that big local derby with Bath City in 2012-13.

Full list of released players;

Full list of players released - Jeff Hughes, Mike Green, Darryl Duffy, Carl Regan, Danny Senda, Gavin Williams, JP Kalala, Jerel Ifil, Ashley Bowle, Sam Butler, Jack Camm, Alex Hoyle, Robbi Maggs, Lewis Parker, Tyrone Rhoden, Tom Seery, and Jordan Tillson.

Plus Will Hoskins sold to Brighton.

They really are preparing for life on the Conferance laughcont.gif

Congratulations to the Gas for realising the state of football's finances and acting accordingly. By selling or realising all their best players and highest earners they are living within their means and preparing for the below 5,000 average gates they will get in League Two. However, I do forsee two potential problems...

1. You must have a minimum of 7 players to kick off a league match.

2. Last time they went down to the basement and claimed they would be Champions the next season, they nearly dropped into the conference instead. With this slash and burn approach they are certs to be having that big local derby with Bath City in 2012-13.

Bit mean on Bath; you never know they may come the other way, especially if they go full time.

I am sure Gav should find a club he was there long enough to show he can play at that level when fit. I guess it will depend on how far he wants to move from the area, the only league 0ne option would appear to be Exeter. Are they looking for a replacement for Ryan Harley?

Full list of players released - Jeff Hughes, Mike Green, Darryl Duffy, Carl Regan, Danny Senda, Gavin Williams, JP Kalala, Jerel Ifil, Ashley Bowle, Sam Butler, Jack Camm, Alex Hoyle, Robbi Maggs, Lewis Parker, Tyrone Rhoden, Tom Seery, and Jordan Tillson.

The only ones whose name I recognise.

I am sure Gav should find a club he was there long enough to show he can play at that level when fit. I guess it will depend on how far he wants to move from the area, the only league 0ne option would appear to be Exeter. Are they looking for a replacement for Ryan Harley?

He could have stayed at Yeovil for the rest of the season but they could not afford his wages so he chose Rovers. I assume much the same would be true of Exeter unless he takes a drop in pay.

He could have stayed at Yeovil for the rest of the season but they could not afford his wages so he chose Rovers. I assume much the same would be true of Exeter unless he takes a drop in pay.

I guess that's up to him, but the alternative presumably would be playing a lot further from home/ uprooting his family for the last couple of years of his career, or dropping out of football altogether.

Plus Will Hoskins sold to Brighton.

They really are preparing for life on the Conferance laughcont.gif

All replaced by players from Torquay laugh.gif

They'll be lucky, very lucky, to stay up. They've no money to build a squad and you can't build a whole new team from free signings.

You are right, but didn't Southend pretty much rebuild with free signings in the summer before they beat us in the Carling Cup !?

You are right, but didn't Southend pretty much rebuild with free signings in the summer before they beat us in the Carling Cup !?

They used some free signings but they didn't put together a whole new first XI and matchday squad which is what the blue few have to do.

They'll be lucky, very lucky, to stay up. They've no money to build a squad and you can't build a whole new team from free signings.

Perhaps you are privvy to the Gas finances, I don't know, but we might guess that some of the money from whatever they received for Hoskins can be used for transfers.

It is the goalkeeping situation that I cannot work out. They have got rid of Green and there is talk that Logan will stay, I am pretty sure that will leave them with one keeper (if Logan signs).

I would have thought Green would have been low paid, he has come up through the ranks and by all accounts played well when he was called upon (although he played in the mauling at Oxford he was apparently not to blame for any of the goals).

Perhaps when signing on replacement players they need to be good up front, middle, defence and goal!!

It is the goalkeeping situation that I cannot work out. They have got rid of Green and there is talk that Logan will stay, I am pretty sure that will leave them with one keeper (if Logan signs).

I would have thought Green would have been low paid, he has come up through the ranks and by all accounts played well when he was called upon (although he played in the mauling at Oxford he was apparently not to blame for any of the goals).

Perhaps when signing on replacement players they need to be good up front, middle, defence and goal!!

to be fair, i would guess rovers will get some of the higher crowds in the basement league next year, enabling them to attract journeymen players who can do a job at that level. they should be in the top 10-12 in terms of attendance, and honestly bristol is a nice city so a few players may go and join them even if it is for a conference relgation battle

sooner or later, more people will be turning up to watch the "danny coles vs. paying fan who dared to have an opinion" main event in the car park than the blue square south action on the park

:winner_third_h4h:

Perhaps you are privvy to the Gas finances, I don't know, but we might guess that some of the money from whatever they received for Hoskins can be used for transfers.

Nope, it will be going into the gaping hole of their operating loss for this season caused by their tiny revenue.

Nope, it will be going into the gaping hole of their operating loss for this season caused by their tiny revenue.

One can only make a guess at that but unless you are privy, like I said, you cannot say that unequivocally.

And I for one would strongly suggest that unless you reinvest some of the proceeds the 'gaping hole' as you put it will get deeper as the club fails to turn it around.

One can only make a guess at that but unless you are privy, like I said, you cannot say that unequivocally.

And I for one would strongly suggest that unless you reinvest some of the proceeds the 'gaping hole' as you put it will get deeper as the club fails to turn it around.

The accounts from previous years are available at companies house. It doesn't take much to see what the lower attendances they had this season will have done, no guesswork involved.

The transfer money won't cover this season's gaping hole let alone next season's which will be even bigger given lower attendances again.

They won't be spending any significant money on fees and will be scraping from the bottom of the barrel, you can count on that.

The Downs league beckons.

Whoo hoo!

The Gash can **** the **** off and when they get there they can **** off again.

If they cease to exist in any reasonable form, that'll do me.

In 50 years I've never met a decent Butane Head, full of s*** the lot of them.

The accounts from previous years are available at companies house. It doesn't take much to see what the lower attendances they had this season will have done, no guesswork involved.

The transfer money won't cover this season's gaping hole let alone next season's which will be even bigger given lower attendances again.

They won't be spending any significant money on fees and will be scraping from the bottom of the barrel, you can count on that.

What chairman hold hope for is when you get relegated your'e attendences will improve if you are doing well and in the promotion push for next season, if they get to Wembley next season, you and i know there will be 30,000, there supporting them, it's a Bristol thing, i would never do this but 20,000 plus those this when a Bristol club gets to Wembley/Millenium.

What chairman hold hope for is when you get relegated your'e attendences will improve if you are doing well and in the promotion push for next season, if they get to Wembley next season, you and i know there will be 30,000, there supporting them, it's a Bristol thing, i would never do this but 20,000 plus those this when a Bristol club gets to Wembley/Millenium.

Have you been drinking?

They're going to rely on youth players/free signings next season and unless they land a manager who's used to working under those contstraints they're going to flounder all season long.

I hope Buckley doesn't take it on and shows some loyalty to Torquay (should they go up). Not likely I know.

Have you been drinking?

They're going to rely on youth players/free signings next season and unless they land a manager who's used to working under those contstraints they're going to flounder all season long.

I hope Buckley doesn't take it on and shows some loyalty to Torquay (should they go up). Not likely I know.

'Buckley'? WTF!

See, I have been drinking.

Repeat after me Buckle, Buckle, Buckle.

Archived