IGNORED

Nicky Maynard And England

Northampton Red

Yes, certainly has the potential.

Unlike the likes of Wickham, when Nicky was young enough to play for the England U21's he was still playing in League One and hadn't really made that much of a name for himself, whereas Wickham is a regular in a Championship side.

Unfortunately for Nicky (us?) he's not very likely to get a look in for the senior England team whilst at a Championship club.If he does go to a Premier League team and manages to make a decent go of things at that level, who knows.

Yes he will make it. All hes gotta do is be in form in the prem when theres an england game.

Through his whole career hes hit peaks and troughs in goal numbers. Cant see any reason why he wont do the same in the prem. Hit a peak at the start of the season, not next season though, be on top of goal scoring charts for the 1st couple of months gaining publicity. Press frenzy saying blood new players for an up coming meaningless friendly then he will get called up

I think the hype of Maynard is getting a bit silly, he is a good squad player at Championship level, at the moment, if he wants more he has to work harder, he has the attributes but has he the hungrier.

He's definitely more than a good championship squad player and would walk into the first eleven of all but two or three sides at this level (The sides he wouldn't walk into having recently been relegated and once their star players have left, he would prob walk into them too)

Maynard is a better player than Wickham, by a long way... and I really don't think Wickham will achieve all that his "hype" suggests.

:laugh: he is a good championship forward.....one of the best.

But he will defo play for england? Possibly, but unlikely IMO.

About 15 young english FORWARDS ahead of him.

Actually, I dont think he is, or will be, good enough for england

I can't believe Capello continuely overlooks Maynard in his squad selection.

Although l suspect Capello is giving Maynard a bit of time to fully recover from his injury before he cements him as an England regular.

Maynard ain't the best striker at BCFC, let only England.

Good OP though, l've been laughing for ages. Quality stuff!

I can't believe Capello continuely overlooks Maynard in his squad selection.

Although l suspect Capello is giving Maynard a bit of time to fully recover from his injury before he cements him as an England regular.

Maynard ain't the best striker at BCFC, let only England.

Good OP though, l've been laughing for ages. Quality stuff!

:sleeping:

Why? Is he really as good as Rooney,Defoe and Bent :no:

Rooney?? No.

Defoe and Bent??? Possibly. If Nicky played regular Prem football (which Defoe does'nt) then i believe that he would score the same amount of, if not more goals than the latter two players you have named.

There you go, more of MY OPINION For you to shake your little computer head at!!!!!

Rooney?? No.

Defoe and Bent??? Possibly. If Nicky played regular Prem football (which Defoe does'nt) then i believe that he would score the same amount of, if not more goals than the latter two players you have named.

There you go, more of MY OPINION For you to shake your little computer head at!!!!!

Are you seriously saying that Nicky Marnard is better than Defoe and Bent? Seriously?

Maybe one day, anything is possible. Nicky is a great player, but he does get a bit over hyped on here.

He's 25 later this year, and a premier league club is yet to show an interest according to Keith. No doubt he'll be there soon enough, but he has a lot to prove at that level before we can discuss an England call up!

Nicky Maynard for England? Quite possibly if he plays in the Premier League, is he international class, no, but there aint a great deal of choice in England. England have such a poor choice to pick from anything is possible. He'd be way down the list behind players like Sturridge Carroll, but if Jay Bothroyd can get a cap and so can Nugent, then I suppose anything is possible. I think it says it all about the standard of our players that the England manger feels he has to look below the Premier League to get a striker.

Rooney?? No.

As a striker I believe Defoe and Bent are better than Rooney. Rooney has always been more of an attacking midfielder in my eyes

Come off it, the same could be said if you scratch the surface of any other nation.

Nicky Maynard for England? Quite possibly if he plays in the Premier League, is he international class, no, but there aint a great deal of choice in England. England have such a poor choice to pick from anything is possible. He'd be way down the list behind players like Sturridge Carroll, but if Jay Bothroyd can get a cap and so can Nugent, then I suppose anything is possible. I think it says it all about the standard of our players that the England manger feels he has to look below the Premier League to get a striker.

Nicky Maynard's problem so far is that he's had 2 serious injuries, meaning he's missed at least 12 months of his career already. They both come at times when he was progressing rapidly and seemingly on the verge of great things. For this reason, it would be foolish to write him off. He's not yet overstretched himself. None of us can really claim to know his level - we're guessing.

If Capello is replaced by a manager with knowledge of the English game beneath the Premier League then he will have every chance should he be in form. Particularly Pearce, who strikes me as the obvious successor. Someone who knows who needs to go from the seniors and most importantly who is most likely to step up. He would have the obvious person to ask about Maynard in Wigley.

If he sticks 25 goals away next season, he'll be talked about - Steve Bull was in the 1990 World Cup squad despite never playing top level. Scored a great goal against Scotland just before the tournament.

Nicky Maynard will never play for England......simply not strong enough......i actually dont think he will be much kop in the premier league, will be a beckford type of player, plenty of hype but when step up to the next level simply will get bullied......

defoe and bent are proven goalscorers at premier league level those who suggest he is in same calibre are not in the real football world.......

i would take 6m for him now, and invest in other areas we need stregnthening.......

one season scoring 20 goals doesnt make you england calibre, and even during that season he went a significant run of games without scoring

Archived