IGNORED

When Do We Send In The Diggers ?

Ashton1

I would think there is nothing to stop the groundworks starting now.............there is no prohibition on the land and it has already received PP for the stadium

True.......if any type of appeal came out in favour of opposition then all the crap would have to be put back as it was....but on the subject of an appeal...........what exactly can the opposition appeal against?

Remember this is all about a TOWN GREEN APPLICATION..........NOT A STADIUM as that has already been discussed and approved

As far as I can see the only gripe they can have is that the council by making their decision to basically split the land based on new evidence did not carry out due dilligence & should have reffered it back to the so called "expert" inspector who ****ed it all up in the first place!..............and if it was reffered back then the result of South bit ok North bit forget it would surely end up being the bloody same anyway!

Its done my friends...........move the diggers in and get the slumpton mix ready!

It would probably still be foolish to start any work while there is a chance of appeal, also I would imagine starting work could help motivate people towards an appeal if they were going off the idea.

I would like to hear some kind of further comment or statement from the club though, the previous comments about having to sort out some internal issues still worries me.

I think the club should have a ceremonial 'first dig' day,

everyone turns up with a spade for a 3pm 'dig off'

farmer.gif

I would pay £5 to dig up my own bit of AV to take home and plant in my garden. Knowing my luck I would hit the peak of the disused tip and end up going home with a dirty nappy. 

Just drove past the entrance to the proposed site. A large digger was worker about 20m into the site and a sign up "caution site entrance" along with a guy in high vis jacket on the gate with a radio!!

I would imagine creating the first site entrance for construction traffic.:winner_third_h4h:

Nothing to do with the new stadium.

Sounds like the annual community digger festival.

Its been taking place on the site anually for at least twenty years.......!!! :laughcont: :laughcont: :laughcont:

Just drove past the entrance to the proposed site. A large digger was worker about 20m into the site and a sign up "caution site entrance" along with a guy in high vis jacket on the gate with a radio!!

I would imagine creating the first site entrance for construction traffic.:winner_third_h4h:

It's ground works testing. Had a letter through me door last night to confirm this. Nothing to do with the big build!

MM

They are working on the site entrance! They may also be doing ground testing further into the site but a digger wouldn't be ground testing on surface soil? :fingerscrossed:

I don't think it's surface soil testing but further down. The letter states testing soil in preparation for the building of the stadium and the club will keep residents informed of when the building will commence. They have already done lots of work ready to bring in machinery.

MM

They are working on the site entrance! They may also be doing ground testing further into the site but a digger wouldn't be ground testing on surface soil? :fingerscrossed:

Ground testing can be done either by using an auger to drill down several metres to form a borehole or alternatively a digger can be used to dig a trial pit to a shallower depth.

It may be this work that is being carried out on site.

Sorry, but what have the Australian Army got to do with it ?

Diggers indeed.The term Diggers is a term most holy downunder.

WW1 AND WW2, The Somme to the Rats of Tobruk the term "Diggers" has a huge patriotic meaning to our Aussie City fans.

Philip has raised a very emotive issue for our downunder lads, good for him. One of our late forum members, bransonmo was a digger and also my cousin.

The new stadium issue pales in significance to the Diggers who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of others.

As an aside, the new stadium becomes more of a joke as we become a League 1 candidate. based on current form and fans attendances.

WW1 AND WW2, The Somme to the Rats of Tobruk the term "Diggers" has a huge patriotic meaning to our Aussie City fans.

Philip has raised a very emotive issue for our downunder lads, good for him. One of our late forum members, bransonmo was a digger and also my cousin.

The new stadium issue pales in significance to the Diggers who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of others.

As an aside, the new stadium becomes more of a joke as we become a League 1 candidate. based on current form and fans attendances.

As much as I respect the historic and emotive meaning of 'Digger' to our antipodean brethren, I've just asked my four year old son what he thinks a digger is? He replied that it's "like a tractor with a spade on it", end of! Sorry! :dunno:

WW1 AND WW2, The Somme to the Rats of Tobruk the term "Diggers" has a huge patriotic meaning to our Aussie City

Philip has raised a very emotive issue for our downunder lads, good for him. One of our late forum members, bransonmo was a digger and also my cousin

As an aside, the new stadium becomes more of a joke as we become a League 1 candidate. based on current form and fans

attendances.

?

what on earth are you rambling on about!

As much as I respect the historic and emotive meaning of 'Digger' to our antipodean brethren, I've just asked my four year old son what he thinks a digger is? He replied that it's "like a tractor with a spade on it", end of! Sorry! :dunno:

Its about time some young kiddie put reds' diatribe history and engineering lessons in their place once and for all !!!!

Thats very sad AvalonRed.

I'm sure you will point out to your young'un when he's older what the Australians,Kiwi's and the natives from Papua New Guinea did in WW2.

The Kokoda Trail is an inspirational tale of cruelty and mans ability to survive, and what the indigenous people of PNG did to help at the risk of death, or worse.

It's a story that needs to be remembered so we never do it again.

:fingerscrossed::englandsmile4wf:

Look, I'm on the phone to John Bamford; i've had enough of this nonsense.

Archived