IGNORED

Ryan Taylor...

Evy11_BCFC

I would imagine this will see Clarkson moved on, give the lad a chance some of his finishes seem decent enough last season so maybe somewhat of a late developer!!

from what ive been reading on there forum he's improving every year. They all seem abit unsure if he will make it but they also say he may have become abit stale/complacent ala elliott at millwall.

i personaly dont see this as a big risk and adds cover for stead, but i do see this as the end for clarky unless millen will see him as more of an attacking midfielder ?

I just don't understand this to be honest? Yeah he maybe cheap but so are other hundred young players who play in positions we badly need! plus we have jackson coming through the ranks so pass on this!

we have no back up for stead our stike force could hold a fork when he wasn't playing ****il Nicky came back) so I can understand,

Also there will be other players coming just won't be in the order you expect

Albert Admoah is crap he had a poor game against Swansea at Ashton Gate,

I heard that from some one who seen him play

Adomah had good reviews from everyone when he came up from Barnet, i dont see the point in signing a 6ft2 striker, its just gunna encourage long balls, i thought thats what we cut out of our game quite alot last year, just hope he proves me wrong !

Adomah had good reviews from everyone when he came up from Barnet, i dont see the point in signing a 6ft2 striker, its just gunna encourage long balls, i thought thats what we cut out of our game quite alot last year, just hope he proves me wrong !

Ffs he ain't even signed yet and he's being slagged off. Unbelievable

Ffs he ain't even signed yet and he's being slagged off. Unbelievable

I know look at the outrage last season when we signed albert but the happieness when we signed nicky hunt,

People should make a judgement after they've seen him pull on a red shirt and play,

Remember a player called Bobby Zamora who wasn't good enough for Rovers?

went to weston on loan and Brighton signed him and their fans moaned like hell then and now he plays for england, he is and never was a potant goal scorer pitching in with between 10 -14 goals a year (the same as kevin davis)

Don't write the lad off

Hudds fan i work with saw him play last season and rates him. I think we're probably bringing him in because he's cheap and wants low wages which will allow us to take a hit in terms of a fee for getting rid of Clarkson. Free up some wage bill, etc. At the risk of sounding like a fat little cockney, another club in the bag...

Yep, we should get all the players we need in the exact order of priority.

And we should also assume that this player isn't replacing another squad member.

And we should also slag off every signing if we haven't got a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

Not slagging any signing off - just making a point

We have plenty of time to bring in players.

But out of all the positions we need. We dont need a winger or a striker.... and thats what we've got!!

Anyhow - I realise its too early too judge. Roll on August

Just watched a Rotheram goals compilation of last year and Taylor produces some good finishes in the video. Definitely looks similar to Stead in the parts of the video he is in.

For his best efforts go to 6:06, 7:10, 10:18 and 12:22.

thanks...doesn't look as though he plays in front of packed houses!

Not slagging any signing off - just making a point

Pre-season training starts on the 1st of July, season starts on the 6th of August, if we havent brought in any defenders by the mid of July I would be worried, if we havent got any new defenders by the the start of the season I would question what the mangement team have been up to.

Until then just let them get on with it, maybe we shouldnt announce any signings until they are all here and we can do it in the order people want!!

Yep, we should get all the players we need in the exact order of priority.

And we should also assume that this player isn't replacing another squad member.

And we should also slag off every signing if we haven't got a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

In Raiz's defense its a long running joke about signing wingers and strikers

Pre-season training starts on the 1st of July, season starts on the 6th of August, if we havent brought in any defenders by the mid of July I would be worried, if we havent got any new defenders by the the start of the season I would question what the mangement team have been up to.

Until then just let them get on with it, maybe we shouldnt announce any signings until they are all here and we can do it in the order people want!!

Its not the order I have a problem with. I just dont think we needed a winger or a stiker - its our strongest department!

Cut out long balls? Ha.

One of our biggest problems last season was when the defenders cleared their lines, the ball came straight back because it didn't stick to our strikers.

Jon Stead is tall, does he promote long ball?

Bloody hell.

Jon Stead does promote long balls, although he is a better player when the ball is at his feet, our defenders see a big man up front and they just pump it up at him. When we played Maynard/Clarkson or Maynard/Pitman we looked a much better team and it was alot better to watch. I feel sorry for stead as he always has the ball just pumped up to him and that isnt even his game! So if we bring in this bloke, we are obviously planning for some direct long balls forward, otherwise Millen would have gone out and signed someone with pace.

Lets just see what happens, im not slating him before he even plays for us, but just feel it will ecourage long ball and thats not what you wanna see as a mid table side!

Archived