IGNORED

Henderson

CiderHider

Was thinking how annoying it must be for a young talented keeper these days simply because there is only 1 position they can play and fight for, so chances are you will play 95% of games or 5% on average I bet.

I hope Henderson does not think he needs to move permanently away from us to get competitive football. I would love to see him sign his deal and go on loan fora season as number 1, or maybe number 2 to a Champ club, I dunno. Just seems a goalkeepers career does not really begin until they hit 28, but they all need experience, what can you do?

Its really crap i think that we know hes good and will get better yet we may struggle to keep him, its almost like we've been stitched up having him when he's too young and now another club will end up getting him when he's at his peak! :angry:

haha, I'm just being greedy I suppose, I just don't like the idea of losing top youngsters to a Huddersfield or something. <_<

For me, he would be my successor to DJ every day of the week...unfortunately no-one really gets the impression that Keef agrees with that. It's a tough one as i'd love to see him do well somewhere and would love that to be here. I just think that it won't be.

When DJ retires next summer, Deano will step in and Hendo will be stuck on the bench every week - quite simply he's better than that. Therefore, i think we have seen the last of Hendo at the Gate. Sadly.

For me, he would be my successor to DJ every day of the week...unfortunately no-one really gets the impression that Keef agrees with that. It's a tough one as i'd love to see him do well somewhere and would love that to be here. I just think that it won't be.

When DJ retires next summer, Deano will step in and Hendo will be stuck on the bench every week - quite simply he's better than that. Therefore, i think we have seen the last of Hendo at the Gate. Sadly.

think he will move on...

Crazy but sadly true and one we will regret in the future as we look on with envy at what might have been. My only hope is we know him best and I think KM does really rate hime. If that is the case then 3 yr deal on good wages with loan for a year may be more attractive than other clubs are prepared to invest in him without real knowledge of the guy -- as I say it is my only hope.

I think he will proberly go, Who of his class would want to be 3rd choice, If he could get regular games in league one.... Will sign for yeovil ????

I woud imagine it's rather annoying being loaned out every season also :closedeyes:

I would like him to stay.

He's just had a fantastic season as first choice at Yeovil. Do you think he fancies the new season not even in the squad as third choice at City?

It ain't rocket science.

If James doesn't sign then he might stay. There's very little between him and Gerkin. He could even be first choice.

Millens dropped a bollock if henderson goes.

Like Robbored says, why would he want to stay here?? and be behind dean gerken?

Why we gave gerken that new contract I'll never know :disapointed2se:

Should have let gerken go and told henderson that he would replace david james in the near future.

As it is now - David James will probabaly stop playing end of this season and we're left with a league one keeper!

Should have let gerken go and told henderson that he would replace david james in the near future.

As it is now - David James will probabaly stop playing end of this season and we're left with a league one keeper!

I don't think you can really blame Millen here Raiz,

Look at it from Hendersons perspective what is he 23? he can no longer player for the irish u21's so in order to stake his claim for the first team he has to be playing first team football,

He won't do that here because he's 3rd choice, I';ve not seen enough of him to say whether he's better the Gerkin he's had a good season at yeovil yes but if he has international ambitions he needs to playing championship football at least,

This is an important contract for hendo which is why he's taking time, as far as I'm aware and I'm happy to be proved wrong here, only yeovil have shown any intrest in him and no disrespect to them they couldn't match what we're offering or even meet a fee we're asking or a tribunel will set,

and that may be a sticking point for championship clubs who are looking for a keeper they will not want to pay for an unproven one and we will be due money on it,

Tough one really I'm not to bother if he stays or goes tho'

That's fine if you assume Henderson would definitely stay if he was 2nd choice after James and preferred replacement.

If we released Gerken and then Henderson left anyway we'd be left with just one keeper and a 40 year old one at that. Then you'd really have a reason to say Millen screwed up.

Its Henderson's choice. City have offered him a deal.

If that deal is sweet enough, Henderson might consider signing it in the knowledge that James will probably play on for just one season more and he'll then be fighting it out with Gerkin for the starting spot next season. Henderson is still a young guy and one more season out on loan won't hurt his career in the long term and would give him vital extra experience. Who knows, maybe Yeovil would have him back again next season on loan. He was their star player last season after all.

I don't think losing Henderson is set in stone just yet

He's obvious a very decent keeper and will only get better. Be under no illusion that City want to keep him on the books but ultimately its down to Hendo himself.

That's fine if you assume Henderson would definitely stay if he was 2nd choice after James and preferred replacement.

If we released Gerken and then Henderson left anyway we'd be left with just one keeper and a 40 year old one at that. Then you'd really have a reason to say Millen screwed up.

I'm pretty sure that Henderson would stick around as no 2 to david james - david james will retire any minute now - being no 2 to him is no shame. I also suspect that with david james age that whoever is no 2 will probabaly get a decent amounts of games. I dont think david james will be as lucky with injuries as he was last season.

Giving gerken a new deal must have been a real kick in the bollocks for henderson.

I'm pretty sure that Henderson would stick around as no 2 to david james - david james will retire any minute now - being no 2 to him is no shame. I also suspect that with david james age that whoever is no 2 will probabaly get a decent amounts of games. I dont think david james will be as lucky with injuries as he was last season.

Giving gerken a new deal must have been a real kick in the bollocks for henderson.

I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption and if true it does make the decision to retain Gerken a little puzzling.

Which is why I wonder if Henderson has indicated his desire to leave more strongly than we've been told.

would like Henderson to stay as from what i have seen think he has a good future and will be a top keeper

if James does sign for another year then Millen can promise him and Gerken to challenge for the number one spot the following season and he goes out on loan again this season...

Archived