IGNORED

Bothroyd And Burke Not Offered New Contracts By Cardiff.

Ryan_BCFC

Bothroyd we could never get but I'd be all over Burke if we can get him, quality player! Shame he plays in the same position as arguably our top performer this season though...

Oh and on another note the domestic transfer window opens on the 1st of June with the international window opening on the 1st of July - It was discussed on another thread but I couldn't be bothered to check which!

any bets on cardiff going down next season :fingerscrossed:

That wont happen. However I have a feeling unless they make some very shrewd or very costly moves in the transfer market over the summer then next season could be more similar to the season we have just had rather than the one they have just had.

Bellamy says he wants to stay but presumably Man City will not pay his £80k a week so Cardiff will not have a Premier League player for free next time round. How will they cope having to play by the same rules as everybody else?:innocent06:

according to my mate the bluebird,bellamy wants to be player coach next season.

Bellamy says he wants to stay but presumably Man City will not pay his £80k a week so Cardiff will not have a Premier League player for free next time round. How will they cope having to play by the same rules as everybody else?:innocent06:

Chris Burke --> Gone

Jay Bothroyd --> Gone

Craig Bellamy --> Gone

Jason Brown --> Gone

Stephen Bywater --> Gone

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas --> Gone

Jason Koumas --> Gone

Gavin Rae --> Gone

Martin John --> Gone

Adam Matthews --> Gone

Ohh dear

Some quality in that list.

Chris Burke has always impressed me and would make an effective attacking midfielder. Jason Koumas is also a decent player. Wouldn't mind both at City.

Chris Burke has always impressed me and would make an effective attacking midfielder. Jason Koumas is also a decent player. Wouldn't mind both at City.

Jason Koumas WAS a decent player, absolute arse now.

We won't get Burke. He's apparently leaving Cardiff to go back to Scotland and be nearer his son. Anyway, we've got Albert so a rigt-sided midfielder is hardly top of the list anyway.

As for Koumas, he had a great season about 4 years ago with West Brom at this level but not done much since. Don't recall him making much of an impact this season, now over 30 and started to get lots of niggling injuries - No thank you.

My favourite bit of the article on the BBC website in relation to this is:

"On-loan players Craig Bellamy, Jason Brown, Stephen Bywater, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jason Koumas, Seyi Olofinjana and Jlloyd Samuel are to return to their parent clubs".

That's 7 loan players they had at the end of the season which is insane and I'm not sure why anyone is allowed to have a squad boosted with loan players to such an extent. It will be interesting to see if they have the cash to replace the players they will lose.

Thinking about it, with Bothroyd being available, clubs potentially looking at Nicky, may have a preference for Bothroyd over NM which will be good for us. Selfish I know but good for us.

Wouldn't think so, Maynard is almost 5 years younger than Bothroyd and has huge potential.

If he goes NM will be signed by a bigger club imo, the likes of Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, or Everton will probably be interested.

Bothroyd to the likes Fulham, Bolton, QPR, Wolves or Stoke.

He'll end up with more England caps than Bothroyd too.

Chris Burke --> Gone

Jay Bothroyd --> Gone

Craig Bellamy --> Gone

Jason Brown --> Gone

Stephen Bywater --> Gone

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas --> Gone

Jason Koumas --> Gone

Gavin Rae --> Gone

Martin John --> Gone

Adam Matthews --> Gone

Ohh dear

imagine the outcry by cardiff fans if any of them signed for us.

to put it into context . . . . .

Imagine the outcry if some of our best players refused to sign new deals and ended up playing for them?

i know some of them are loans but you know what i mean.

Archived