IGNORED

Fed Up With East Midland Clubs

numbeast

Hartlepool can claim to be within 30 mins of 1,000,000 people, as will Macclesfield. Chesterfield is a good shout, but once again just 30 mins from Derby and Sheffield.

Hartlepool might be within 30 mins of 1m people, but most of 'em are going to be Toon fans or Mackems.

It is segregational, derogatory and therefore racist. It is no different to saying n******.

It is also more the context in which you said it. "blacks shooting each other" is racist. It is highly stereotypical and ignorant.

I think you are more likely to be the 9 year old here.

Are you for real? Man.. I simply made the observation that Nottingham has gang issues, this is common knowledge I think If you follow the news, I only asked for confirmation or if anyone wanted to elaborate on the point.

Seriously, how do you refer to Blacks if you cant call them ummmm Blacks? WTF Else can I call them> Coloured folk?

Are you for real? Man.. I simply made the observation that Nottingham has gang issues, this is common knowledge I think If you follow the news, I only asked for confirmation or if anyone wanted to elaborate on the point.

Seriously, how do you refer to Blacks if you cant call them ummmm Blacks? WTF Else can I call them> Coloured folk?

If you were pointing out that Nottingham had gang issues, then why did you not say

"isn't it full of gangs shooting each other"

Rather than

"isn't it full of blacks shooting each other"?

Answer me that.

If you were pointing out that Nottingham had gang issues, then why did you not say

"isn't it full of gangs shooting each other"

Rather than

"isn't it full of blacks shooting each other"?

Answer me that.

Ummm because the gangs are gangs of Black youths! Christ you are hard work.

Ummm because the gangs are gangs of Black youths! Christ you are hard work.

So every gang in Nottingham is made up entirely and exclusively of black people? Is that what you are saying?

If not, then "Innt full of blacks shooting each other" is racist and stereotypical and should not be accepted.

uhhhmmm teddy wong does have some issues, but i will say this, i stayed in leicester for business purposes about 6 years ago, and i will say in support of his argument that in all the places i have been too for work their did seem to be a very continental flavour to the city......i felt at times that i was the token english/italian/irish guy

also has more subways per square mile than anywhere i have been too

uhhhmmm teddy wong does have some issues, but i will say this, i stayed in leicester for business purposes about 6 years ago, and i will say in support of his argument that in all the places i have been too for work their did seem to be a very continental flavour to the city......i felt at times that i was the token english/italian/irish guy

Bloody subways coming in to my country and taking over, never been right here since Mountstevens closed down :bruce_h4h:

It is segregational, derogatory and therefore racist. It is no different to saying n******.

It is also more the context in which you said it. "blacks shooting each other" is racist. It is highly stereotypical and ignorant.

I think you are more likely to be the 9 year old here.

:laugh: this is the most silly thing i have ever seen

Ask a black what they would like to be called when describing them, and most will say Black, to use the word negro or Coloured is a very white thing to say and this in fact is more controversial than calling a Black person Black.

I think the only place where the term coloured is acceptable to the people being called it is the caped coloured in South Africa.

You live in Cloud Cuckoland if you think the word black is racist, it is any thing but.

What could be termed racist would the the word you may use after the word black... tat word or words i will let you ponder on

:laugh: this is the most silly thing i have ever seen

Ask a black what they would like to be called when describing them, and most will say Black, to use the word negro or Coloured is a very white thing to say and this in fact is more controversial than calling a Black person Black.

I think the only place where the term coloured is acceptable to the people being called it is the caped coloured in South Africa.

You live in Cloud Cuckoland if you think the word black is racist, it is any thing but.

What could be termed racist would the the word you may use after the word black... tat word or words i will let you ponder on

I wasn't saying the word "black" is racist, I was stating that what he said ("Nottingham is full of blacks shooting each other") is racist.

I do not think the term black is racist.

I wasn't saying the word "black" is racist, I was stating that what he said ("Nottingham is full of blacks shooting each other") is racist.

okay fair enough.

But even that statement isn't really racist if factually correct. It is well known that yardies do this, that isn't racist it is fact. It is generally a gang thing. and as much as it is right or wrong, most gangs keep to their own kind which generally means race. Now that may be racism on their parts or not. who knows. Clearly there are white gangs and asian gangs as well.

Although gun crime is not uncommon in white and asian gangs, it is highly used in alot of black gangs due to the influence of yardies. Call it racism if you want but it is also fact.

I guess anyone's head would be turned by coming from the mighty metropolis of Leicester - famous for, errrrr, ummmm.... Showaddywaddy and Engelbert Humperdink! :laughcont:

As for Nottingham - I actually like the place, but most of the reasonable people I've met there tend to be County fans. Forest seem to draw their fanbase more from the depressed areas around the city.

And hide in Wine Bars :clapping:

okay fair enough.

But even that statement isn't really racist if factually correct. It is well known that yardies do this, that isn't racist it is fact. It is generally a gang thing. and as much as it is right or wrong, most gangs keep to their own kind which generally means race. Now that may be racism on their parts or not. who knows. Clearly there are white gangs and asian gangs as well.

Although gun crime is not uncommon in white and asian gangs, it is highly used in alot of black gangs due to the influence of yardies. Call it racism if you want but it is also fact.

I appriciate what you are saying and what I suppose I meant was that what Teddy Wong said came over as very ignorant and highly stereotypical if you will and could be interpreted as racist.

I didn't mean to imply that the word black was racist when of course it is not. I was just trying to highlight that using the term "blacks" in the way he did can strike the wrong notes.

It's also not true. When I lived there it was well documented that Nottingham was the only city in England where more than 50% of the crime was commited by white people. As well as that, the major gangs (who tend to do the shooting) are predominantly white in Nottingham. I have no idea why.

As another general point many of the drug gangs in the UK are actually run by white people, however they tend to employ young black men to do the 'dirty work' so you may see/hear about the violence perpertrated by black people it is often ordered by white bosses.

It's also not true. When I lived there it was well documented that Nottingham was the only city in England where more than 50% of the crime was commited by white people. As well as that, the major gangs (who tend to do the shooting) are predominantly white in Nottingham. I have no idea why.

As another general point many of the drug gangs in the UK are actually run by white people, however they tend to employ young black men to do the 'dirty work' so you may see/hear about the violence perpertrated by black people it is often ordered by white bosses.

Oh yes this is true concerning the gangs.. apart from the Yardies, who are run directly from Jamaica. I guess i really shouldn't of used the word Gang for Yardies, maybe the word cartel would be better?

Oh yes this is true concerning the gangs.. apart from the Yardies, who are run directly from Jamaica. I guess i really shouldn't of used the word Gang for Yardies, maybe the word cartel would be better?

Yep the Yardies are black through and through. There are several Yardies areas in Nottingham who I'm sure don't help the situation...

"Blacks" is a racist term.

DSCN0126.JPG

Croissants, Sangria, Pasta, Premium Lager?

Archived