IGNORED

Fhm 'superfan'

ProjectMayhem

Because people dared to speak up about Dolly winning it and were all shot down as being childish and the like whilst the otib regulars all had a circle jerk about it. Either way its a ridiculous thing to win and neither deserved it.

I didn't read the Dolly topic as it being against Dolly, rather about the transparency of the whole process, as that was certainly my argument. Regardless of who had won it(and yes it is a ridiculous award), there would ALWAYS have been people who felt others were more deserving(rightly or wrongly).

The award that Dan has won, I believe, was because he applied to the awarding body, rather than actually being nominated. And whereas Dolly, won against known opposition, was nominated by several people, no-one knows who Dan was up against, if indeed, anyone.

• Admin

The award that Dan has won, I believe, was because he applied to the awarding body, rather than actually being nominated. And whereas Dolly, won against known opposition, was nominated by several people, no-one knows who Dan was up against, if indeed, anyone.

. . . and did not make it to the final three of the club award,

Difficult to work out what can be classed as a superfan.

Travelling distance?

Behind the scenes work?

Applying for awards?

Pro activeness?

Just think these awards cause bad blood and bitterness from people. Never any reason why there given and just think if people want these awards then maybe not such a public showing.

I travel from wigan to watch city whenever possible and know a few fans who travel further but don't want recognition just want to watch there team. Driving back on a Saturday this season not been fun after some games.

Not sure what is best way to reward fans for things they do with the club, just think that maybe sometimes it could be handled better.

. . . and did not make it to the final three of the club award,

Maybe they sussed he was getting all his mates from uni to vote for him?

Along with loads of other applicants, Give the bloke a break. Huddersfield to Bristol every other week!

And you know for a FACT that there were loads of other applicants? For all I know he could have been the only one.

Don't get me wrong, I think the chap should be ******g knighted for living in Huddersfield, let alone travelling to Bristol and THEN electing to travel BACK to Huddersfield.

This is a great thread!

I've not bothered to read it until now as i thought the snipping, bitterness etc. would make me cringe.

How wrong was i!?

I've loved the predictable tone of the replies! I've even enjoyed the odd snippets regarding Dan himself, especially the burgers for orphans escapade!

Why do people let stuff like this annoy them? Who cares?

If anyone is feeling left out, PM me your reasons why you are a Super fan and i'll give you an award.

Archived