IGNORED

Could We Still Get The World Cup?

InCider

Was just watching BBC news and someone mentioned that a re-run of the bidding process could take place. Bearing in mind the lack of votes we received last time, I'm not sure we'd even be in the running, so wouldn't get my hopes up. However, did anyone else see this and know of the likelyhood? Would a re-run help sway the council's decision on the 'green'?

Was just watching BBC news and someone mentioned that a re-run of the bidding process could take place. Bearing in mind the lack of votes we received last time, I'm not sure we'd even be in the running, so wouldn't get my hopes up. However, did anyone else see this and know of the likelyhood? Would a re-run help sway the council's decision on the 'green'?

Depends on what we can offer..................... :englandsmile4wf:

Have to say that I think it's very unlikely to be rerun, however I don't understand the comment above, as surely a rerun would cover both the Russia and Qatar bids, and I don't think any further than that has been announced. :blink:

Nope. Basic reason being that 2018 is in Europe hence 2022 needs to be outside Europe.

It's not really Russia 2018 that under questioning. Even if there was a re-vote it would still go to them. It's the fact it has been handed to a mostly unheard of Arab country for for 2022 that being questioned. I still believe the 2022 thing was very dodgy. A re-vote won't happen as a back hander will resolve the situation, saving FIFAs "Credibility"...

It's not really Russia 2018 that under questioning. Even if there was a re-vote it would still go to them. It's the fact it has been handed to a mostly unheard of Arab country for for 2022 that being questioned. I still believe the 2022 thing was very dodgy. A re-vote won't happen as a back hander will resolve the situation, saving FIFAs "Credibility"...

Yes true- hence why we won't be eligible in 2022 as it won't be in Europe.

Surely it's the whloe process and FIFA under scrutiny.

If FIFA officals take oil money from Qatar, why would'nt they take oil money from Russia (with love)?

Surely it's the whloe process and FIFA under scrutiny.

If FIFA officals take oil money from Qatar, why would'nt they take oil money from Russia (with love)?

Precisely. FIFA has been neck deep in bungs for decades; will anything happen from this current debacle?.. i sincerely hope so but i doubt it. The FA have once again shown their true colours by being somewhat half hearted in their views. As David Davis says they should be soliciting support from as many associations across the globe as they possible can to contribute to the downfall, once and for all, of this shambolic, decrepit and bung cultured organisation. If Blatter had been a CEO in any other organisation he would have gone a decade ago.

They should be disbanded and a new organisation, with HQ in England, established in the home of football. Why? because who else can be trusted. Filth lurks in every corner. englandsmile4wf.gif

Precisely. FIFA has been neck deep in bungs for decades; will anything happen from this current debacle?.. i sincerely hope so but i doubt it. The FA have once again shown their true colours by being somewhat half hearted in their views. As David Davis says they should be soliciting support from as many associations across the globe as they possible can to contribute to the downfall, once and for all, of this shambolic, decrepit and bung cultured organisation. If Blatter had been a CEO in any other organisation he would have gone a decade ago.

They should be disbanded and a new organisation, with HQ in England, established in the home of football. Why? because who else can be trusted. Filth lurks in every corner. englandsmile4wf.gif

What amazes me is the shock by some people that corruption exists, pure horror i see from some people...you guys need to understand this is how business is done, and will always be done. When I was a buyer for ****** I took bribes, **** yeah! why not? its accepted buyers get pressies, but nothing is for free. and just becuase you accpet gifts, does not mean to say you have unprofessional intentions.

A Thai Police officer for instance has to pay for his motorbike, gun, uniform everything, he also gets paid an utter pittance, not even enough for a Thai to live on. However, its widely accepted and matter of fact that in Thailand the Police take bribes, wherever, from the public, shop owners, drivers, bar owners whatever, it happens. DISGUSTING! I hear you say...oh really? I disagree.

SO look at the UK. Shiny new Police officers, paid a small fortune, didnt have to pay out for shit, uncorrectable almost, or it would cost you a LOT to bribe one, they have too much to lose right? So why is the Thai and UK Police officer so very different? Its becuase we are TAxed to buggery in the UK, tax is just another form of corruption imo, I'm sure you all see it. Dont get upset with corruption, accept it happens and blame the internet for brining it to your sheltered attentions.

When I get stopped driving in Asia i know i'm gonna be out of pocket, but no point arguing unless you want to get shot, be nice, ask about his kids, how many has he got, and hand him £10 or whatever to get them new shoes, there...no corruption there, I'm just helping a person buy his kids some shoes, and does his Gov tax its people like mofo's? NO.

What amazes me is the shock by some people that corruption exists, pure horror i see from some people...you guys need to understand this is how business is done, and will always be done. When I was a buyer for ****** I took bribes, **** yeah! why not? its accepted buyers get pressies, but nothing is for free. and just becuase you accpet gifts, does not mean to say you have unprofessional intentions.

A Thai Police officer for instance has to pay for his motorbike, gun, uniform everything, he also gets paid an utter pittance, not even enough for a Thai to live on. However, its widely accepted and matter of fact that in Thailand the Police take bribes, wherever, from the public, shop owners, drivers, bar owners whatever, it happens. DISGUSTING! I hear you say...oh really? I disagree.

SO look at the UK. Shiny new Police officers, paid a small fortune, didnt have to pay out for shit, uncorrectable almost, or it would cost you a LOT to bribe one, they have too much to lose right? So why is the Thai and UK Police officer so very different? Its becuase we are TAxed to buggery in the UK, tax is just another form of corruption imo, I'm sure you all see it. Dont get upset with corruption, accept it happens and blame the internet for brining it to your sheltered attentions.

When I get stopped driving in Asia i know i'm gonna be out of pocket, but no point arguing unless you want to get shot, be nice, ask about his kids, how many has he got, and hand him £10 or whatever to get them new shoes, there...no corruption there, I'm just helping a person buy his kids some shoes, and does his Gov tax its people like mofo's? NO.

The comparison, in all carey fairness, between a thai police officer on a few baht's a month and FIFA officials on thousands is, with respect, not a good one for your argument. The point being the former need it to survive, no issues for me there, whereas the latter already get a nice little earner, nice lifestyle, plenty of overseas visits to broaden the mind and have some fun. In short, FIFA officials take bungs out of pure greed instead of pure need and that in an organization that simply has to be largely whiter than white because it is the worlds governing body for the worlds biggest sport and needs to set a correct example.

A clear out is long overdue because the majority watching this story are disillusioned with world football right now and FIFA, and by definition Blatter, are fully and squarely to blame for that. His tenure and frankly that decrepit Brasillian bung fest professional before him have brought world football into disrepute.

The comparison, in all carey fairness, between a thai police officer on a few baht's a month and FIFA officials on thousands is, with respect, not a good one for your argument. The point being the former need it to survive, no issues for me there, whereas the latter already get a nice little earner, nice lifestyle, plenty of overseas visits to broaden the mind and have some fun. In short, FIFA officials take bungs out of pure greed instead of pure need and that in an organization that simply has to be largely whiter than white because it is the worlds governing body for the worlds biggest sport and needs to set a correct example.

A clear out is long overdue because the majority watching this story are disillusioned with world football right now and FIFA, and by definition Blatter, are fully and squarely to blame for that. His tenure and frankly that decrepit Brasillian bung fest professional before him have brought world football into disrepute.

Mm no not when you put it like that, but my point was mostly that corruption happens at every level. Had it not been for the media and internet etc It would be none of my concern and I would be happy in blissful ignorance about such things. :)

It cuts both ways, if all someone wanted was a Knighthood for the WC then........ WHY THE ***** DID WE NOT GIVE IT HIM!!?!? :doh::w00t:

Seriously, I dont need to know about this shit, I've got more important things in my life without adding corruption at FIFA to my repertoire.

I'm selfish in saying I would be happy for my Gov to give and receive bribes in order to progress the country, and shit lets be honest, its not like thats not been going on anyway!! Anyways, If one day I woke up and saw the paper saying ENGLAND GET WC I would be like, OMG i thrilled!!!, would I care that it cost us a Knighthood? Would anyone? and be serious!!

Greed...Where do we begin...the human race..... OK anyone interested about greed needs to read this book The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins.

In fact read anything by Richard Dawkins, he's as genius as Hawking

Mm no not when you put it like that, but my point was mostly that corruption happens at every level. Had it not been for the media and internet etc It would be none of my concern and I would be happy in blissful ignorance about such things. :)

It cuts both ways, if all someone wanted was a Knighthood for the WC then........ WHY THE ***** DID WE NOT GIVE IT HIM!!?!? :doh::w00t:

Seriously, I dont need to know about this shit, I've got more important things in my life without adding corruption at FIFA to my repertoire.

I'm selfish in saying I would be happy for my Gov to give and receive bribes in order to progress the country, and shit lets be honest, its not like thats not been going on anyway!! Anyways, If one day I woke up and saw the paper saying ENGLAND GET WC I would be like, OMG i thrilled!!!, would I care that it cost us a Knighthood? Would anyone? and be serious!!

Greed...Where do we begin...the human race..... OK anyone interested about greed needs to read this book The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins.

In fact read anything by Richard Dawkins, he's as genius as Hawking

I heard about that book... might have to take a look; trouble is hardly have time to read a paper these days let alone a book.

Corruption does indeed happen at every level and you are right about the british govt.. we have, after all, been currying favour in our typically reserved British way for centuries.

It does not stop me, you and the vast majority wanting to clean up football though and lets face it, Blatter, Warner and others are pretty odious characters and who doesn't want to see such rot bags take a fall once in a while.

HERE HERE !!

Corruption does exist, that is the reality unfortunately. Alleged- and we should remember that nothing is fully proven yet- corruption aside though, there are compelling reasons other than that to get rid of Blatter and his cohorts I think. Take video technology and the number of times it has proved pivotal in the last year fairly high level. Lampard goal, Argentina goal on the same day wrongly given, Chelsea v Spurs a few weeks. Could cost managers jobs, teams World Cups etc- for that obstinance alone he should be gone IMO.

Corruption does exist, that is the reality unfortunately. Alleged- and we should remember that nothing is fully proven yet- corruption aside though, there are compelling reasons other than that to get rid of Blatter and his cohorts I think. Take video technology and the number of times it has proved pivotal in the last year fairly high level. Lampard goal, Argentina goal on the same day wrongly given, Chelsea v Spurs a few weeks. Could cost managers jobs, teams World Cups etc- for that obstinance alone he should be gone IMO.

Yeah and that Palarse goal against BCFC.. shocking decision. disapointed2se.gif

Yeah and that Palarse goal against BCFC.. shocking decision. disapointed2se.gif

Well remembered! Yeah, it pissed Warnock off greatly, which was all for the good but the stakes are that high these days that his refusal to implement video technology is ridiculous. Imagine if tonight, the CL final is decided by a penalty which wasn't or worse still a goal either wrongly allowed or disallowed late, late in the game.

Well remembered! Yeah, it pissed Warnock off greatly, which was all for the good but the stakes are that high these days that his refusal to implement video technology is ridiculous. Imagine if tonight, the CL final is decided by a penalty which wasn't or worse still a goal either wrongly allowed or disallowed late, late in the game.

Too true.

On balance I am in favour of it for sure; too many errors and I don't think officiating has got worse but more the camera work, by TV, does not miss a trick these days.

Jack warner says he's going to reveal all and it will shock. Seems as tho, if he's going down, he's gonna bring them all down with him!!

This may be the start of a much needed revolution for FIFA

Here is the article in which Riaz refers:

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391817/A-football-tsunami-hit-FIFA-warns-vice-president-Jack-Warner.html?ito=feeds-newsxm

Pretty usual and predictably deflecting comments from the pompous and odious Warner frankly. It says everything about FIFA when one of it's highest ranking officials continues to consider his behaviour above board when the evidence that has accumulated over the years could fill a book. A Cock of the highest order with only the smallest of cojones.

As for 'shocking' the world comment; I can merely say he must be in full acting mode because as far as I can tell the revelations are pretty well known already. The only surprise is he is going to go public himself on what is already public!

Here is the article in which Riaz refers:

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391817/A-football-tsunami-hit-FIFA-warns-vice-president-Jack-Warner.html?ito=feeds-newsxm

Pretty usual and predictably deflecting comments from the pompous and odious Warner frankly. It says everything about FIFA when one of it's highest ranking officials continues to consider his behaviour above board when the evidence that has accumulated over the years could fill a book. A Cock of the highest order with only the smallest of cojones.

As for 'shocking' the world comment; I can merely say he must be in full acting mode because as far as I can tell the revelations are pretty well known already. The only surprise is he is going to go public himself on what is already public!

I don't think the evidence is in the public domain. there are certainly suspicions....

Hopefully it will be "shocking" - more chance of a revamp!

Does anyone actually want the World Cup? My patience ran out with South Africa... international football can do one as far as I'm concerned.

I would, especially if I could see a match in Bristol.

I think the current problem with International football is how bad England have been and how boring it is to watch them for the most part. You never know that might change at some point.

I would, especially if I could see a match in Bristol.

I think the current problem with International football is how bad England have been and how boring it is to watch them for the most part. You never know that might change at some point.

Agreed. We weren't in Euro 2008, so perhaps many in this country didn't watch it as a result. I braved it anyway and yeah those who shunned it due to our absence missed out somewhat, some excellent, exciting football in that tournament as well as some tactically astute managers.

I don't think the evidence is in the public domain. there are certainly suspicions....

Hopefully it will be "shocking" - more chance of a revamp!

Plenty of evidence out there, books, documentaries etc catalogued over many years. And a darn sight more than heresy. If you look you will find.

Archived