IGNORED

Stewart & Johnson

Alex#40

I don't rate clarkson I think he's pritty poor but then again he's one of those strikers that appears to do naff all for 87 minutes and the grabs a goal,

He isn't a midfielder as some suggest he is a striker but for me a league one striker not quite good enough for the championship,

but thats how I view him and I can't really argue against what robbo's said ether,

It a stirker is to leave i would hope it would be clarkson as Stead Pitman and Maynard are all twice the player he is,

Oh dear god. You think it's possible to carry a player and finish where we did? You think the players we have had in the last 4 years were of the ability to carry a central midfielder?

Time for the White coats...:surrender:

No we couldn't carry him.....that was the problemclapping.gif

Sometimes you surprise me Nibor. You of all posters know a player when you see one but I can't fathom why you rate Clarkson so poorly.

Most patronising comment of the year to date ?

I don't rate Clarkson he can't impose himself on a game lacks pace and is bullied off the ball.

He's had plenty of chances and if he's not a starter and can't influence a game when he comes off the subs bench, I would have thought best for all concerned

for him to be moved.

Until this season we have never finished outside the top ten, what the bloody hell are you on about?

Yes but how much did he feature? Not a lot....Why? Because he wasn't good enough.

The vast majority of BCFC fans know that in the CCC he has never imposed himself and ultimately never looked like a proven, consistent centre midfielder.

He is too lightweight and too slow........when he plays in a midfield 3, his passing isn't good enough and he DIDNT CREATE.

Should of got rid when it started to become clear that he was a hindrance.

Yes but how much did he feature? Not a lot....Why? Because he wasn't good enough.

The vast majority of BCFC fans know that in the CCC he has never imposed himself and ultimately never looked like a proven, consistent centre midfielder.

He is too lightweight and too slow........when he plays in a midfield 3, his passing isn't good enough and he DIDNT CREATE.

14 starts which conicided with a 8 match unbeaten run at the time if i remember correctly and then he had a stinker of a game and was tightly dropped which conicided with Cisse finally finding his feet making it hard for him to get back in the side,

Roy Keane didn't create or have many goals so he must be a poor play

Messi isn't 6ft 4 and can tackle so he must be a poor player

Wilshire isn't 6ft so he must be poor,

Thats why england will never win anything and the spanish will as they don't let players go becaue they aren't big enough

14 starts which conicided with a 8 match unbeaten run at the time if i remember correctly and then he had a stinker of a game and was tightly dropped which conicided with Cisse finally finding his feet making it hard for him to get back in the side,

Roy Keane didn't create or have many goals so he must be a poor play

Messi isn't 6ft 4 and can tackle so he must be a poor player

Wilshire isn't 6ft so he must be poor,

Thats why england will never win anything and the spanish will as they don't let players go becaue they aren't big enough

Get your facts right, I didnt mention ANYTHING about his HEIGHT or BUILD. I said he was LIGHTWEIGHT something Keane, Messi, and Wiltshere arent or werent.

You can get away with being small, but you CANT get away with being lightweight, and unfortunately that is one of his NUMEROUS problems.

He played in almost every game until Johnson left, during which time we finished 2nd in league one, 4th in the Championship and 10th in the Championship. There is no way he was being carried.

The fact that Millen doesn't seem to rate him and he probably needs to be replaced now doesn't change the fact that he was an important part of a pretty successful team.

Get your facts right, I didnt mention ANYTHING about his HEIGHT or BUILD. I said he was LIGHTWEIGHT something Keane, Messi, and Wiltshere arent or werent.

You can get away with being small, but you CANT get away with being lightweight, and unfortunately that is one of his NUMEROUS problems.

I think you need to get your facts right I'm not saying we played with 10 men or carried one player during the must sucsessful period at the club since the 70's

I'll give you a fact, seeing as your struggling with the concept...... He played in the first 38 games for us in the play-off season and we we're top. He then got injured and we dropped down to the play-offs - Thats does not sound like a fringe player to me

Exactly. Its was said by a few at the time that maybe, just maybe, we could have squeezed in automatically if LJ hadn't been injured.

It's all about opinions of course but when I see Clarkson on the ball I see a player who's got a poor touch, a lack of conviction, gets pushed off the ball or falls over too much and doesn't strike a ball well. He looks scared to me - a confidence player who hasn't had any since he was at Motherwell. Yes, he's got a bit of vision and awareness around the box and can see a pass but too often his execution is weak or he takes too much time and loses it.

He scored seven goals, fair enough, my feeling was that several of those were rather fortuitous and another player in his stead would have done better. I can't see him making a contribution to a side that wants to push for the playoffs or doing anything to challenge Stead, Maynard and Pitman for a place. I'd rather move him on and try and get a young "centre forward" type player in to back up Stead.

I have to say I don't think Clarkson was at all helped by the nonsense of him being played as an advanced midfielder in a 433, it was a distraction from him getting some confidence and having a run of games as a striker. I think it looked like the role for him to some people because it allows you to float around a bit not marked too tightly and do little defending other than some closing down.

My view is most likely in the minority though I admit.

There's a reason he's known to myself and others as David 'Scuffer' Clarkson. I think he's weak and not good enough for the team also.

Clarkson is a very very useful 'squad player' and selling him would be foolish but I do agree with Millen in that it's time for LJ to leave. Stewart has improved but is most likely on high wages for somebody that won't start many games if Keith gets his way.

Clarkson is a very very useful 'squad player' and selling him would be foolish but I do agree with Millen in that it's time for LJ to leave. Stewart has improved but is most likely on high wages for somebody that won't start many games if Keith gets his way.

all 3 are useful squad players and if/when any of them leave they will need to be replace with better/younger players thats how these things work,

all 3 are useful squad players and if/when any of them leave they will need to be replace with better/younger players thats how these things work,

Yes but Clarkson is a decent Championship footballer and is very useful to have on the bench. LJ and Stewart are nowhere near as useful.

Yes but Clarkson is a decent Championship footballer and is very useful to have on the bench. LJ and Stewart are nowhere near as useful.

i don't agree I don't rate Clarkson infact I rate both stewert and johnson more then I rate clarkson

I'd agree with all you've said there Jordan.

I don't want to seem rude but just how can you come to that judgement? LJ is supposed to be a creative player but barely ever creates anything these days and allows our midfield to get walked through with ease when he plays. Stewart has improved but has still cost us many goals this season mainly due to a lack of concentration, whereas Clarkson has played a part in twelve of our goals this season and he is clearly a very intelligent footballer. He lacks the pace and strength to play as a striker but I think he is a decent midfielder to have in the squad.

I don't want to seem rude but just how can you come to that judgement? LJ is supposed to be a creative player but barely ever creates anything these days and allows our midfield to get walked through with ease when he plays. Stewart has improved but has still cost us many goals this season mainly due to a lack of concentration, whereas Clarkson has played a part in twelve of our goals this season and he is clearly a very intelligent footballer. He lacks the pace and strength to play as a striker but I think he is a decent midfielder to have in the squad.

He hasn't got the fitness to play midfield you would have to take him of after 30 mins, very good technicaly but a bit lazy imo.

why are so many fans thinking clarkson is a midfielder

hes a striker

we signed him as a striker

he's played internationally as a striker

he played for well as a striker

most of his appearances has been as a striker,

He is not a midfielder full stop,

and I rate the other 2 more highly as both have spent a long time in the championship clarkson has been a bit part player since we signed him and appears very lazy where as stewert and Johnson both give 100% every time they play not the best players I agree but they will not let you down and will always put the effort in,

why are so many fans thinking clarkson is a midfielder

hes a striker

we signed him as a striker

he's played internationally as a striker

he played for well as a striker

most of his appearances has been as a striker,

He is not a midfielder full stop,

and I rate the other 2 more highly as both have spent a long time in the championship clarkson has been a bit part player since we signed him and appears very lazy where as stewert and Johnson both give 100% every time they play not the best players I agree but they will not let you down and will always put the effort in,

Players have versatility...Done decent job assists wise.

I'd keep Clarkson, he was involved in so many goals when he was used as an attacking mid. With three def mid's I'd have also made Skuse available.

Also think we shouldn't offered Carey a contract. Wuold rather see him go than Stewart, Careys way past it now and is injured constantly.

LJ I agree with, Stewart should stay ahead of Carey,

to be honest the whole evening post article is bull. ALl they have done is taken a couple of squad players on the fringes and written a story about them. They could have chosen Clarkson or RIbero or CIsse and written the same article. There is nothing new here there are no quotes from millen who is out of the country and its no secret we are trying to move on average players like most teams.

to be honest the whole evening post article is bull. ALl they have done is taken a couple of squad players on the fringes and written a story about them. They could have chosen Clarkson or RIbero or CIsse and written the same article. There is nothing new here there are no quotes from millen who is out of the country and its no secret we are trying to move on average players like most teams.

they prolly got it from here anyway

Its now obvious that we will be getting rid of Clarkson to make way for Heskey, as according to football rumours, he's been seen at Ashton Gate - so it MUST be true!!!!!!.

This rumour wil be nailed on once Heskey is seen buying property in clifton.

Its now obvious that we will be getting rid of Clarkson to make way for Heskey, as according to football rumours, he's been seen at Ashton Gate - so it MUST be true!!!!!!.

This rumour wil be nailed on once Heskey is seen buying property in clifton.

he's renting from Curbs

Archived