IGNORED

Ryan Taylor

bcfcchris2016

seems like the fans appreciated his time at Rotherham and miss him enough to make a video of all his goals

Mate good spot, i didnt know much about him when we signed him.

I know he was in lower league footie , but he knows where the goal is.

Hopefully KM has unearthed a jem with this lad.

all his goals....

....A grand total of 23 in 135 games for Rotherham and overall 24 in 147!

Course, clean slate here, starts afresh- young, hungry, better service means greater chance oif goals but his past track record doesn't set the pulse racing.Wouldn't be a surprise were this post to be labelled impatient, fickle etc and I suppose it is to some extent- anyway he's young, he at least has some goals and looks decent enough in that video.

From the video montage, he looks good on both feet and in the air, can score from the 6 yard line or make his own chances from outside the box too. What I like is he doesn't seem to mind taking a knock to get a scoring chance.

I am looking forward to seeing him play.

CHR

....A grand total of 23 in 135 games for Rotherham and overall 24 in 147!

Course, clean slate here, starts afresh- young, hungry, better service means greater chance oif goals but his past track record doesn't set the pulse racing.Wouldn't be a surprise were this post to be labelled impatient, fickle etc and I suppose it is to some extent- anyway he's young, he at least has some goals and looks decent enough in that video.

Yep but stats are decieving.

Looks like he has started playing a lot more from last season, and bagged 10 in about 30, if he can carry that on 1 in 3 for a target man isn't bad.

Could be a bit of a late developer, who has the technique, put the penny has finally dropped that he has to knuckle down and work hard if he wants something out of his career.

He looks promising. I know we are only looking at his highlights, but he can hit the ball with both feet and can control a ball and he looks strong. He could be a gem.

Lets hope he doesn't read forums, because some of the things written about him before we signed him could hit his confidence.

Good luck Ryan, lets hope you develop into a really good player for us.

Not what i was expecting at all. Thought it would be mostly headers, but he can certainly take a goal well from anywhere. Good left foot and most of those were first time finishes.

He looks pretty decent and as others have said his left foot looks particularly useful.

He'll find chances harder to come by in the Championship. Well organised defences and better defenders all round. That said, with Albert and Bolasie providing the ammo you never know.

He's got to force himself into the team first and foremost.

I know this is highights and we can't really read to much into them but I think one think that is really encouraging is the timings of his runs and the different types of goals he scored. I think there maybe some real potential there.

Encouraging to see that.

Was billed as left-footed but clearly comfortbable with his right too. There was one turn he made there where it looked easier to hit it with his left but he swivelled on to his right to find half a yard and netted.

Clearly not fazed by playing at Wembley either.

It's true of course that Championship defenders give you less chances but most of those finishes would grace any division.

Besides you still get some rank defending in the Championship. We should know.

Although he looks decent in that video it is only a YouTube video and anyone can be made to look like a superstar by editing out the right footage. The goals are all taken well and it looks good but his scoring record to this day does make you wonder. Early days so can't judge from his zero performances for us but I wouldn't say his signing brought me the biggest amount of optimism in the world.

He'll find chances harder to come by in the Championship. Well organised defences and better defenders all round. That said, with Albert and Bolasie providing the ammo you never know.

I agree the step up will present him with a considerable challenge. He can certainly finish and on that evidence you can see why Millwall and Keith were prepared to take a chance on him.

Looking at his goals, I would say the main difference at our level will be that when he gets those sorts of opportunities he'll be closed down just that split second faster. There were a number there where he had a touch inside the box to set himself before shooting. He won't enjoy the same amount of time in the Championship, but given the chance to adapt to the pace of the game he may prove a useful addition to the squad.

I agree that while Maynard, Stead and Pitman are here, he will initially have his work cut out to get in the starting line up (though Clarkson might be nervously looking over his shoulder). That said, we have players who took a first season to really find their feet and who have gone on to do well: Maynard himself could arguably be said to be in that category. I'm looking forward to seeing how Taylor respoonds when his chance comes.

Fair play first time i have seen him and there are some very decent strikes in there.. The main thing that strikes me with him when he was interviewed it seems is that he's extremely keen to impress at this level, it did sound very genuine aswell.. Think it will turn out to be a very solid signing.

Reminds me a bit of Paul Cheesley :fingerscrossed:

Now I thought about this a little!

Little bit taller with a slightly wireier frame but obviously has control with both feet and doesn't try and get back on his left peg to shoot. Nice...If he can show some form and make a mark at this level I would be overjoyed but it took the almighty Cheese time to settle that in these days players often dont get,

When he was bought I thought great a left footed striker (Millen and Co obviously did well there) but this guy can do it with both so here'd hoping he can make the grade :fingerscrossed:

Good Luck Ryan Taylor :clapping:

Looks a good player to have got "on the cheap". Could turn out to be signing of the summer!

In a way it's risk free, as he didn't cost much and I'm assuming he won't be amongst our higher earners, so if he doesn't quite make the grade then we haven't lost that much. Alternatively if he goes on to be a success then it could turn out to be an absolute bargain!

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of him before we signed him, so that youtube clip is the first I've seen of him, and he looks like he knows where the net is. I didn't realise he'd been around that long, the first few goals in that clip were scored ar Millmoor, Rotherham's old ground, and they've not played there for 3 seasons now. It does seem like he's only become more consistent in the last year or so.

Archived