IGNORED

Steven Caulker To Swansea ?

Ryan_BCFC

we're not missing out we were never in,

Harry wants him to get prem experance and Swansea is a good club to get that at as no disrespect to them they are going to be under the cosh and he will get the prem experence that Harry wants him to get,

we're not missing out we were never in,

Harry wants him to get prem experance and Swansea is a good club to get that at as no disrespect to them they are going to be under the cosh and he will get the prem experence that Harry wants him to get,

Indeed.

Lets move on from the Caulker love fest, its a little bit embarrasing!

Yes, no doubt, he was fantastic for us and we would love to keep him. We have asked about it and there appears to be very little chance.

So, thanks Steven for a good season for us and i'll will watch your career with interest, but no more groveling, making ourselves seem a bit pathetic!

Time to move on

:englandsmile4wf:

Indeed.

Lets move on from the Caulker love fest, its a little bit embarrasing!

Yes, no doubt, he was fantastic for us and we would love to keep him. We have asked about it and there appears to be very little chance.

So, thanks Steven for a good season for us and i'll will watch your career with interest, but no more groveling, making ourselves seem a bit pathetic!

Time to move on

:englandsmile4wf:

What he said

Then, we'll buy him when we get promoted next season after he's had a years experience in the Prem......!

Good move for the lad, wish him (and Swansea) well next year

i along with every city fan would love him back.

But not only are Swansea a Premier League team now, they play attractive football, have a good young British Manager, nice new stadium and a lot of cash due to the promotion.

They are obviously a more attractive target not only for Caulker himself but the his devlopment as a Tottenham player.

Ship has sailed on this one.

Him and Ashley Williams is a superb CB combination.

They have also been linked to spainish midfielder Marcos Senna. Fantastic midfielder, bit old now though.

Good luck to him and Swansea next season.

Am I missing something here? Why are people wishing Swansea good luck next year?!

Weird isn't it.

Maybe everyone is so happy that Baadiff choked that they have forgotten Swansea are Welsh?

I have nothing against Swansea. Cardiff have always been the enemy on that side of the bridge.

I have nothing against Swansea. Cardiff have always been the enemy on that side of the bridge.

Fair enough, but my Bristolian upbringing forbids me from wishing them well. It's a religous thing.

Even had to turn down that Charlotte Church once (and she was gagging for it).

Am I missing something here? Why are people wishing Swansea good luck next year?!

Too right!

It is no doubt a good move for all concerned for Caulker to go there, but as for wishing Swansea well.... Bollocks to that! :englandsmile4wf:

swansea deserve it they played the most attractive football in the championship and built a squad with out cheating the taxman like baaadiff,

The'll finish bottom no doubt we can laugh at them then, we're just letting them enjoy their success

Yes he was.

:laughcont:

in all seriousness though swansea fan mate, he is a quality player - very assured, incredible build for a guy of his (or any!) age and good with the ball at his feet. if he keeps developing he will be able to do a very good job for you. glad to see him go to a club who won't just demand he hoofs it up the pitch all the time.

What was he liked when he played for you?

In a word, classy. Very assured on the ball, good in the air and always learning. A real promising talent, if he does sign for you it will be a big plus, that lad's got a bright future if he keeps developing. We're sorry to see him go.

Good luck for next season.

Probably because there are some genuine football fans on this forum, and not just Bristol City fans who hate everyone else.

Swansea have a structure and quality footballing model, that many teams in the Championship would do well to follow.

They risked being different from the rest of us, and it's worked so far.

I think most football fans admire what they have done from a distance and will be watching with interest to see how they do.

You must admit, they play entertaining football.

Yeah. Swansea's too far away for any rivalry, never had anything against them. Cardiff on the other hand is a city full of vile subhuman scum that would be improved by liberal use of WMDs. And I'm in a pretty good mood today.

The sooner everyone gets used to the fact he was never coming back here, the happier you will all be. Move on, enjoyed it while it lasted. :laughcont:

Well said perhaps Keith will now stop hoping he will come back and look elsewhere. There was a risk he would waste the summer keeping his fingers crossed (likewise with Spence) and miss other opportunities. The answer may already be there in James Wilson anyway.

I saw Harry Redknapp talking on SSN last night about Phil Jones, said the he was in for him and that he was a top top player, future England center half and maybe captain. Seems strange that he was trying to sign an English center half who is only a couple of month younger than Caulker, unless he doesn't rate Caulker as highly as so many of us?

I saw Harry Redknapp talking on SSN last night about Phil Jones, said the he was in for him and that he was a top top player, future England center half and maybe captain. Seems strange that he was trying to sign an English center half who is only a couple of month younger than Caulker, unless he doesn't rate Caulker as highly as so many of us?

I don't think you can compare them to be honest.

Yes Caulker has had a great season, but this is the championship, Jones is Premier League proven.

Big difference in the leagues

We've got 3 aging CB in Woody,King,and Gallas....lining Jones up for the future and the number of games we have this season would have been an excellent addition to our squad. Jones and Caulker would also be immense for seasons to come, we'd virtually be covered at the position for the next 10 years. Unfortunately we didnt get him, but I'm sure Caulker will get some games in the Europa League and other cup competitions with us this season if he doesnt go out on loan straight away once the season starts. I'd like him to go out on loan for a whole season but its too early to tell what will happen with him.

Archived