IGNORED

Bristol On Panorama

Fiale

Did anyone else see the abuse in the care home in Winterbourne tonight on Panorama, I cannot remember the last time I physically shook with rage and felt my eyes tear up - That people in care paying £3000 a week are subjected to torture and abuse by staff is just mind-boggling, what the hell is wrong with some people.....

Of for a swift drink to calm down.....

Don't tell me they're sending old people to the Mem these days!!! Disgraceful.

I'm sorry but a watched this and your comment makes you look like a ****.

These people are put in a postion of trust and should be strung up.

That is what can happen when care of the vulnerable is handed over to the private sector for profit.

very true and cases like this will be happening more when the tories get their way,

These people are a disgrace shouldn't send them to prison we should send them to the front line in afganistan let them get shot at and treated like scum by our armed forces

I'll tell you what guys, this might be controversial but consider it.

There was more than one person abusing people in that carehome. In what other situation would you find so many people behaving like this? I mean, do you think they specifically employed people capable of doing this? In any other carehome you wouldn't find so many people being abusive.

There's clearly been a case of one person being abusive, and the others just following them for whatever reason. How likely is it that they employed 5/6/however many people who specifically wanted the job to abuse these poor people? The chances are slim to none.

I'm not sympathising at all, but I don't think it's pure maliciousness, I think it's just people conforming to a group, and these people need to be not only punished but more importantly treated to not conform in this way.

You may not agree with me but it's unbelievable what some people will do to conform. Anyone who disagrees with me, look up Kitty Genovese.

That's just something to consider before saying all these workers should be sent to prison.

Admittedly, I haven't watched the film but it's something to consider about the workers before 100% ridiculing them, even if they're clearly in the wrong.

There absolutely was a culture that developed, that meant it was felt "okay" to treat the residents like this, but that doesn't make it right. Anyone who worked in that home and stood by and did nothing needs the book throwing at them

I suggest anyone who hasn't watched it yet, goes and watches it, so they can better comment, and be as horrified as the rest of us. I dont normally wish harm on people, but I truly hope that someone catches up to them and dishes out some of the treatment they inflicted on the residents. As someone who has cared for the disabled for a large part of my working life, I dont think I have ever sat there so mad at a program, and in tears at the same time.

I do wonder if the reporter could have reported to the authorities quicker. 5 weeks is a long time

My understanding is that the wrongdoing was reported almost as soon as it was taped and the staff involved suspended a while ago. The police agreed to not make arrests until the day the programme was broadcast as a court appearance would have severely limited the amount the amount that could have been shown.

Panorama was only involved because the employer hadn't taken the whistleblower's report seriously.

I have not watch it but the amount of anger when i had lunch with a few friends yesterday makes me not want to watch, these people are hard to deal with but again i have not watched a few strories i heard about it made me feel sick i was going to watch in on Sky+, i will give that a miss.

I have not watch it but the amount of anger when i had lunch with a few friends yesterday makes me not want to watch, these people are hard to deal with but again i have not watched a few strories i heard about it made me feel sick i was going to watch in on Sky+, i will give that a miss.

I watched it again last night as the other half missed it and wanted to watch it, very hard to watch and made my blood boil yet again. That wayne was the worst but what go's around comes around. Someone has put up his address on some facebook page so only a matter of time before he gets some of his own medicine! My link

Archived