IGNORED

When (If?) We Get To The Prem...

Harito495

When we get to the prem do you see us becoming an up & down team ? or do you see us as a consistent middle table team slowly pushing up ?

I personally see the latter happening just keep our head above water for a few seasons & slowly progress each season.

Slow progression and not bankrupt the club, Lansdown as been chasing the dream in the last few years i think, when the Coppell thing failed he thought imo, time to build again and with the young exciting players we have at this club with some more good buys we will be a very good Championship side and be a Prem club in the next five years, that with the stadium is his ultimate dream.

Slow progression and not bankrupt the club, Lansdown as been chasing the dream in the last few years i think, when the Coppell thing failed he thought imo, time to build again and with the young exciting players we have at this club with some more good buys we will be a very good Championship side and be a Prem club in the next five years, that with the stadium is his ultimate dream.

Does sound good...

In all honesty think this way is better as you can establish yourself as a good championship team then progress onto a good Premier League team...

Rather than dash into the prem un-prepared !

If we do get there, champions league has to be the aim, aim high and miss resulting in mid table is better than aiming low (17th) and missing just

Too little ambition.

We should be aiming to dominate the league for about 15 years. Until a large proportion of Mancunians, Scousers and Londoners are wearing replica Bristol City shirts, we should not rest on our laurels.

Hic.

If we go up we'd come back down with about 15 points, then be a mid-table team in the championship but with fans with even higher expectations than they do now.

I know Millie is a rookie and all that and I have been one of his critics but even I think we would garner a few more points than that.

That said it is hardly the point is it; the millions on offer are simply too good a business proposition to pass up.

I love this forum...it's hilarious.

Champions league someone mentioned...Seriously?

There are so many Clubs wanting the same thing as us, and willing to splash the cash.

We will never imho, make the Premier League and stay up, unless we are willing to spend more than we do.

I know it sounds pathetic, but that's how football has become.

Just my humble opinion of course and no disrespect to others who have different views. But i love the optimism some of our fans have. Which to some degree worries me, as expectations and pressure on players and management must be really high, if that is what is expected on our budget.

I do not see why getting to the premier league has to be the be all and end all of the ambition of the club. Most of the teams in the championship next year have been to the promised land and I do not see any of them as superior in any way. I would like stability, as little if no debt as possible. A growing fan base in a focused community. If the prem comes I would be over the moon but what would be the cost of the promised land. :violin:

I'll be honest, we will struggle to make mid table next season let alone promotion :w00t: There is about 12 teams wanting to do the same as us:

Forest

Cardiff

Leeds

West ham

Brum

Blackpool

Ipswich

Leicester

Swansea or reading

Burnley

Brighton

Saints

There are some big clubs in that list with a good backing so its not going to be easy thats for sure!

I'll be honest, we will struggle to make mid table next season let alone promotion :w00t: There is about 12 teams wanting to do the same as us:

Forest

Cardiff

Leeds

West ham

Brum

Blackpool

Ipswich

Leicester

Swansea or reading

Burnley

Brighton

Saints

There are some big clubs in that list with a good backing so its not going to be easy thats for sure!

The sad thing is, there seems to be many fans who think we are bigger and better than the majority of those Clubs. A reality check is needed.

Take Ipswich for example...Surely we could be like them? People are talking of how well they are expected to do next season. They are not mentioning us. Is their faceless Chairman willing to put his hand in his pocket a bit further? Have they got a better manager or squad than us? A bigger Season Ticket fan base? More or less wage bill? What's the difference that sets us apart? Imho...Money.

Theres no way of telling what our stance will be until we get there. And we will.

Obviously the belief will be there that we can sustain prem status but who knows what financial strategy the board will put in place or what manager we will have.

We might go up with a hollowhead type manager whos stubborn in their ways and wont change their philosophy even if its needed for the good of results.

Equally we may have a manager whos willing to do whatever it takes for survival even if it may be boring football.

We might go up with a hollowhead type manager whos stubborn in their ways and wont change their philosophy even if its needed for the good of results.

Equally we may have a manager whos willing to do whatever it takes for survival even if it may be boring football.

Need a manager with flexilibty tbh. Amazing how many there are at all levels out there without a flexible approach really, cannot think of many who can get their sides playing in several ways. Fergie springs to mind, but many more seem pretty stubborn really. Look at Capello, won CL, La Liga, Serie A yet stuck in his ways! If I was a manager (I wish, it's a great job) I would certainly take a flexible adaptable approach- yet so many seem incapable or unwilling to do so.Specifically about Hollowhead though, he was one dimensional this year but have read that he used to be a long ball manager until a year out of the game in which he studied many different types of football and changed his approach accordingly.

Forest

Cardiff

Leeds

West ham

Brum

Blackpool

Ipswich

Leicester

Swansea or reading

Burnley

Brighton

Saints

Absolutely spot on. In our current position we'll be in a relegation fight. But with some signings, and I mean good signings I hope we should be finishing around mid-table, possibly the same position as the season just gone. But then again you cannot predict football and anything can happen. Maybe Keith and the team will stun us next season (that would be nice!).

I think Birmingham will run away with the league though. Great manager in my view. I can also see the play off positions changing rapidly between each game. It's going to be more of a crazy season than the one just gone on positions and points difference.

The sad thing is, there seems to be many fans who think we are bigger and better than the majority of those Clubs. A reality check is needed.

Take Ipswich for example...Surely we could be like them? People are talking of how well they are expected to do next season. They are not mentioning us. Is their faceless Chairman willing to put his hand in his pocket a bit further? Have they got a better manager or squad than us? A bigger Season Ticket fan base? More or less wage bill? What's the difference that sets us apart? Imho...Money.

For a start they have won a european cup and have been in the premier league, have an experienced manager who is a great motivator, bigger fanbase and stadium and more money with the likes of bullard and scotland.

For a start they have won a european cup and have been in the premier league, have an experienced manager who is a great motivator, bigger fanbase and stadium and more money with the likes of bullard and scotland.

Apart from the European Cup win many moons ago, and the short space of time in the Prem, their fanbase i wouldn't say is bigger than ours, they may get a few more thousand fans, but they still only fill their Stadium 63% on average. What's stopping us having a manager like him? As for the money...I believe if you have the millions to invest, and have a dream of Premier League football, then you have to be willing to compete with others in your League financially, and stop faffing about wasting money every season.

Too little ambition.

We should be aiming to dominate the league for about 15 years. Until a large proportion of Mancunians, Scousers and Londoners are wearing replica Bristol City shirts, we should not rest on our laurels.

Hic.

Totally agree, clearly people of this forum lack ambition.

We should aim to go up next season and knock Man Utd off their ******g perch. Realistically champions league should be easy to achieve in 3 years from our current position, we are amazing and definitely the biggest club in the Championship

Archived