IGNORED

Transfers

frenchred

Been a fair old few transfers as it happens lot more than 10!. But why let that get in the way of anything. Yes some wont be ratified until the window happens but there you go

Here is a list so far

Add to that the near announcements of David De Gea to Man United and Charlie Adam to Liverpool if his tweets are anything to go by, then as said in the other thread. We should be a bit more proactive. Ye t its the same old righ footballs closed we will comeback and deal with the mess in a couple of weeks spiel. Despite our manager saying that he wanted to get things done early and since retracting it. ISTR GJ saying that Playoffs would mess around with transfers because of leaving it late. We are nearly past that now and still we appeear to be leaving it.

Its not a clamour for a new signing. Its more a case of people saying they want a settle side to know their roles and get on with it. Instead it appears on the face of it the same old same old, yet again.fastasleep.gif

How many more times have you got to explain it. It's not about us cherry picking the players we want is it,if it was all our dealings would be done by now. There is 91 other clubs all wanting players. Before anyone says that KM said he would get players in early, he didn't, he said he WOULD LIKE TO get players in early. Thats a big difference. :rolleyes:

The May Championship transfers (4 as far as I can see, 3 of which are players Derby have had on loan and the other a player I have not heard of to Milwall) don't amount to anything at all. The rest are released (i.e. unwanted) players snapping up an offer for fear of being left on the shelf and involve League 1 and 2 teams. I assume we don't want Nobby Solano who is the biggest (and oldest) name there? Or perhaps David Prutton is the answer to our midfield problem? The significant move from a Championship club is McAuley. It has been alleged in the past we wanted him. Unsurprisingly he has chosen WBA.

There are 3 players we know Keith definitely wants, all of whom have options and 2 of whom almost certainly are still be wanted by their clubs. Getting any of them will take time. If they turn us down, going after the next on the list will also take time. None of that seems surprising, unless anybody seriously expected Jones, Caulker and Spence to sign the day the season ended. We are likely to have competition for any other players on our list, if they are any good. Adding in holidays, agents, clubs playing hard ball, wives being persuaded Bristol isn't Here Be Dragons territory and sundry other factors all adds up to delay.

Keith should have kept his gob shut; he does have a tendency to give hostages to fortune. Inevitably he expressed an aspiration and it has been taken as both a promise and a guarantee.

couldn't of said it better myself......................so i won't

The long standing argument is that due to agents and clubs being cagey in their methods at this time of the year, little activity takes place.

My personal view is that the club lacks the reputation (at this moment in time) to attract players rapidly. Hopefully this will improve with our recent luck obtaining a number of England youth players.

Well the longer this jovial chap sits on his contract the more we will lose in his future transfer value, you may have all the time in the world to pick your moment as you dont have a sell on value to your company. Unfortunately the world of football is oh so different. I'm pleased that you wish to share your new contract details with everyone, good luck.

His sell-on value will change very little over the course of the month. He is right to take his time. He's into the last year of his contract now, so we're not likely to get what is quoted for him. Our major hope if he wants to move is that he signs to push his value back up, but then he might risk pricing himself out of a move. A bit of realism is what's required here, the fella has a short shelf life.

And I didn't reveal any details, I merely used a personal situation to highlight my point.

There are always very few transfers right across the game until late June and early July. It's not unusual or surprising.

There are at least three parties in every transfer and only one of them usually benefits from doing it early.

Archived