IGNORED

Thursday's Meeting

Sargent Pepper

Unless i've missed something one of the most important events in Bristol City's history and indeed the future is tomorrow evening and as yet i've not seen anything on here about it. Surely we should be trying to drum up people to make sure there is a mass of red and white in the council chambers? I'd like to think the people with the decsion will make the correct call but for them to look up and see the benches packed with red shirts can only help. You know the village greeners will be there, possibly using their children as emotional blackmail again.

I realise some people are not expecting this to be the end of the matter as the losing side will maybe appeal. But think of this stadium campaign as a cup run. We've gor ourselves to the final, we've had a few last minute equillisers go in against us but we've kept fighting and won the replays. A rejection (or split decsion) of the TVG tomorrow will see us go 1-0 up with minutes to go and we will see if the opposition has the bottle to fight back and take it to extra time.

I don't believe this will be as late a night as some previous meetings have been but I'd hate to think the decsion goes poorly for us and we regret not making the effort. Come on boys and girls, lets get down there and keep the pressure on.

:city:

I have heard Pippa is now starting a campaign against the new Rovers ground, she has failed with the bendy bus thing, the City thing ain't looking too good for here and she is bored, so this will give her something to do. We need a new ground, they need a new ground and hopefully when there playing Blue Square football BRC will steal the ground of them like they did to them, Bristol needs to sporting wise get with the times, but again with people like Pippa and some of the councillors who knows, we are the capital of the South West, are Take That playing in this City?, no we couldn't build a new arena next to Temple Meads, makes my blood boil. Brunel must be turning in his grave.

Im sure the club asked for no fan involvement recently so no 'intimidation' ideas can b used to say the council were 'forced' into it???

Exactly..................this is a decision that will be made (apparently) on merit of the evidence & reports from officials................a mass turn up would only leave room for accusations from the other side

Im sure the club asked for no fan involvement recently so no 'intimidation' ideas can b used to say the council were 'forced' into it???

Absolutely. The thing is that the council are deciding whether or not there is a case for the site being granted Town Green status.

The councillors are not legally allowed to consider whether it allows the stadium to be built or not, so any influence from BCFC fans is likely to form the major part of a challenge from the TVG applicants.

My sentiments exactly.

When Steve Lansdown pubically said that with such certainty I stopped worrying about it.

Its just a matter of time thats all.

will you stop posting things that I agree with I want a arguement :laughcont:

I too felt that this ground is going to happen no matter what, and once its built we're start seeing real investment in our playing squad we just need to tread water in the championship until then

I'll be there. By all means people can turn up, but the club (and indeed the ST) won't be driving anything to get droves of people to turn up, so that the decision is made on fact, and not public pressure, which could work against us if the opposition choose to appeal.

I'll be there. By all means people can turn up, but the club (and indeed the ST) won't be driving anything to get droves of people to turn up, so that the decision is made on fact, and not public pressure, which could work against us if the opposition choose to appeal.

This has to be the right approach on this occasion. We've had enough emotive accusations of intimidatory behaviour, even if many of them have been fabrications. We'd be well advised to keep our heads down, I think, and let the formal process run its course. There'll be plenty of time to get vocal later if things should happen to go against us, but for now let's not give the opposition any more ammunition with which to play for public sympathy.

Let them be the ones to shoot themselves in the foot. They've been making a pretty good job of doing so lately. Long may it continue.

They can ask a judge to grant a JR, if he says no then it won't go to a full appeal. With the facts of the land being in commercial use in the past 20 years will he have much to consider if they follow the planning recomendation of splitting the land? We can hope common sense prevails but that's not always what we get

Archived