IGNORED

Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea

glynriley

Feel sorry the bloke, shows the Abromivich knows nothing about the sport and how it works, and what it takes. Man U did not sack Fergie the few seasons he did not win anything. The same scenario with Wenger. Ancelotti will most likely go back to Italy now. Still a very good manager.

Hope Chelsea's bubble burst soon. Any club who spend hundreds of millions to gain success are a virus to the sport, same with Man City. I would not be surprised if Mancini was sacked soon even though they have finished third.

Also congratulations to Wigan today, have a soft spot for them and try to place football on the deck and pass the ball smoothly. Well done to Martinez and Whelan.

I like that you criticise Chelsea and Man City when Wigan have done exactly the same thing to get from a mediocre league 2 side to a Premier League one...

what spent hundreds of millions? I don't think so.

I'd like to see Man Citys Net Profit/Loss in the last 2 seasons. Compared to Wigans over the last decade or so.

Didn't take long did it

GJ anyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My second team go to the Bridge a few times a year, this is madness, hope Hiddink is the new manager and this idiot of a chairman gives a manager a chance to build something, then again all he wants in the CL, to show off too.

Feel sorry the bloke, shows the Abromivich knows nothing about the sport and how it works, and what it takes. Man U did not sack Fergie the few seasons he did not win anything.

Even more pathetically is they won the double under him last season. They are a vile little club falsely made big by Abramowich's millions

Even more pathetically is they won the double under him last season. They are a vile little club falsely made big by Abramowich's millions

Double in his first year is a good acheivement, it's the mad Russian's aim to not build a club to get the CL at all cost, he is a joke, past managers know this , this man is running this club as a hobby, the people at Man City are investing in the area creating jobs they want some money back, this idiot is on a personal mission the CL.

Since Summer 2009 till now Man City have spent around the mark of 270 million just on transfers on its own.

With making around 22million since the summer of 2009 till now.

So overall thats 248million spent on ins and outs for Man City in 2 years.

Then there is this summer, which I am sure they will spend over 50 million on players.

Says it all.

I'd like to see Man Citys Net Profit/Loss in the last 2 seasons. Compared to Wigans over the last decade or so.

If you did a % of expenditure the year before the big spenders in each case arrived and then compared it for the 5 years after im sure Wigan's relative spending increase wouldn't be far different from Chelsea of Man city.

well obviously.:bored:

But if you compare the relative spends of teams in the divisions Wigan have been in on their rise to the top flight and consider their mediocre support it becomes pretty obvious to even the slowest of people that Wigan bought their way to the top.

Nice as DW is, he still bought his clubs success. So to vilify RA and applaud Wigan in the same sentence is Hypocrisy of the highest order.

He should have gone in jan. It's open for the return of the special one....

What ever happens I expect to see a huge clear out in the summer, drogba, Anelka, essien,kalou, ivanovich, bosingwa to name but a few.

Yes, Mourinho will lea ve the biggest club in the world historically speaking when he has a shot at winning CL and overhauling his nemesis from years ago- Barca? Should have been sacked January? Win double first year, sacked the next- seems pretty unreasonable to me, but that's Abramovich for you I suppose.

Ummm do you really think his position is solid at real? Look at their history of sacking managers! And biggest club in the world? What part of Pluto do you live?

Unreasonable to you or not, Chelseas for all season was poor, and a number of players have become unhappy. The change should of been made then. Completely outplayed at Man U was probably the final straw.

The only good part of this season was the emergence of Josh McEachran.

McCechran is good I'll grant you, though Luiz is a pretty good signing. By biggest, I mean in terms of European Cups- nobody has won as many as them, but it depends on context I guess. 9 European Cups not indicative of a massive club? As for Real, interested to see if they keep him- they may give him another year but undoubtedly it is doubtful. Hell, they sacked Del Bosque for 2 La Ligas (when it was top League) and 2 CLs in 4 years- as he wasn't a big enough name. Still think the European progress as set against the last 7 seasons will give him one last chance but we'll see.

As for Ancelotti, all subjective I guess but has Ferguson not gone through a season without winning a trophy? Think he won one League title in 5 seasons at the start of this decade, but deservedly his past record brought him time. Now I'm not putting Ancelotti in the same League as Ferguson, but winning the only double in their history like I said, perhaps deserves time. If they replace him with Van Basten as is rumoured, it is no upgrade! Agree about the clearout too.

How many millions has Abramovich spent on compensation to the managers he's sacked ?

I read that Ancelotti was due £5 million and would hazard a guess that Mourinho, Grant, Tinkerman and Scolari were handsomely 'rewarded' on getting the boot.

Chelsea, under Abramovich, are obscene.

It wasn't untill he started against Newcastle I realised just how good he is. I really hope he gets to play more next season, he's got a real touch of class.

As for Luiz, he really does look quality, if slightly worrying when challenging in the box.

Notts Florist have two compared to Chelseas 0 - Who's the bigger club? ;)

I think Mouriniho will get the chop, simply because of the comments post Barca (not that I actually disagree with him) and that Real havn't really looked anything near as good as Barca this season. That hammering they took early on must have hurt.

Van Basten would be a terrible appointment, and a backward step.

Archived