IGNORED

Gary Penrice

oldfield

No, Blagdon, this thread about the Elephant Man has put me in mind of the likes of David Mehew, Devon White, Ian ******* Alexander, Carl Saunders, Phil Bater, Gerry Fatty Francis, Hollowhead and Putrid, and I'm feeling decidedly sick, and absolutely bloody FURIOUS.banghead.gif

I'm off to bed, and I don't expect to sleep well AT ALL. ranting.gif

Despite all that Uncle Ben rice is an excellent scout, sweet dreams tongue.gif

Seems like a lot of us have net him. I met him in a club in Bristol about 20 years ago. He was there with bobby hutchinson and several other ALL city players. We had a good crack for about an hour. Like others have said; if it makes good business sense and, as I have also heard, he is good at finding talent then bring him in.

From Wikipedia:

"Penrice was in the same class as Blackpool manager Ian Holloway ranting.gif at school and they still remain close friends today.

Since his retirement Penrice has stuck with his friend Ian Holloway ranting.gif as his assistant manager at Bristol Rovers and later QPR.

After leaving Rangers Penrice followed Holloway ranting.gifto Plymouth as chief scout.

He left Plymouth to rejoin Holloway ranting.gifat Leicester as head of recruitment.

In 2008 he joined Tony Pulis speechless-smiley-040.gifranting.gif at Stoke as European scout." banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

That Wiki page is wrong, Penny went to Chase School, Mangotsfield and Holloway went to SBL. He was in the same class as Keith Curle.

Scouted for Rovers, QPR, Plymouth, Leicester and Stoke

He is European scout for Stoke

Zamora, Hayles, Roberts, Cureton, Ebanks-Blake, Halmosi etc... Highly rated scout with local, domestic and european knowledge.

My bad. Get him in with that cv. I dont know why but i thought he was with rovers youth until pulis nabbed him.

From Wikipedia:

"Penrice was in the same class as Blackpool manager Ian Holloway ranting.gif at school and they still remain close friends today.

Since his retirement Penrice has stuck with his friend Ian Holloway ranting.gif as his assistant manager at Bristol Rovers and later QPR.

After leaving Rangers Penrice followed Holloway ranting.gifto Plymouth as chief scout.

He left Plymouth to rejoin Holloway ranting.gifat Leicester as head of recruitment.

In 2008 he joined Tony Pulis speechless-smiley-040.gifranting.gif at Stoke as European scout." banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I am with Noggers on this one. This would put "Agent Akinde" firmly in the shade !!

No ! No ! No !

Hated the little runt with his spawny goals against us.

:ranting:

As a kid living near Wotton-under-edge (unfortunately more Rovers Fans than City) my next door neighbour was Gary Penrice's brother in law. Every time he came around we made sure that we were wearing our City shirts when we played football in the street. He was a top guy (for a Gashead) he would come out and play football with us and take the grief that we would give him.

Kenny Hibbert (not sure if that is the correct spelling) lived in the next village to us and again was a top bloke (good cricketer as well).

I personally don't care if they are ex Gas as long as they will give everything for the cause...

City till I die...

As a kid living near Wotton-under-edge (unfortunately more Rovers Fans than City) my next door neighbour was Gary Penrice's brother in law. Every time he came around we made sure that we were wearing our City shirts when we played football in the street. He was a top guy (for a Gashead) he would come out and play football with us and take the grief that we would give him.

Kenny Hibbert (not sure if that is the correct spelling) lived in the next village to us and again was a top bloke (good cricketer as well).

I personally don't care if they are ex Gas as long as they will give everything for the cause...

City till I die...

Have to agree with you here. I've met loads of Gas players over the years , through playing local cricket and football. Most of them are fine , in fact Vaughan Jones is probably one of the funniest blokes I've ever met. We should not disregard people just because they had a previous alliance with the blue few. If they are good at what they do , that should be all that matters.

Lets not forget one of the Ashton Gate 8 was an ex gashead.

Zamora, Hayles, Roberts, Cureton, Ebanks-Blake, Halmosi etc... Highly rated scout with local, domestic and european knowledge.

Hang on, Ebanks-Blake was in Man U's youth team so can't of been his.

Cureton, Hayles and Roberts have hardly been prolific in the top 2 divisions in their career, and actually isn't Hayles old enough that he would of played with Penrice?

:city: Even though he is a gas head after reading Holloway's autobiography I have great respect for him a a scout and a great eye for a player,Holloway says that he gave him a list of youngsters names to try for at Man Utd a even Alex Ferguson asked who was giving him the names as he had a good eye.

would be a good scout for City.

:city: Even though he is a gas head after reading Holloway's autobiography I have great respect for him a a scout and a great eye for a player,Holloway says that he gave him a list of youngsters names to try for at Man Utd a even Alex Ferguson asked who was giving him the names as he had a good eye.

would be a good scout for City.

I would burn that book after reading about three lines, why on earth did you put yourself through that???!!!

Nowadays we make our heomework so I trust the club will have a close look on the list of players he actually has recommended over the years.

Closing in on his fiftees recommending players to the likes of Wigan, Stoke and Blackpool he might not fit our standard.

No reason to employ him anyway.

i assume you mean he is too good for us!

Mendip - coming from 'their side of town' increases your hostility to them as you get to realise first hand every day of your life how much they hate City (and are also insanely jealous of us). If Penrice is at heart a City fan a la Marcus Stewart, then I would soften my stance. If not and he is in it for the money I think there are lots of other scouts out there that are not ex Rovers.

I might change my mind if Penrice is willing to prove he has put his foul gaseous past behind him by changing his name by deed poll and having some plastic surgery.

Bristol City's new chief scout, BOB TAYLOR - that's more like it.winner_third_h4h.gifcity.gif

Just a question:

As Stoke's "European scout" who have Stoke ever signed from Europe?

From memory, their only European players are:

Sorensen (Villa), Huth, (Boro'), Tuncay (Boro' again) and er. that it, I think .........

So seeing as Birmingham and Middlesbrough are not exactly far away and most (all?) of Stoke's players are signed from British clubs, what does their European scout do, then?

Of course I haven't played golf with Holloway's mate and I didn't think when he was playing for the blue few under Francis, what a nice bloke that number 10 is, the one who has just put the ball in our net following Devon White's assault on our centre half, but maybe that's just me.............

Just a question:

As Stoke's "European scout" who have Stoke ever signed from Europe?

From memory, their only European players are:

Sorensen (Villa), Huth, (Boro'), Tuncay (Boro' again) and er. that it, I think .........

So seeing as Birmingham and Middlesbrough are not exactly far away and most (all?) of Stoke's players are signed from British clubs, what does their European scout do, then?

Of course I haven't played golf with Holloway's mate and I didn't think when he was playing for the blue few under Francis, what a nice bloke that number 10 is, the one who has just put the ball in our net following Devon White's assault on our centre half, but maybe that's just me.............

And the end of last year Stoke City signed two players representing our U-16 national team. Even a blind hen etc.

They are Smajl Suljevic, centre back and William Ankarhake, forward.

Archived