IGNORED

Ashton Vale / Stadium

SeaMillsRed

I have been living in the USA for a few years now and have been following the stuff on the green belt etc.... but cannot watch the local news etc to get the little bits.

My question is (if anyone has the answer that is ) have we got enough land on the North side of the belt for the stadium plans we have without altering them? This would again be expensive and time consuming. Also will Mr Lansdown get to sell the South part as it will be useless to him or is that just lost money to him now?

Any info would be great as i am planning ahead to attend the first game in the NEW STADIUM !!!

The plan is exactly the same as before except the south side which was greenbelt where housing was refused is now a town green which also includes the new wetlands area. The stadium, hotel, Mcdonalds, Rapid transport sytem are unaffected. As for the village green area including the wetlands the council will have to purchase the land back from Lansdown plus pay for the maintenace.

i'm assuming that after the desicion was announced yesterday then the fact that the club have said this is encouraging news then maybe 21 acres is enough however guy price also said that internally things need to be sorted so maybe not then!!

hope this helps but i don't think anyone who isn't involved with the club knows how much land we need for the stadium and how only being able to build on half of it affects us.

woops was writing at the same time as dynamite go with what he says :)

Another week or two passes. Still not a word on anything to do with the ruling at the council meeting. What is going on exactly?

Nothing. Everyone is waiting for the appli****s to apply for judicial review. Or not.

90 days from the meeting is when we can realistically break ground.

I know the procedure, it's the lack of news regarding it. If I were the media I'd be sticking a microphone under the nose of every nimby I could find to see how they are intending to proceed. Unless I've missed something it's been total radio silence since that evening?

I know the procedure, it's the lack of news regarding it. If I were the media I'd be sticking a microphone under the nose of every nimby I could find to see how they are intending to proceed. Unless I've missed something it's been total radio silence since that evening?

I guess it's because they don't want to be identified or give out any information they don't have to in case it helps us prepare, and the club are being cautious obviously.

I think this is just a case of waiting it out, no news being good news for now.

So then, with the Council having to buy back the land from Mr Lansdown for their village green, surely the price will go up to cover all costs and also the land increase factor....:laugh:..

Id sell it back to them with a few million on top for his troubles and maybe a few new players as well...

COYRs....................

So then, with the Council having to buy back the land from Mr Lansdown for their village green, surely the price will go up to cover all costs and also the land increase factor....:laugh:..

Id sell it back to them with a few million on top for his troubles and maybe a few new players as well...

COYRs....................

The council wouldn't have to buy the land at all sadly.

So I sold my house approx 2 years ago, a house i lived in for over 20 years, does that mean I can claim it back as I used to put my rubbish in the garden and let my dog urinate and do his dirty business..

Also hed make love on a hot summers day with the dog next door....

Im confused...

I think the word is drunk.

And SL didn't buy the land off the council anyway, it has always been privately owned.

The shitty TVG law just allows residents to effectively steal it by lying.

So now its been designated a village green perhaps we should all use it in the thousands.. would seem a shame to see it going to waste...

I Suppose its no different than having the park nr Ashton Gate to play on and run and take the dogs for walks..

Maybe they may regret having all that greenland next to a new Super stadium. In USA before games and after, they use adjoining land and fields for bbqs and recreation, make whole days out of it not just 90mins...

Time will tell.. The Council may even hand it back if it can be used to greater purpose for the City of BRISTOL than a few people letting their dogs run wild...

Would be quite nice, even on a pre match saturday afternoon or midweek, little portable bbqs, a few hundred/thousand singing around campfire few football songs, guitar kumbyya m"lord and all that..:laugh:..

Im sure the residents would be impressed that their village green gets used by the public, well it was their wish wasnt it..

Or do you think signs will go up, No Dogs, No Ball Games, Children must be accompanied by an adult, or only 2 people allowed in at one time,

Any other signs that will be put up, what you reckon????

Again I checked last night, and that would still fit on the northern site. :)

Is it 22 acres we have, if so, that doesn't seem a lot to be building a stadium, car park, hotel, restaurant and still have enough space to fit an indoor arena in.

The Ashton Gate stadium and car parks are less than half of that I would have thought - anyone know ?

If so, over double the size of the existing site is quite large.

I'm sure someone can confirm or rubbish that....

I'm sure I remember a planning document (the one ruling out other sites) mentioning a size of 12 acres as being the minimum size required for a viable project, which was much bigger than the current site at 7 acres.

The northern field is all we were ever going to build the stadium and facilities on and that's what has not been registered.

I had a detailed look at the plans the other week and while the majority of car parking spaces are in front of the main stadium entrance there is a large number of spaces outside the away end. This, I believe is where the arena would go.

It would drastically reduce the number of spaces but with the park and ride in situe it may not be so bad. I seem to remember some stadium parking would be set aside for people who had a car full rather than those who traveled to games on their own. But with the residents only parking restrictions around Ashton vale/ long Ashton we would have to be sure there was enough spaces to cope.

Nothing. Everyone is waiting for the appli****s to apply for judicial review. Or not.

90 days from the meeting is when we can realistically break ground.

From what I understand Judges tend to be less likely to call in the case after a month has passed from the decision to the appeal. So I would expect an announcement either way in a couple of weeks.

From what I understand Judges tend to be less likely to call in the case after a month has passed from the decision to the appeal. So I would expect an announcement either way in a couple of weeks.

It's a bit of a grey area but yes I've read similar. It seemed to me that the appli****s would have to explain any unusual delay or it would appear to be a deliberate delaying tactic.

It's a bit of a grey area but yes I've read similar. It seemed to me that the appli****s would have to explain any unusual delay or it would appear to be a deliberate delaying tactic.

Yeah I was speaking to my solicitor friend and although this isn't his area of expertise, he seems to think chances of a judicial review tend to be halved if the appeal comes in after a month.

Archived