IGNORED

Off Loading Players...

spudski

I find the stance of players like this quite short sighted. Hunt for instance could be looking at 5 or 6 more years as a pro. if I were a manager in 12 months time looking for an experienced full back, I would'nt even consider Hunt (apart from the fact he is pants) I would form the opinion that if he does stay at BCFC and take the money because he refuses to take a drop in wages as a player only interested in the money and not the beautiful game. in short he could be playing Russian roulette with the rest of his career and see it end prematurely because nobody will touch him.

I think Bristol city should be able to claim Money from Bolton as clearly the case of Nicky Hunt needs to be looked at under the trade Descriptions act :)

Maybe he feels his career is over and is just sitting on a nice final years pay while looking for a job outside of playing football? Stranger things have happened

I find the stance of players like this quite short sighted. Hunt for instance could be looking at 5 or 6 more years as a pro. if I were a manager in 12 months time looking for an experienced full back, I would'nt even consider Hunt (apart from the fact he is pants) I would form the opinion that if he does stay at BCFC and take the money because he refuses to take a drop in wages as a player only interested in the money and not the beautiful game. in short he could be playing Russian roulette with the rest of his career and see it end prematurely because nobody will touch him.

I honestly believe he doesn't think he'll get another pro contract and as a very rich man from his many years at Bolton is happy to sit his last year out here doing nothing to earn his money.

As for the others I think we are in a position wherby we have several players who could only realistically attract offers from League One but we have them sat on Championship contracts.

Stewart is unique amongst those available in that he still has two years left on his deal and why someone who posted previously thinks Nyatanga, who we paid £500k for, would be on less money than the others, having moved from Derby, I've no idea...

I honestly believe he doesn't think he'll get another pro contract and as a very rich man from his many years at Bolton is happy to sit his last year out here doing nothing to earn his money.

But there's every chance he might do. There'll be league one and two clubs out there with more money than sense (City would have been a prime example in the past, hopefully not so much now) who'll be only too happy to part with their money for an "experienced Premier League player", no matter how bad his reputation.

Archived