IGNORED

Gary Penrice

oldfield

Posted twice at the same time by different posters....where the hell has this come from?!?

Heeeeeee's the meanest, he sucks a horse's....erm...Pulis..., Gaaary Penrice is a horse's arse!!!! Loved that song....really do need to start singing that about someone again this season!!!!

Posted twice at the same time by different posters....where the hell has this come from?!?

Heeeeeee's the meanest, he sucks a horse's....erm...Pulis..., Gaaary Penrice is a horse's arse!!!! Loved that song....really do need to start singing that about someone again this season!!!!

We used to sing that for Trevor Morgan and he loved it.clapping.gif

As for The Elephant Man - NO.

Millen will know him from their time at Watford , they're probably mates. Couldn't stick him when he played for the other lot , but if he's good at his job and Millen trusts him , who knows.

Where did this story come from?

Also for those with very good memories Penrice is not quite as blue as you may think he started his career with City and got released for a combination of City being skint and him being 'too small'.

Obviously we got it spot on cos went on to spend much of his career in the top flight and transferred for some big fees!

I'd say Stoke's transfer dealings have been pretty useful so would welcome him.

I have two words for that suggestion - NO & NO. Let Rovers fill their club with City rejects - Phillips, Coles, Sawyer, Williams, Akinde etc we don't want Gasheads polluting our team.

S Glos..... with that level of gas hatred you will surely agree that you should ban yourself from the gate and this forum - you do, afterall, come from THEIR side of town!!!!

On a personal note, i've played football against Gary, and Golf with him on quiet a few occasions in the past. You couldn't meet a nicer person.

I think he would be a great addition for the Club. He know's his stuff and was apparantly used at Stoke for his European market knowledge.

The whole Gasheads thing goes over my head...Apparantly it's ok for our players to go and play for the Gas, but a lad who was rejected by us at the start of his career for being too small, then proving us wrong, then to come back to where he started out and help us out is wrong? :disapointed2se:

Apparantly Terry Cooper is a legend for us and Marcus Stewart was welcomed with open arms... :tumbleweed: I just don't get it. Amongst fans yes...but this is business, for the good of the Club. I should imagine Gasheads would be more perturbed by it tbh.

Here's your link, not sure how credible this site is

http://www.bristolrovers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=242806

Never liked the bloke, who could, as he is from the era when we rarely beat them. I have heard however that he is highly thought of as a scout and a coach.

Indeed that's all I know, Very Good Scout, whether he will come is the main issue,

Personally I've not spoken to him for best part of 20 years, but was always a decent enough bloke despite his blue tendancies, but after getting the boot from City and then going to play at the highest level, I think he had every right to blow his own trumpet.

I think when it comes down to it, despite the obvious views, when you look at his ability and reputation as a Scout, he'd be a VERY good edition to the backroom staff, though some will just say....GAS

Wouldnt be my choice. Dont care if hes ex gas and looks a bit odd. Its the fact hes only ever scouted for stoke.

Hes probably only looking at british players for them who have all cost money that we cant pay at present due to being in the championship. Completely different brief to what we would give our no1 scout.

A scout for us will be to unearth a rough diamond alas albert. I doubt for one minute he would be told do that at stoke. Theres no time to develop a rough diamond in the prem.

On a personal note, i've played football against Gary, and Golf with him on quiet a few occasions in the past. You couldn't meet a nicer person.

I think he would be a great addition for the Club. He know's his stuff and was apparantly used at Stoke for his European market knowledge.

The whole Gasheads thing goes over my head...Apparantly it's ok for our players to go and play for the Gas, but a lad who was rejected by us at the start of his career for being too small, then proving us wrong, then to come back to where he started out and help us out is wrong? :disapointed2se:

Apparantly Terry Cooper is a legend for us and Marcus Stewart was welcomed with open arms... :tumbleweed: I just don't get it. Amongst fans yes...but this is business, for the good of the Club. I should imagine Gasheads would be more perturbed by it tbh.

Totally agree. And everyone is up in arms at the arrival of a sccessful ex-gas but i don't remember the outcry at the arrival of comparatively averarge ex-gas he's replacing (David Lee). There's only one thing that's important to me and that's the betterment of the current City team - Rovers have plenty of their own issues to deal with.

Penrice has a very good rep in the game and is ex city as well. I believe he scouted a lot of the decent strikers the blue few had in the 90s before having to sell them all on to fund the extra milk floats.

I wouldn't rule him out just for playing for the gas, he never conducted himself badly like that ******* ***** hollowhead.

Keith Millen will know him well from Watford too and the trust is important. I think I'd be fairly pleased to see him be the new chief scout.

Wouldnt be my choice. Dont care if hes ex gas and looks a bit odd. Its the fact hes only ever scouted for stoke.

Scouted for Rovers, QPR, Plymouth, Leicester and Stoke

Hes probably only looking at british players for them who have all cost money that we cant pay at present due to being in the championship. Completely different brief to what we would give our no1 scout.

He is European scout for Stoke

A scout for us will be to unearth a rough diamond alas albert. I doubt for one minute he would be told do that at stoke. Theres no time to develop a rough diamond in the prem.

Zamora, Hayles, Roberts, Cureton, Ebanks-Blake, Halmosi etc... Highly rated scout with local, domestic and european knowledge.

From Wikipedia:

"Penrice was in the same class as Blackpool manager Ian Holloway ranting.gif at school and they still remain close friends today.

Since his retirement Penrice has stuck with his friend Ian Holloway ranting.gif as his assistant manager at Bristol Rovers and later QPR.

After leaving Rangers Penrice followed Holloway ranting.gifto Plymouth as chief scout.

He left Plymouth to rejoin Holloway ranting.gifat Leicester as head of recruitment.

In 2008 he joined Tony Pulis speechless-smiley-040.gifranting.gif at Stoke as European scout." banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

• SC&T Board Members

From Wikipedia:

"Penrice was in the same class as Blackpool manager Ian Holloway ranting.gif at school and they still remain close friends today.

Since his retirement Penrice has stuck with his friend Ian Holloway ranting.gif as his assistant manager at Bristol Rovers and later QPR.

After leaving Rangers Penrice followed Holloway ranting.gifto Plymouth as chief scout.

He left Plymouth to rejoin Holloway ranting.gifat Leicester as head of recruitment.

In 2008 he joined Tony Pulis speechless-smiley-040.gifranting.gif at Stoke as European scout." banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Are you alright, Mr Nogbad? You seem a little red in the face!

Are you alright, Mr Nogbad? You seem a little red in the face!

No, Blagdon, this thread about the Elephant Man has put me in mind of the likes of David Mehew, Devon White, Ian ******* Alexander, Carl Saunders, Phil Bater, Gerry Fatty Francis, Hollowhead and Putrid, and I'm feeling decidedly sick, and absolutely bloody FURIOUS.banghead.gif

I'm off to bed, and I don't expect to sleep well AT ALL. ranting.gif

Archived