IGNORED

Ribeiro Injured Again?

herman

from bbc sport -

"Gareth Bale, James Collins, Sam Ricketts, Andrew Crofts, Joe Ledley, Ched Evans and stand-by duo Christian Ribiero and Brian Stock are all unavailable because of injury."

wasnt he fit for the end of the season...? injured AGAIN?

from bbc sport -

"Gareth Bale, James Collins, Sam Ricketts, Andrew Crofts, Joe Ledley, Ched Evans and stand-by duo Christian Ribiero and Brian Stock are all unavailable because of injury."

sorry, really rate him as a player, but about as reliable as Brooker!

from bbc sport -

Probably not fully recovered from the hamstring tear yet.

time to get shot, he's spent the best part of 3 years injured and can only manage 10 games a year,

we can't carry players like this no matter how good they are

Its a shame really

Or, he is less likely to suffer from "burn out" later in his career. There were people on here writing off Maynard and Wilson this season, I would wait to see what our fitness and conditioning coaches can do with him once he has recovered from this injury before jumping the gun. They have done a good job with those 2 and other players who looked fitter towards the end of the season including Stewart and Pitman.

Correct hence the reason he did not feature at the end of the season.

ah, fair enough lads - i stand corrected. i thought he had been declared fit towards the end of the season, but i guess not.

in that case a summer without intl. games is probably a good way for him to heal further

Or, he is less likely to suffer from "burn out" later in his career. There were people on here writing off Maynard and Wilson this season, I would wait to see what our fitness and conditioning coaches can do with him once he has recovered from this injury before jumping the gun. They have done a good job with those 2 and other players who looked fitter towards the end of the season including Stewart and Pitman.

yes but Maynard and Wilson was 1 injury

Riberio has been constantly injured for 3 years now (Steve Brooker mk 2)

and was plagued with injurys all the way through the acadamey which to me says he's injury prone and we can't afford to carry that sort of player

Edwards is the future at right back

Adomah is the future at right midfield

Wilson is the future at Centre back

I see no place for the injury prone ribero

which is sad as he could be a very good play but his body clearly isn't up to it

He's young and already has a worse injury recored then darren anderton

yes but Maynard and Wilson was 1 injury

Riberio has been constantly injured for 3 years now (Steve Brooker mk 2)

and was plagued with injurys all the way through the acadamey which to me says he's injury prone and we can't afford to carry that sort of player

Edwards is the future at right back

Adomah is the future at right midfield

Wilson is the future at Centre back

I see no place for the injury prone ribero

which is sad as he could be a very good play but his body clearly isn't up to it

He's young and already has a worse injury recored then darren anderton

Maynard had a nasty injury at Crewe. So he could be a little injury prone.

"Disaster struck on the opening day of the 2007/2008 season when just 20 minutes into our home match with Brighton, Maynard suffered a fractured fibula and ankle ligament damage. It was an injury that kept him out of action for four months and left new first team coach Steve Holland struggling for goals. "

Maynard had a nasty injury at Crewe i think.

He broke his leg at Crewe , that can happen to any player. Continual muscular injuries are worrying , especially in a player as young as Ribs.

I get the impression the physios at City have been concentrating on Maynard and players like Ribs have to take second fiddle. I understand Ribs is fit and recovered and has been for several weeks he has

had sessions at Lilleshaw and some proper Physio .Some one posted that he was unfit and injurry prone all through the academy and to be blunt thats just utter rollocks.

I hope he makes it

I get the impression the physios at City have been concentrating on Maynard and players like Ribs have to take second fiddle. I understand Ribs is fit and recovered and has been for several weeks he has

had sessions at Lilleshaw and some proper Physio .Some one posted that he was unfit and injurry prone all through the academy and to be blunt thats just utter rollocks.

I hope he makes it

Are you related to him?

The fact the Keith wants a right back suggests he doen't think Ribeio is good enough, fit enough, or both, to be his first choice.

I would suggest the evidence points largely to the latter.

He really has had such rotten luck so far in his career; so injury prone. How much longer we can keep him on the payroll when he gets injured incessantly is anybody's guess but i would have thought that unless he makes a consistent breakthrough this season we will see him released or moved on.

I would suggest the evidence points largely to the latter.

He really has had such rotten luck so far in his career; so injury prone. How much longer we can keep him on the payroll when he gets injured incessantly is anybody's guess but i would have thought that unless he makes a consistent breakthrough this season we will see him released or moved on.

Almost certainly right imo.

Archived