IGNORED

Ibrahima Sonko

Redhyde

30 years old, good player but we can do better. And wages may also be a problem as I'm sure he wouldn't mind 20k per week if he was playing. Invest in Wilson who seems a quality cb and he is young

your joking aren't you? no we can't do better we tried to do better but missed out

Wasn't he dropped after a couple of games by Portsmouth for being roundly awful? Not saying he wouldn't deserve another chance, but if you based it purely on last seasons performances you could argue that Fontaine and Stewart are both better centre halfs. Stilll, if we could get him back to playing the way he was while at Reading its a no-brainer

Wasn't he dropped after a couple of games by Portsmouth for being roundly awful? Not saying he wouldn't deserve another chance, but if you based it purely on last seasons performances you could argue that Fontaine and Stewart are both better centre halfs. Stilll, if we could get him back to playing the way he was while at Reading its a no-brainer

No mention of his form in the Sun's article, only that Pompey couldn't afford to play him.

I always thought he was quite good yet has been rubb iosh the last few years. Considering what he says in the article i'm not surprised, he's hardly played. Maybe he would come good if we signed him. He sounds hungry to sort his career out and start playing every week again.

No mention of his form in the Sun's article, only that Pompey couldn't afford to play him.

According to the sky sports link - they could'nt play him because they had too many loan players and you could only have 5 in the squad.

I can't see any value in bringing Sonko in, we've already got Damion Stewart and in my opinion Sonko is no better than him and no younger, either.

Before anyone posts that KM wants to move Stewart on, with two years left on his deal and having moved from QPR on what I expect were good Championship wages, we'll be lucky.

According to a Pompey supporting mate, he's was rubbish last season. Can't pass, hoofs it forward, scored 2 own goals. and was on £14k/week. But then, Reading fans loved him when he was there.

One amusing fact when googling, he went out with the girl someone took a high profiles superinjunction out on recently...

Sonko has played in the prem has'nt he?

We have lost caulker and a defence without him is a scary thought..... Not saying Sonko wouls be a good replacement - but we definately need a strong centre back!

Sonko has played in the prem has'nt he?

We have lost caulker and a defence without him is a scary thought..... Not saying Sonko wouls be a good replacement - but we definately need a strong centre back!

we need another 3 right wingers and 2 more stikers before we can even think of signing a centre back Riaz :laughcont:

Archived