IGNORED

Lee Bowyer

nebristolred

Couldn't find a thread so I apologise if there already is one. Saw this on Twitter:

"hi geoff,hearing strong rumours from good sources that lee bowyer is on M5 heading for medical and terms at AG?"

Which was then retweeted by Geoff Twentyman. Does he know something or is he simply promoting the rumour?

seems perfectly plausable. would more than likely take a wage cut but might be greatful for a chance to prolong his carrer.i am also sure he could do a job for us and would also be good for the youngsters at the club aswell.

good move allround if true ideally on a 1 year deal especially as he is in his 30's and his wages aswell

Lee Bowyer is a very good player, if a little aged!

I think he would be a fantastic midfield general if his head is right about coming here, the down side is he will probably get sent off a couple of times a season, but definately worth the risk!

So thats Emil Heskey now Lee Bowyer in 2 days, are we looking at the retired ex England players squad? cue Paul Scholes arriving then :fingerscrossed:

I think Lee Bowyer is a little more realistic - 33 yrs old and without a club.

He had been expected to go to QPR. Hasn't happened yet but seems more probable.

I can't see the QPR move myself, might be wrong. They have A LOT of money and can pay good fees for players and Bowyer would be a cut price option (and thats putting it gently). He has done well in a poor Prem team but is on the downslope of his career and QPR play a fast, counter attacking style where the whole team attack behind Taarbat (?) as the figure head. Can't imagine Bowyer's legs are what they were.

I'd love to see this happen as the 1 season we had from Paul Hartley at a similar age etc was excellent.

I can't see the QPR move myself, might be wrong. They have A LOT of money and can pay good fees for players and Bowyer would be a cut price option (and thats putting it gently). He has done well in a poor Prem team but is on the downslope of his career and QPR play a fast, counter attacking style where the whole team attack behind Taarbat (?) as the figure head. Can't imagine Bowyer's legs are what they were.

I'd love to see this happen as the 1 season we had from Paul Hartley at a similar age etc was excellent.

Their owners are rich but they are not spending their money on transfers. Note they did not compete with Swansea for Graham but dropped out at £2m. Thye are no football fans and will be looking to make a profit on the club in due course.

He,s had his well documented problems in the past but he,s got his head down the last few years could be a good move for us and him.

Yep, he appears to have grown up over the last few seasons and seems a lot less obnoxious than in his youth.

Bowyer in the City midfield is actually quite an intriguing prospect.

Where Michael Owen is a lodger

More seriously, I did see a Range Rover in Queen Square today with the number plate LB 21 - it also had a cushion on the drivers seat suggesting the driver wasn't too big plus sausages on the back seat, so it must be him?!!

Archived