IGNORED

Bristol Unite

steviestevieneville

Perhaps I'm from an older generation but i have a lot more time for Gas heads who turn up at the Mem to watch that garbage, than some bloke who turns up at the pub 5 minutes before Man utd are to kick off swearing undying allegiance, in his replica shirt but has seen them play live once.

We all must work with /know gasheads and without exception each one I have spoken to agree that our new ground has become a farce.

I think we should put aside on the field rivalries to one side , unite as football fans and get both grounds built ASAP

Perhaps I'm from an older generation but i have a lot more time for Gas heads who turn up at the Mem to watch that garbage, than some bloke who turns up at the pub 5 minutes before Man utd are to kick off swearing undying allegiance, in his replica shirt but has seen them play live once.

We all must work with /know gasheads and without exception each one I have spoken to agree that our new ground has become a farce.

I think we should put aside on the field rivalries to one side , unite as football fans and get both grounds built ASAP

Couldn't agree more, although being born in '83 I wouldn't say I'm from an older generation, just one young enough not to be fuelled by the events of '82.

Im from Kingswood so i grew up ,went to school with, and some of my best mates are gas. I agree that i would rather local fans support local sides and not glory hunt. But rivalry is a wonderful thing and the shit i went through in 82 and 90 when they all came back from Blackpool will live with me a long time.

The hypocrisy though on this is unbelievable. **** um.

They only want to "unite" at the moment because it suits them. That is it.

If they didn't have this glimmer of hope that they may one day move away from the Minimal ground, they would still slating our new ground and doing all they can to stop it being built.

Therefore I will not being going out of my way to help them as I know they don't/won't/didn't for us

I don't think the Rovers fan was suggesting a 'Bristol United', I can't imagine many fans of either want that. I believe they were suggesting that the clubs should back each others respective stadium bids for, to quote 'Hot Fuzz', 'the greater good', which makes perfect sense.

Now if, as has been suggested but is largely defined by differing personal experiences, the club (Rovers) and it's fans are only now taking the approach as it suits their interests, the '**** 'em' approach is very much understandable.

However personally I'd rather either overlook or simply forgive previous misdemeanours and demonstrate a willingness to do what is best for Bristol sport, which in my opinion is new stadiums for both clubs.

I don't think the Rovers fan was suggesting a 'Bristol United', I can't imagine many fans of either want that. I believe they were suggesting that the clubs should back each others respective stadium bids for, to quote 'Hot Fuzz', 'the greater good', which makes perfect sense.

Now if, as has been suggested but is largely defined by differing personal experiences, the club (Rovers) and it's fans are only now taking the approach as it suits their interests, the '**** 'em' approach is very much understandable.

However personally I'd rather either overlook or simply forgive previous misdemeanours and demonstrate a willingness to do what is best for Bristol sport, which in my opinion is new stadiums for both clubs.

As you stated sjc that it's in their own interests. When it wasn't in their interests they were doing there best (the club i mean) to distance themselves from AV. As Dollymarie said. They were the only professional sports club not to back the stadium and some of their fans even signed the anti stadium petition.

Talking of stadium petitions... I see ours is now 'inactive - awaiting submission to council' (presume this will happen prior to/or at the upcoming crucial VG council meeting?.. )

While I can find our petition & current status I cant see the rival nimby petition (supporting VG) anywhere -active or inactive.... its an insignificant bit of garbage anyway -so has it been dumped on a landfill site not a million miles away from AV?...

Anyway public support for the stadium was very impressive, totalling over 30,000 - lets hope :fingerscrossed: it wont go unoticed by the powers that be.

Bristol wants a new stadium not a "village green" Jon Darch Bristol City Council Wed, 1 Jun 11 30160

:city:

Zero support from Rovers with Ashton Vale, so I'd other Rovers the equal level of support.

We have nothing to benefit from them getting a new stadium.

Only possible thing I would suggest is inviting Bristol Rugby to Ashton Vale to further piss on their new plans.

With Modern pitches, Rugby isn't an issue anymore.

Topic on the sag forum saying both sets of fans should back each others stadium. ******g hell they got some neck after all the shit they've given us over AV. W*****s :ranting:

Please next time you go th their forum let them know I think they are complete cocks! This football club is close to having achieved its aim, even Steve Landsdowne said last year he was dissapointed by the lack of support from Bristol Rovers for anything to do with the ground and particularly the World Cup bid!

It was ever thus, though.

They have given us zero support over Ashton Vale, bleated on about us moving to North Somerset (not true) , signed village green petitions and mention '82 at every opportunity.

**** the lot of them, I understand the argument about them being better than plastic Man U fans but that is really all you can say for them.

They stole 50% of their current ground and are now dishonouring the memory of Bristol's war dead by pretending it isn't a memorial ground, just gates.

No support to them from me.

Yeah, but hardly any of 'em signed did they...

I dunno, I read through the list of names online and recognised plenty of gas heads I know. All the gas at wok signed it, plus family members north of the river did too.

Then again your right in as much as hardly any signed, only due to the fact they dont have many fans......

Talking of stadium petitions... I see ours is now 'inactive - awaiting submission to council' (presume this will happen prior to/or at the upcoming crucial VG council meeting?.. )

While I can find our petition & current status I cant see the rival nimby petition (supporting VG) anywhere -active or inactive.... its an insignificant bit of garbage anyway -so has it been dumped on a landfill site not a million miles away from AV?...

Anyway public support for the stadium was very impressive, totalling over 30,000 - lets hope :fingerscrossed: it wont go unoticed by the powers that be.

Bristol wants a new stadium not a "village green" Jon Darch Bristol City Council Wed, 1 Jun 11 30160

:city:

Just had a look. The Nimby petition where it states 'unbroken use of the land for 60 years (played in a land fill site then) has been submitted while (as you state) ours is ''awaiting submission'.

http://epetitions.br...y/petition/1206

It also says ' pending owner response> pending> withdrawn.'

Interesting eh?

Please next time you go th their forum let them know I think they are complete cocks! This football club is close to having achieved its aim, even Steve Landsdowne said last year he was dissapointed by the lack of support from Bristol Rovers for anything to do with the ground and particularly the World Cup bid!

I don't think i'll be on there much longer. I just reminded them they would of gone bust in 1939 if it wasn't for Mr Hitler. There not very happy with me. :laughcont:

One of them even stated that their ground is father down the road than the Vale is. Did I miss both their proposals getting planning permission then?

Love it. The same idiots who went to see their seats at Cheltenham STILL havn't learnt their lessons. Can't wait till this doesnt happen either.

Only possible thing I would suggest is inviting Bristol Rugby to Ashton Vale to further piss on their new plans.

With Modern pitches, Rugby isn't an issue anymore.

Really? I have to disagree. Would never want a rugby team playing regularly on our pitch, tearing up all the hard work our groundsmen do. Year in year out we have one of the best pitches in the Championship, if not the country, and I can't see how the inclusion of a shared facility with a rugby team could be financially beneficial enough to us to warrant putting our pitch at risk.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but that is my biggest worry if both clubs get the new stadiums - Bristol Rugby are p*ssed off with the Gas and we allow them to play their games at AV.

By the way, does anyone know if part of the reason our pitch is so nice is due to which way the ground faces and the amount of sunlight we get? I've heard a few mention that at AV, our pitch could potentially be worse come the end of the season. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Archived