IGNORED

Transfers

frenchred

why do we always wait until the last minuite to make transfers why dont we ever go for players straight away not having to rush it to like 6 hours before the end of the transfer season any1 agree with me because we never start off straight away

I'm sorry

Free agents are not aloud to move until June 1st

Transfers are not aloud to take place until July 1st

The new season doesn't start until August 25th ish

How many teams in the championship have signed players? 2?

How many teams in the country have signed player 8?

Our manager is on holiday our chairman is stepping down next week and our new chairman is on holiday, so how is the club going to conduct these transfers your demanding?

Just wait we'll get players in but prolly not until july

why do we always wait until the last minuite to make transfers why dont we ever go for players straight away not having to rush it to like 6 hours before the end of the transfer season any1 agree with me because we never start off straight away

Post a link to all the NPC clubs that have signed new players already. You'll struggle to find one, if any. Cardiff have only just released their 'not retained' list.

Its very early days and lots of football people - including players and managers are on their hols right now..We won't see much action for at least a month or so.

I'm sorry

Free agents are not aloud to move until June 1st

Transfers are not aloud to take place until July 1st

The new season doesn't start until August 25th ishHow many teams in the championship have signed players? 2?

How many teams in the country have signed player 8?

Our manager is on holiday our chairman is stepping down next week and our new chairman is on holiday, so how is the club going to conduct these transfers your demanding?

Just wait we'll get players in but prolly not until july

Monk , the new season starts August 6th.....wouldn't want you to miss it !!!

i bet you we wont get any transfers until august

Really? I Don't. Im sure we'll see at least one in June, with a few more spreading across July & August. Perhaps you don't know how the transfer system works. Players & Agents will be looking for the best move possible, there's no rush they want to keep their options open. And clubs are not going to throw massive wage offers at them to make sure he signs asap. Some clubs have already picked up players who are free agents which makes it easier for the club. The mad rush of signing players starts a few weeks before the start of the season, due to players wanting a game etc. And ofcourse the last day of the transfer window.

Better to have players signed later than not at all.

Really? I Don't. Im sure we'll see at least one in June, with a few more spreading across July & August. Perhaps you don't know how the transfer system works. Players & Agents will be looking for the best move possible, there's no rush they want to keep their options open. And clubs are not going to throw massive wage offers at them to make sure he signs asap. Some clubs have already picked up players who are free agents which makes it easier for the club. The mad rush of signing players starts a few weeks before the start of the season, due to players wanting a game etc. And ofcourse the last day of the transfer window.

Better to have players signed later than not at all.

i bet we wont

Been a fair old few transfers as it happens lot more than 10!. But why let that get in the way of anything. Yes some wont be ratified until the window happens but there you go

Here is a list so far

Add to that the near announcements of David De Gea to Man United and Charlie Adam to Liverpool if his tweets are anything to go by, then as said in the other thread. We should be a bit more proactive. Ye t its the same old righ footballs closed we will comeback and deal with the mess in a couple of weeks spiel. Despite our manager saying that he wanted to get things done early and since retracting it. ISTR GJ saying that Playoffs would mess around with transfers because of leaving it late. We are nearly past that now and still we appeear to be leaving it.

Its not a clamour for a new signing. Its more a case of people saying they want a settle side to know their roles and get on with it. Instead it appears on the face of it the same old same old, yet again.fastasleep.gif

The May Championship transfers (4 as far as I can see, 3 of which are players Derby have had on loan and the other a player I have not heard of to Milwall) don't amount to anything at all. The rest are released (i.e. unwanted) players snapping up an offer for fear of being left on the shelf and involve League 1 and 2 teams. I assume we don't want Nobby Solano who is the biggest (and oldest) name there? Or perhaps David Prutton is the answer to our midfield problem? The significant move from a Championship club is McAuley. It has been alleged in the past we wanted him. Unsurprisingly he has chosen WBA.

There are 3 players we know Keith definitely wants, all of whom have options and 2 of whom almost certainly are still be wanted by their clubs. Getting any of them will take time. If they turn us down, going after the next on the list will also take time. None of that seems surprising, unless anybody seriously expected Jones, Caulker and Spence to sign the day the season ended. We are likely to have competition for any other players on our list, if they are any good. Adding in holidays, agents, clubs playing hard ball, wives being persuaded Bristol isn't Here Be Dragons territory and sundry other factors all adds up to delay.

Keith should have kept his gob shut; he does have a tendency to give hostages to fortune. Inevitably he expressed an aspiration and it has been taken as both a promise and a guarantee.

We cant even get our own player to sign a new contract let alone sign other players. Maynard is stalling and we should make his mind up for him, June is just around the corner and better to give ourselves a chance of getting a good price now then wait for him to tell us end of July he's not signing and everyone else has blown their budget.

We cant even get our own player to sign a new contract let alone sign other players. Maynard is stalling and we should make his mind up for him, June is just around the corner and better to give ourselves a chance of getting a good price now then wait for him to tell us end of July he's not signing and everyone else has blown their budget.

no you moron as stated in the evening post BCFC.co.uk the mirror the sun the telegraph and about every other ******* media source there is Keith Millen Colin Sexton and Nicky Maynard are all on holiday and the contract will not be signed until they are back in 2 weeks time

Will you stop your one man crusade against maynard your as bad as robbo is with johnson

no you moron as stated in the evening post BCFC.co.uk the mirror the sun the telegraph and about every other ******* media source there is Keith Millen Colin Sexton and Nicky Maynard are all on holiday and the contract will not be signed until they are back in 2 weeks time

Will you stop your one man crusade against maynard your as bad as robbo is with johnson

So he's been on holiday for a month? Dick.

Funny how Adomah managed to sign a contract in just over a week, perhaps you work for Bristol City Council and are used to taking so long to fill out forms, he's had this offer over a month, no distractions either. One man crusade? I just realise when someone is taking the piss out of the club.

So he's been on holiday for a month? Dick.

Funny how Adomah managed to sign a contract in just over a week, perhaps you work for Bristol City Council and are used to taking so long to fill out forms, he's had this offer over a month, no distractions either. One man crusade? I just realise when someone is taking the piss out of the club.

a month? what the heck are you talking about? no one has been away for a month?

The difference the the adomah and Maynard contracts are massive and maynard was always going to be a more long winded situation.

doesn't matter when the players come in, ideally you want them with you before portugal trip.

That's looking likely.

But there will always be players who don't/won't commit to transfer till the last minute, just look at Last Season even a experience manager like Coppell took until the end of July to bring in the big signings.

doesn't matter when the players come in, ideally you want them with you before portugal trip.

That's looking likely.

But there will always be players who don't/won't commit to transfer till the last minute, just look at Last Season even a experience manager like Coppell took until the end of July to bring in the big signings.

any names not mentioned on here Mr ITK?

a month? what the heck are you talking about? no one has been away for a month?

The difference the the adomah and Maynard contracts are massive and maynard was always going to be a more long winded situation.

He's sat on the new contract for a month. He hasn't been on holiday for a month.

It's quite simple Donald, do pay attention.

That's looking likely.

Haha, Steve Coppell, that joke of a man had the job before the end of last season, it was him who decided to do FA, favouring golf trips with his son and watching Brentford. I wouldn't piss on the man if he was on fire.

Haha, Steve Coppell, that joke of a man had the job before the end of last season, it was him who decided to do FA, favouring golf trips with his son and watching Brentford. I wouldn't piss on the man if he was on fire.

You're a jovial chap.

I love how we lose all perspective about jobs/careers when it comes to football. I'm currently sat on a job offer with a hefty payrise, and in a place that were it a football team it would be Barcelona. However, I'm 99% sure I'll turn it down to stay at my Championship-level place at the moment as the time isn't right. But I'm not sure. I've been sat on it for two weeks so far.

Why should Nicky Maynard be any different? And if he wants to move on and better himself, who can really blame him?

You're a jovial chap.

I love how we lose all perspective about jobs/careers when it comes to football. I'm currently sat on a job offer with a hefty payrise, and in a place that were it a football team it would be Barcelona. However, I'm 99% sure I'll turn it down to stay at my Championship-level place at the moment as the time isn't right. But I'm not sure. I've been sat on it for two weeks so far.

Why should Nicky Maynard be any different? And if he wants to move on and better himself, who can really blame him?

Well the longer this jovial chap sits on his contract the more we will lose in his future transfer value, you may have all the time in the world to pick your moment as you dont have a sell on value to your company. Unfortunately the world of football is oh so different. I'm pleased that you wish to share your new contract details with everyone, good luck.

Archived