IGNORED

Could We Still Get The World Cup?

InCider

Bit of a twist with presidency candidate from quatar has stepped down, i think its a discrace that they were given the 2022, it should have gone to australia. The quicker we pull out of fifa the better imo.

Yeah pull out of FIFA - very easy to do that!

Players in this country would not be allowed to represent their country.

No champions league for our clubs.

Players outside England wouldnt come here, because it would effect their careers

It's fair to say, pulling out of FIFA would be like opening a worms IMO

Yeah pull out of FIFA - very easy to do that!

Players in this country would not be allowed to represent their country.

No champions league for our clubs.

Players outside England wouldnt come here, because it would effect their careers

It's fair to say, pulling out of FIFA would be like opening a worms IMO

There is no way we will pull out of FIFA unless we have garnered the unequivocal support of several important nations; don't rule that out now because the Govt have crucially taken up the challenge of presenting a blueprint backed by several other govt's to FIFA this week. From what I am reading it suggests that FIFA will be given the chance to clean up and if they don't then a breakaway will be put in motion. Interesting that the govt feel the need to act when they can see that the FA is either inept or partially embroiled themselves. In addition, an outside entity clearly has far more gravitas anyway.

fifa dont like england mainly blatter

It's easy to say that I think, not entirely sure I agree though. Actually, we have acted in certain ways in the past which have made us unpopular in FIFA circles, so it could be argued it's partly our fault to some extent.

Here is the best example:

World Cup 2006 bid, we had a gentlemans agreement with Germany whereby we would give them a clear run if they gave us a clear run at Euro 96. They fulfilled their part of the bargain, then we went back on our word. Hence, we may not be the most popular in this respect. Bigger problem though, we don't have anyone on the top table, not properly.

Archived